Eating after Cardio

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Eating after Cardio

So, a reliable source told me that you should wait as long as possible to eat after finishing cardio. That you will burn more calories/fat if you wait a good 2 to 3 hours after cardio to eat. Does anyone know the truth here? All googling has only resulted in articles about fasting "diets". Other questions include: Does this include HIIT cardio? or only steady paced? what about protein to stop muscle loss? Does this post belong in a different forum? where do babies come from? I'm confused...

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Muscle loss at high body fat levels is highly unlikely so don't worry. Fasting diets posses the ability to enhance leptin and insulin response, specially when training fasted due to increased catecholamine levels and thus helping reach lower body fat levels at a "faster" pace, rather than looking at cardio options , diet is crucial for fatloss , and it should be tackled first. To answer your question yes, it helps to train fasted and to have a certain number of hours to reach a better insulin response.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  3. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Answers

IMO its all about your diet. If you diet is on point you will lose fat at the rate your body wishes to release fat given you are in a caloric deficit. Fasting diets seem to work for most which is no surprise. But regular diets where people eat 6 times a day or more work as well.

Fasted cardio is a great tool but i often times do cardio after my workout then immediately slam a shake and im still steadily losing fat. I dont think overall when or how you do the cardio or if you eat before or dont eat after or whatever the situation is, really matters. Do the cardio, make sure your diet is on point, adjust as necessary when your body stalls and all will be well.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks for the feedback. Diet is and has been on point, as are the workouts. Just heard about this and couldn't find any information on it, so I thought I'd ask.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chefshields View Post
    So, a reliable source told me that you should wait as long as possible to eat after finishing cardio. That you will burn more calories/fat if you wait a good 2 to 3 hours after cardio to eat. Does anyone know the truth here? All googling has only resulted in articles about fasting "diets". Other questions include: Does this include HIIT cardio? or only steady paced? what about protein to stop muscle loss? Does this post belong in a different forum? where do babies come from? I'm confused...
    I wouldn't necessarily follow that advice since I'm usually hungry as a horse after training. I don't see how that would lead to more calories being burned since you already burned them during the workout. Muscle loss might be an issue if you're not incorporating resistance training while following a very low calorie diet of about 1K calories a day
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-26-2012, 09:22 PM
  2. Eating Before Cardio
    By mozwilde in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 05:03 AM
  3. Am I eating enough?
    By CZowner07 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 09:06 PM