gokix's summer kickoff!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello ladies and gents! The purpose of this new thread is to log my weight loss journey for the summer. Anyone interested can read my previous log here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/195396-15-lbs-2-a.html. Basically my goal was to lose 15 lbs in 2 months and I ended up losing just a little more than 13 lbs! It was a lot harder to lose weight the last 2 weeks! It just wouldn't come off! I'm going to keep my routine (diet + exercise) more or less the same. I've been on somewhat of an extreme calorie deficit at 1300-1400 cals/daily with 1 cheat day added in. If I need to change my diet in order to avoid plateauing, please let me know! A lot of people seem to be getting results with IF so I might give that a whirl!

3x week resistance training (Stronglifts - high reps/lower weight) and 3 days cardio (mix of LISS and HIIT) since I still have a long ways to go. In the end, I did not meet my goal, but knowing I am on my way to a newer, healthier me is very exciting! Hope you'll join me for the ride. Any advice is greatly appreciated. :)

Stats: 26 y.o. / F / 5'6" / BF % = ?
Goal 2: Lose 15-20 lbs by August (3 months total)
CW: 168.8 lbs (as of this morning)
GW: 148 - 153 lbs

~ UPDATE 7/1/12 - PROGRESS PICS ON PAGE 4 ~
Link below:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/201371-gokixs-summer-kickoff-4.html#post3467588

~ 8/31/12 - Recent Back Picture ~

Link Below:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/201371-gokixs-summer-kickoff-18.html#post3588805

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
The last few pounds are the hardest. I think you have a good plan. Consistency is the key though!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Good luck on your new journey!! :)

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks sawa and lex! It's kind of been a struggle to get back into working out mode since my vacation. Pretty good first week though. Just like my last log, I will be posting pics monthly to track my progress. :)

Week 1

SW: 168.8
CW: 166.2

-2.6 lbs

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Front squats 3x12 w/barbell
Box squats 3x12 @ 70 lbs
Squats 3x12 @ 60 lbs
DL 3x12 @70 lbs
OP 3x12 @30 lbs
RKC Plank 3x30 sec

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not a good start to the week. Been struggling to get back into the swing of things since I've returned from vacay almost 2 weeks ago. A wave of depression struck me last week, and I don't know why. It's really starting to effect my workouts. I was doing so good prior to coming back too. Last week I only worked out twice. *slaps wrist* It didn't help that this past weekend was filled with delicious but unhealthy food! The reason? Summer BBQ's. And I was in the city last weekend, so why not eat real NYC pizza, and hot dogs, and bagels and dessert since I'm never in the city! I ended up walking for a few hours while eating inbetween but felt guilty as hell the next morning. Committed carbicide for 3 days! Ugh. If you've reached this far, thanks for reading. It feels a little better to write all of this down.

Front Squat w/bb 3x12
Box Squat 3x12 @ 70 lbs
Squats 3x12 @ 60 lbs
Bench 3x12 @ 39 lbs
BBR 3x12 @ 50 lbs

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
30 min jog yesterday.

I haven't jogged in 3 weeks, and was dreading it since it's been so long. I thought I'd end up passed out on the side of the road along the way! I'm happy to say I ran my personal best that day! :)

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
THURS. LOG
------------

Box squats 3x12 @ 70 lbs
Squats 3x12 @ 65 lbs
DL 3x12 @70 lbs
OP 3x12 @33 lbs
BW Box Jumps 3x20
Bulgarian Lunges 3x12

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FRIDAY LOG
-----------

30 min jog

SATURDAY LOG
--------------
Front Squat w/bb 3x12
Box Squat 3x12 @ 70 lbs
Squats 3x12 @ 70 lbs
Bench 3x12 @ 40 lbs
BBR 3x12 @ 50 lbs
Dips 3x12
40 min walk

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
Hang in there.. it takes time to get into a groove.. If you can't enjoy life here and there, what fun would it be? It looks like your work outs are at least back on track? How are your eating goals going now?
Did your wave of depression go away?

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TUESDAY LOG
-------------

Box squats 3x12 @ 80 lbs
Squats 3x12 @ 70 lbs
DL 3x12 @80 lbs
OP 3x12 @33 lbs
30 min walk

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hang in there.. it takes time to get into a groove.. If you can't enjoy life here and there, what fun would it be? It looks like your work outs are at least back on track? How are your eating goals going now?
Did your wave of depression go away?
Thanks for the words of encouragement, sawa :) I guess it rears it's ugly head when things don't seem to be going as well as I want it to. We can be our own worst enemy sometimes. My maintenance cals were set at 1300-1400 cals. For the past 2 months I've been eating very low cal (1300-1400 on workout days). So last week I added ~100 cals while still working out but to be honest it didn't do much for my weight loss. If anything I've maintained my weight for the past 2 weeks, so it's back to a low cal/carb cycling diet. Thinking about experimenting with IF, that is, if I can figure out how it works.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Keep up the great work. Looks like you are doing well!

Sorry to hear about the wave of depression. I know exactly how that feel and went through something similar around the same time actually. Finally kicked it and got back out myself and feel much better. Hope you are pulling through ok. Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything! :)

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
THURS LOG
-----------

Front Squat w/bb 3x12
Box Squat 3x12 @ 80 lbs
Squats 3x12 @ 70 lbs
Bench 3x12 @ 40 lbs
BBR 3x12 @ 55 lbs
Dips 3x12
Incline db flys 3x12 @ 10 lbs each

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keep up the great work. Looks like you are doing well!

Sorry to hear about the wave of depression. I know exactly how that feel and went through something similar around the same time actually. Finally kicked it and got back out myself and feel much better. Hope you are pulling through ok. Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything! :)
Thanks lex! No matter how long it takes all we can do is pick up where we left off. Glad you are doing much better also and good to see you around these parts again! Thanks for checking up on me!

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
Those calories seem a tad on the low side to me. Also I've come to realize carbs aren't the devil like alot of people make them out to be.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Those calories seem a tad on the low side to me. Also I've come to realize carbs aren't the devil like alot of people make them out to be.
Hey rsnake! Where have ya been hiding?!

I love carbs. A bit too much perhaps. I'm trying to stick with fruits, sweet potatoes, and low carb bread to keep me satiated. Those calories are low, but that along with exercise has helped me to continually lose weight. Last week I experimented by adding ~100-150 calories but that did nothing to shed any weight. Like I said, I just maintained it. Maybe I should have kept it up for a bit longer? I'm not so sure.

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
I was in a deficit like 500 or so below maintenance and since I've started eating at or a lil above I've seen the most improvement. Now though I workout fasted then eat like a champ the rest of the day lol.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was in a deficit like 500 or so below maintenance and since I've started eating at or a lil above I've seen the most improvement. Now though I workout fasted then eat like a champ the rest of the day lol.
Are you cutting or bulking? My last meal is most definitely my BIGGEST, most awesome meal of the day as well!
I've tried fasted training vs. pre-wo snack and I feel like major poo when fasted. No energy to power through my workout at all. I'm looking into BCAA now because supposedly it helps!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Anytime girl! We all need motivation and support from time to time. Keep up the great work! :)

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FRIDAY LOG
-----------

30 min jog

Felt soreness in the back of my heel and my side hip as I was jogging. Wanted to push faster but the more I pushed the more I could feel it, so I was a bit slow today. Been working on my form, so I think the shoes are the culprit!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey lud! Welcome to AM and thanks for following :)
PW: 166.5-167
CW: 165.6

Down ~1lb which isn't too bad considering I worked out during the week, but took the weekend off. Got around to buying yoga capri pants for jogging. Up until now I've worn either sweats or basketball shorts and the fabric gets bunched up at the crotch area so I'm always having to fix it as I jog! These new pants are very comfortable and slips on like a glove. Gonna try them out this week :)

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
I always get excited and motivated when I get new stuff for working out lol.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always get excited and motivated when I get new stuff for working out lol.
LOL Me too! I'm not one to splurge on clothes either. I'm gonna be smelly and sweaty in them anyway. I got these and a puma tee for a total of $24 at Marshalls. Woot! Haha

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Great progress so far. And yay for new workout clothes, that's always a great feeling! :)

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MONDAY LOG
------------

Box squats 3x12 @ 90 lbs
Squats 3x12 @ 70 lbs
DL 3x12 @80 lbs
OP 3x12 @33 lbs
BW Box Jumps 3x20
Bulgarian Lunges 3x12

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TUES LOG
---------

30 min jog

I think I'm getting sick! *in tom haverford's voice* noooooooo.....Woke up with a sore/closed throat. Been munching on cough drops all day, and it looks like I'll be upping my vit c dosage. Running wasn't fun due to built up mucus ewwww. The new yoga pants were comfy, but kept slipping right to the a-crack and just settled there as I ran haha. That was the least of my concerns.. I was hauling ass to beat the rain, and I beat it! Feels good, man. :wink1:

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
THURS LOG
----------

Front Squat w/bb 3x12
Box Squat 3x12 @ 75 lbs
Squats 3x12 @ 60 lbs
Bench 3x12 @ 35 lbs
BBR 3x12 @ 45 lbs
Dips 3x12
Incline DB Flys 3x12 @ 12 lbs
Incline wall pushups 3x10
RKC Plank 3x30 sec

Deloaded about 15% on my lifts today. Been sick with some nasty cold/cough that's kept me awake for 2 nights now. Blahhh. Bought some OTC meds for it; fingers crossed that it helps. Just glad I got through my workout today! Phew.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MONDAY LOG
------------

Box squats 3x12 @ 75 lbs
Squats 3x12 @ 60 lbs
DL 3x12 @70 lbs
OP 3x12 @33 lbs
Bulgarian Lunges 3x12
30 min jog

After battling a cold for the past week, I just felt drained. Haven't done much lifting or cardio for 3 or 4 days. But today is a new day. I deloaded again on some of my lifts today. Got in a decent workout too! Jogging was okay other than the fact that my left arm socket started to feel sore about 3/4 of the way in. Actually had to stop and stretch it as it was affecting my jog. But I finished it and I am totally wiped out now. lol

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MON LOG
---------

Front Squat w/bb 3x12
Box Squat 3x12 @ 80 lbs
Squats 3x12 @ 70 lbs
Bench 3x12 @ 40 lbs
BBR 3x12 @ 45 lbs
Dips 3x15
Incline db flys 3x12 @ 12 lbs each
RKC Planks 3x30

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Looking good! :) Hope you're feeling better.

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
Shoes can be your worst enemy. I get fitted at a running specialty store.. haven't had problems since...

Keep on it.. things can get frustrating.. but you can do it..
Remember to take time off here and there.. flucuate your calories.
How are things looking with your diet? have you found a sweet spot yet for that?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'll follow.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FRI LOG
--------

Box squats 3x12 @ 80 lbs
Squats 3x12 @ 70 lbs
DL 3x12 @80 lbs
OP 3x12 @33 lbs
BW Box Jumps 3x20
30 min jog

Got side stitches while jogging! It suuuucked! Didn't have any music to listen to either! It was quite warm out and I had more trouble breathing since I decided to go midday when it's warmest. Otherwise it was a good workout, and I'm starving now. :silly:

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Shoes can be your worst enemy. I get fitted at a running specialty store.. haven't had problems since...

Keep on it.. things can get frustrating.. but you can do it..
Remember to take time off here and there.. flucuate your calories.
How are things looking with your diet? have you found a sweet spot yet for that?
Thanks for the advice! I'm thinking about going to a shoe fitting store. Diet is pretty good. I'm eating clean except 1 day a week. Actually my last cheat meal was like 2.5 weeks ago! Haven't found that sweet spot yet; I'm just adding a few more calories this week because I think my body has been on too low of a cal-deficit and I've stalled on the weight loss these last few weeks. Thank u for the words of encouragement! :)

How goes things? No update in a while.
Things are good! How are you? :) I try to update my workouts everyday or at least every other day. And if I can get my camera to work (lens is stuck on error!) I'll post progress pics in about 2 weeks or so! Stay tuned!

I'll follow.
Awesome! Thanks for joining, Aaron! :)

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
You look leaner in your avi. Looks like you killing it. Keep up the good work.

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
I don't eat the same thing every day so my calories are usually in a range.. don't be afraid to go just a smidge higher or lower ina day depending on what your diet is.. you can do it.. can't wait to hear how it goes with getting fitted for shoes!

Thanks for the advice! I'm thinking about going to a shoe fitting store. Diet is pretty good. I'm eating clean except 1 day a week. Actually my last cheat meal was like 2.5 weeks ago! Haven't found that sweet spot yet; I'm just adding a few more calories this week because I think my body has been on too low of a cal-deficit and I've stalled on the weight loss these last few weeks. Thank u for the words of encouragement! :)

Things are good! How are you? :) I try to update my workouts everyday or at least every other day. And if I can get my camera to work (lens is stuck on error!) I'll post progress pics in about 2 weeks or so! Stay tuned!

Awesome! Thanks for joining, Aaron! :)

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SAT LOG
---------

HIIT

5min warm up jog
100 yard sprints/1.5 minute jog for 20 minutes
1x5 50 yard hill sprints
5 min cool down jog
RKC Plank 3x30 sec

Was contemplating on going for an afternoon jog, but by calves are crazy sore right now! :eek:uch:

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
SAT LOG
---------

HIIT

5min warm up jog
100 yard sprints/1.5 minute jog for 20 minutes
1x5 50 yard hill sprints
5 min cool down jog
RKC Plank 3x30 sec

Was contemplating on going for an afternoon jog, but by calves are crazy sore right now! :eek:uch:
Good job on that jog Kix!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PW: 165.6
CW: 163

Thanks Aaron and mk~ Down ~2.5 lbs this week. I keep fluctuating between 162-163 over the past week. GRRR... I just want to get down to 160! I'm down ~18 lbs since I started late January. 2 more lbs and I'll have hit -20lbs! Crazyness! It's been slow going, so just got to be patient and keep at it! Went for a 2.5 mi. jog this morning and had no fuel whatsoever. Ended up jogging mostly on the grass next to the sidewalk since it was better on my joints.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cycle Logs 16
brandlife Cycle Logs 28
Smont Anabolics 7
NattyDaddy420 Cycle Logs 94
Anabolics 25