Lose fat maintain strength

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.67%

Lose fat maintain strength

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site and would really appreciate some advise.I am trying to shed around 10 pounds but maintain as much strength as possible for my sports weight class. I've been eating pretty lean but energy and strength aren't there anymore, and advice on supps such bcaas or anything to help. Thank you!!

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.71%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Robfish- What is your diet like? I know you say you eat lean what does that include and how many times a day are you eating? What kind of supps are you currently taking, any at all?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.2%

Diet, workout, weight, height, bf%, and training history? Without any of those really not much to say.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.67%

Hi miss q,

Typically I eat 4 meals a day. Morning time I wake at 630 and go running for 20-30 mins after having an apple and l-carnitine (500mg). After I have a banana and eat nothing until 10am - 5 egg Whites and one with yoke. Lunch time I eat sandwich on wholemeal bread, turkey, chicken etc, and dinner is about 6pm where it's more chicken/tuna with carrots or broccoli. Then maybe a protein shake before bed. I also take bcaas thoughout the day before lifting - but I'm drained :-(. Thanks.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.67%

I am 5'9 and weigh 163 and have around 10% body fat. Lifted for 10 years but only last few years have competed so not interested in size for the time being. Thank you.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.71%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by robfish View Post
    Hi miss q,

Typically I eat 4 meals a day. Morning time I wake at 630 and go running for 20-30 mins after having an apple and l-carnitine (500mg). After I have a banana and eat nothing until 10am - 5 egg Whites and one with yoke. Lunch time I eat sandwich on wholemeal bread, turkey, chicken etc, and dinner is about 6pm where it's more chicken/tuna with carrots or broccoli. Then maybe a protein shake before bed. I also take bcaas thoughout the day before lifting - but I'm drained :-(. Thanks.

Well - I am no expert and I really don't know what your training look's like but I would think you need to add in few more meals through out the day ( like every two hrs) and add some more complex carbs to your morning meal. Maybe some sugar free oatmeal or a small sweet potato would give you a little more energy throughout the day?? You could also drop the apple before your am run and instead do your cardio fasted (since you mentioned wanting to drop weight) for at least 40 mins and eat your apple afterwards. I was always told to never eat sugar before cardio because your body will try to burn the sugar off before burning the fat.

As far as supps go.....I bet there are quite a few good one's being sold on this board

Similar Forum Threads

1. losing gut fat, maintaining everything else
    By correaconda in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-17-2011, 03:42 AM
  2. Gaining muscle while losing fat
    By savagery in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 01:12 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 06:57 PM
  4. M4OHN, Lose Fat! Not Weight, Stregnth, Hair