Intermittent fasting

1. Intermittent fasting

Hey, anyone do intermittent fasting for fat loss? Any tips?

Thanx

2. Here's the guide:http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

Here's how to set your macros for a cut/recomp/bulk:
    http://rippedbody.jp/2011/10/23/how-...ngains-macros/

Any questions , read it up , plan something , post it here and I can guide you in anything you might have done wrong or need.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
    •   

3. And FYI It DOES work , wonderfully actually , Lean Gains is more than a Diet , its a Life Style Change for the better
    >SNS-Glycophase<

4. The links are excellent thank u very much

5. I started fasting on monday, i might have this wrong but would appreciate ur help on it.

So far, i ate as normal on monday breakfast, lunch, dinner. Had a low carn dinner and was at 6pm. I woke up, had my bcaa n had my training session 7.30-8.45 am, i had another dose of bcaa immediately after and broke my fast at 11am with around 65g of carbs n 100g protein, i ate every 3-4 hours reducing my carbs but keep protein intake the same until about 7pm, as i wirk shifts can only eat dinner when i have a chance. So as i stopped eating at 7pm my fasting will get extended today. But i try to fast for atleast 15-16 hours. Will preworkout supplements affect the fasting state?

Please let me know what u think. Through my fasting i drink green tea and water only. Mainly interested in dropping body fat, as i am female dont know if this will be harder to do?

Many thanks!
    •   

6. Lol bump meanin?

7. Quote Originally Posted by a312
    Lol bump meanin?
    I'm at the gym ATM but I'll answer you later, for now meal frequency is not a priority and just worry about making the post workout meal (fast breaker) the biggest one
    >SNS-Glycophase<

8. Ok cool thanx alot

9. Quote Originally Posted by a312
    Lol bump meanin?
    I was curious about the answer to your question, so I "bump"ed it to bring it back to the top of the list under "new posts"

I workout in the evenings, I was curious if just taking BCAA upon waking would interfere with the fasting?

10. Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    I was curious about the answer to your question, so I "bump"ed it to bring it back to the top of the list under "new posts"

I workout in the evenings, I was curious if just taking BCAA upon waking would interfere with the fasting?
    BCAAs don't break the fast and they aid in protein synthesis while on the fast.
    >SNS-Glycophase<

11. Ohh ok thats cool ive read that taking bcaa dont interfere with it. I do that too, take a look at the links that were posted by celorza big help

12. Thank you, that's what I was figuring. I tend to 2nd guess myself. Usually when I think of fasting I think the ingestion of NOTHING but water.

13. Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420
    Thank you, that's what I was figuring. I tend to 2nd guess myself. Usually when I think of fasting I think the ingestion of NOTHING but water.
    Lol me too! Have u been fasting a long time?

14. There's already a huge thread on this very subject:

The Lean Gains / IF learning and Discussion Log

Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

15. Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    Thank you, that's what I was figuring. I tend to 2nd guess myself. Usually when I think of fasting I think the ingestion of NOTHING but water.
    Quote Originally Posted by a312 View Post
    You don't break a fast as long as you don't get more than 50 cals in a 1 hour interval...Also BCAA's , creatine mono , beta alanine , alcar , agmatine (usual staples besides Fish Oil) don't count up to breaking a fast and are needed for muscle protection and protein synthesis stimulation , read up on the links I posted again , it explains it all there.

Take a good look at your macros too please , you can't be scared of carbs OR big meals with IF
    >SNS-Glycophase<

16. Thanx for that, how long til u saw results from this?

17. Quote Originally Posted by a312 View Post
    Thanx for that, how long til u saw results from this?
    Lol you can not use me a baseline everyone is different , but following cutting schemes and with cardio everyday (which I do a lot haha I'm a cardio nut) I got pretty cut up in the last 4 weeks of my cut...This is a lifestyle change bro's , it takes time but results are worth it.
    >SNS-Glycophase<

18. how would leangains diet work if i can only workout at 4-5pm?? I've considered trying it too but i don't workout in the morning....
    i guess i could start fasting at 12am and continue for aprox 14hrs till my workout??
    and what sups can i take while fasting? multi vitamins, fish oil etc? or like a fat burner ex aav2?

19. I am loving IF, it has allowed me to begin to alter my lifestyle with very little change, if that makes sense. Also lost 38# so far.

20. Quote Originally Posted by ludbg View Post
    how would leangains diet work if i can only workout at 4-5pm?? I've considered trying it too but i don't workout in the morning....
    i guess i could start fasting at 12am and continue for aprox 14hrs till my workout??
    and what sups can i take while fasting? multi vitamins, fish oil etc? or like a fat burner ex aav2?
    Same way, only difference is that your biggest meal is at 6pm...
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html

21. Quote Originally Posted by ludbg
    how would leangains diet work if i can only workout at 4-5pm?? I've considered trying it too but i don't workout in the morning....
    You would follow the two meals pre workout protocol break the fast at 12 end the fast at 8 right after your post workout meal.

22. Quote Originally Posted by a312

Haven't done it yet. I've been waiting till I ordered some more BCAA's. I ordered them last night, so when they arrive I will start.
    I workout in the evening. My finally meal which is dinner, is usually around 9-10pm. I figure I'll start the fast after that. Take 10g of BCAA about 7:30 when I wake up and have my first meal about noon.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. intermittent fasting help please
    By cleveland3 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-22-2012, 07:28 PM
  2. intermittent fasting
    By dark child in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2012, 12:59 PM
  3. Experiences with Intermittent Fasting
    By adnscmplx in forum Nutrition / Health