- 02-17-2003, 06:04 AM
Would like to get some opinions on optimal macronutrient ratios you've found to be successful for bulking and cutting excluding keto/low carb diets. As an ecto-mesomorph I'm leaning towards a 40-40-20 (pro-carb-fat) of 3000 cals as a maintenance level, no lower than 2400 cals for cutting, no higher than 3600 cals for bulking. I'm 6' 205lbs about 12%bodyfat.
- 02-17-2003, 06:10 PM
Damn, how'd I miss this one?
Do you know your BMR first of all? If you dont, check the link in my signature to Matt's BMR calculator.
Personally, for bulking I like a 40/40/20 or sometimes if Im looking to gain quick a 30/40/30. My calories are around 250-300 above maintainence.
For cutting, I usually do a 50/25/25, or something near that.
And my calories are usually 250 below maintainence for that day.
02-17-2003, 06:20 PM
echo YJ, them looks good . I find that personally, relatively higher protein ratios seem to work better either way... matt's calculator is an e****lent tool
02-17-2003, 06:24 PM
02-17-2003, 06:28 PM
02-17-2003, 06:30 PM
Thought so just wanted to make sure on it before I start working on my cutter.. I think that what was my main problem in the last go around.. protein was too low.
02-18-2003, 12:42 AM
Great. Thanks for the input. Asked the same question at bb didn't get 1 response yet. My maintenance level is around 3100 cals so I'll start from there.
02-25-2003, 11:49 AM
02-25-2003, 07:19 PM
02-26-2003, 11:06 AM
02-26-2003, 11:58 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By bfriedman1017 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 10Last Post: 02-13-2012, 11:00 AM
- By Nitrox in forum Weight LossReplies: 4Last Post: 05-10-2005, 06:04 PM
- By Moyer in forum Weight LossReplies: 2Last Post: 10-04-2004, 10:48 PM
- By CROWLER in forum Cycle InfoReplies: 6Last Post: 01-12-2003, 12:26 PM
- By MrTrap in forum AnabolicsReplies: 0Last Post: 12-30-2002, 02:52 PM