Not Your Typical Belly Fat Thread

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.34%

Not Your Typical Belly Fat Thread

I know it's like a pool. I know it's the first to fill and the last to empty. I know, I know. But mine is out of line. My gut is arrogant and has an attitude problem. If you look at my face, arms, chest, cuts in my delts, you'd peg me at 16-18%. If I posted just my gut, you'd say "this belongs to a mind who is sitting at 35%." It's squishy, too. Not like the kind of gut that just protrudes, but won't shake much if smacked. If I smack my gut it goes for a while. Wtf.
    Celtic Labs Rep

PHFSupplements.com

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.34%

Name:  ForumRunner_20120528_130122.png
Views: 391
Size:  526.3 KB
    Celtic Labs Rep

PHFSupplements.com
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.37%

pics of said gut?
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.34%

Gut.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120528_153010.png
Views: 364
Size:  358.3 KB
    Celtic Labs Rep

PHFSupplements.com
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.16%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

hmmm...

Have you lowered cals or increased cardio?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.34%

Haven't really needed to... I keep losing consistantly. Getting leaner everywhere else... and yeah, the gut's smaller than it was 90 pounds ago, but still so out of whack. Wonder if I just have to keep grinding.
    Celtic Labs Rep

PHFSupplements.com
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I would lower calories to 500 under maintenance and also do carb cycling + Sprints 3 times a week at 30/60 then bump it up to 60/120 by the third week also 8-10 Intervals.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.85%

Just keep grinding, it'll come. Mine was the same way. I lost 35 lbs and my stomach looked the same, then lost 15 more lbs, which all seemed to come directly from my stomach.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.15%

That does seem a bit strange... I'm wondering if you have a problem with your elastin production...

What's your diet normally like? Also abdominal workouts? Did you lose a lot of weight recently?

Depending on your posture, your posterior chain could be disproportionately stabilizing your upper body, and causing certain abdominal muscles to atrophy.

Just a wild guess though, since I don't have much else to go on in regards to diet & training...
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Have you lost a large amount of weight already? It looks like your "gut" is just the aftermath of weight loss. Just keep working man it'll come. You need discipline and dedication. Take everyday and push towards your goals. You will get there.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.34%

I've lost about 90 pounds in 18 months... and my diet has been... almost nothing. Lots of running, less than 1,000 cals/ day... I'm working on that now. I just started eating more. Clean, but just more. Started lifting again, too. Hadnt the entire 18 months. Ab workouts are non-existant. I always figured I shouldn't care about them until I'm approaching the leanness to be able to see them. :-/
    Celtic Labs Rep

PHFSupplements.com
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.37%

yeah seems, like more or less elasticity issues from what looks like a large amount of weight lost and your body is trying to catch up. Can't say for sure that this is it. A thought would be to see if you can find access to a bodpod or hydrostatic BF testing and get that done. It would give you a better understanding of where your actual bodyfat is and serve you well in adjusting diet and training. Also run it by your doc on your next check up I'm sure they could shed a bit more light on what going on. I know for me when I did my last cut from a heavy bulk I dropped around 40lb. of fat in about 4months and noticed that it took about 3 months after the loss for everything to really tighten up so....
  13. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.62%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Honestly I would just keep on keeping on if you're still consistently losing weight. That elastic skin happens to pretty much everyone who goes through a big weight loss such as yourself. As you continue to dwindle down it may improve more and more. I don't know how much luck topicals will give you that issue, but if you look at this thread you can see what they did for firedrake:

Availability of Abliderate and Eviscerate?

It may be nigh impossible to find either product right now, but Dsade is bringing them to the Southland Performance line very shortly.

I would recommend Abliderate Advanced first when it comes back on, but you may want to wait till you've dropped more to try the topical route.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

PM me with any questions!
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.15%

Well, if you're still losing weight that's a good sign; nevertheless, for localized fat burning, you should absolutely be incorporating an ab workout. My recommendation would be a core-intensive circuit for a few months, to try and activate any ventral obliques or stabilizers that may have atrophied.

Also, some DMAE might help with your elasticity issues.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.34%

Lot of good stuff here... I would love to find a bodpod up here... any North Jersey brahs get bodpod tes

ts? Google has not helped. And I'll definitely start doing abs. My Wednesday and Saturday are cardio-only so now they'll be cardio and abs. I'll check out Abliderate as soon as it comes back.

I thought it might have been a cortisol issue, but a bottle of LX really didn't blow my mind. Guess an work + Abliderate is the plan. Thanks, all.
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.28%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Definatly work your core, even if you cant yet see the results. A stronger core will enable you to lift more and generate higher forces, much more than a weak core can. You'll notice that if you throw a ball, for example, that your legs assist greatly in propelling the ball further. When you step or run you transfer that momentum through your core to your arms and then throw the ball. The stronger the core, the more momentum can pass to the arms from the legs.

Of course this is only one example.
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.34%

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz
    Definatly work your core, even if you cant yet see the results. A stronger core will enable you to lift more and generate higher forces, much more than a weak core can. You'll notice that if you throw a ball, for example, that your legs assist greatly in propelling the ball further. When you step or run you transfer that momentum through your core to your arms and then throw the ball. The stronger the core, the more momentum can pass to the arms from the legs.

Of course this is only one example.
    Or a right cross, in my case. But you're right.
    Celtic Labs Rep

PHFSupplements.com
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.48%
    Achievements Activity Pro

thats gonna take awhile to tighten up about 4 years ago before I started working out I was 240 at 38% bodyfat I dropped down to 185 and like 12% in a year now I'm 204 and around 10% but still have the lil flap at the bottom of a six pack
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.34%

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar
    thats gonna take awhile to tighten up about 4 years ago before I started working out I was 240 at 38% bodyfat I dropped down to 185 and like 12% in a year now I'm 204 and around 10% but still have the lil flap at the bottom of a six pack
    Fuuuuuu...
    Celtic Labs Rep

PHFSupplements.com
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.48%
    Achievements Activity Pro

I know how ya feel man thats the one thing that keeps me from steppin on stage

one thing that has been helping tighten it up is cla its not a miracle cure by any means but it does help

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 01:44 PM
  2. Not your typical Epi thread
    By BigMfer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-08-2008, 03:59 PM
  3. Typical for M-Drol?????
    By pman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 07:02 PM
  4. Tuna... not your typical TUNA thread