HIIT cardio & carbs

  1. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,800
    Rep Power
    2277182
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    83.52%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    HIIT cardio & carbs


    As most of you guys know I'm old school with just about every aspect of bodybuilding. However, latley I've broaden my horizons and giving a few different things a shot.

    I'm a long time walk on an incline guy. Recently I've been looking to transition to HIIT cardio. I'd be doing so post workout (3x's/week) but on a TKD type diet I'll be consuming about 100gr carbs during my workout.

    Since I'm a noob with regards to HIIT cardio, is there any forsee able reason this would affect it? I'll be bulking/lean mass then move to a recomp so it's main purpose is to keep belly fat off, logically I think I'll be ok just want to see if anyone has experience.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  2. Senior Member
    uvawahoowa's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,482
    Rep Power
    31242
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    98.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    As most of you guys know I'm old school with just about every aspect of bodybuilding. However, latley I've broaden my horizons and giving a few different things a shot.

    I'm a long time walk on an incline guy. Recently I've been looking to transition to HIIT cardio. I'd be doing so post workout (3x's/week) but on a TKD type diet I'll be consuming about 100gr carbs during my workout.

    Since I'm a noob with regards to HIIT cardio, is there any forsee able reason this would affect it? I'll be bulking/lean mass then move to a recomp so it's main purpose is to keep belly fat off, logically I think I'll be ok just want to see if anyone has experience.
    I was the exact same way during my last contest prep and for years before that, only incline walking for multiple sessions of about 40-45 minutes. After my final comp of this season I switched over to HIIT cardio and prefer it over LISS mainly because of efficiency. I am on a lean bulk as well, but not on TKD. It has helped keep bodyfat off while bulking, but I do my HIIT as a separate session (2x/wk) rather than after lifting. Not sure if any of that helped, but that's my experience.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,800
    Rep Power
    2277182
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    83.52%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa

    I was the exact same way during my last contest prep and for years before that, only incline walking for multiple sessions of about 40-45 minutes. After my final comp of this season I switched over to HIIT cardio and prefer it over LISS mainly because of efficiency. I am on a lean bulk as well, but not on TKD. It has helped keep bodyfat off while bulking, but I do my HIIT as a separate session (2x/wk) rather than after lifting. Not sure if any of that helped, but that's my experience.
    No, it did, thanks. To know you're another that switched over is good to know.

    So you were doing HIIT 2x's/week, how long we're your sessions?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    uvawahoowa's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,482
    Rep Power
    31242
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    98.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water

    No, it did, thanks. To know you're another that switched over is good to know.

    So you were doing HIIT 2x's/week, how long we're your sessions?
    I am doing hiit 2x per week now, 25 minutes plus 4 mins warm up and cool down.
  5. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,444
    Rep Power
    1162443
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    44.75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    I do HIIT now, i go for about 25 minutes at most for 3x a week. Or Ill run sprints for 45 mins (30 second rest in between, no rest in-between for HIIT). Honestly I used to do the treadmill walk for 45 minutes but it just takes so long. I feel like HIIT just melts body fat off too.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,800
    Rep Power
    2277182
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    83.52%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar
    I do HIIT now, i go for about 25 minutes at most for 3x a week.

    Honestly I used to do the treadmill walk for 45 minutes but it just takes so long. I feel like HIIT just melts body fat off too.
    That almost verbatim what my buddy text me that sparked this thread, lol.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  7. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,444
    Rep Power
    1162443
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    44.75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    That almost verbatim what my buddy text me that sparked this thread, lol.
    hehe, its amazing. You open up your lungs a lot too. Im sure it increases your VO2 Max as well
  8. New Member
    Nico1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    197
    Rep Power
    10434
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    93.21%

    I'm doing hiit 25 min 4x week (morning) with about same carb intake tho I carb cycle so 2 days I have about 350 but been working extremely well for me
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 10:08 AM
  2. HIIT cardio after workout?
    By jon1026 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 10:18 PM
  3. HIIT cardio
    By Fatal Wisdom in forum Bulking
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 08:38 PM
  4. Carbs after emty stomach HIIT cardio ?
    By emzobg in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 03:52 PM
  5. First time doing HIIT cardio
    By CosmosM3 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 03:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in