Please help! Should I cut or bulk up?

labouhassan

Awards
Hi AM. I have been cutting (not strict) for a couple months now and got down from 185lb to 168lb. And it kinda got harder after that and now I am questioning if I should keep cutting or bulk up for 5 months then do a cut. Take a look at the picture below and give me some input please! My ultimate goal is the abs.

Attachments

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
are you counting your calories?

you need to be taking in at least 1.5 grams protein as a rule of thumb while "cutting" hard

if ultimate goal is abs then your goal needs to reduce your bodyfat and youve got quite a bit of that to get off. I recommend Chris Acetos book championship bodybuilding, you need some knowledge to apply and if your asking this kinds of questions you clearly have a lot to learn. Goodluck and Godbless

maybe hire someone who knows what they are doing that can teach you and help you get your goals if you dont want to spend the time learning because it really does take years upon years or trying new things and seeing how they work for you. If it was easy everyone would look great

labouhassan

Awards
I have been counting calories and I know about the diet. Got a good plan together but I took a couple weeks off for the wedding. I'm just concerned that I might not have the muscle under the fat to show anything. That why I'm in the predicament I'm in.

ludbg

ludbg

Awards
i would cut to 150ish and then do a clean bulk starting at the end of summer

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
I'd cut.

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
I faced the same problem as you a year or 2 back and decided to bulk after i had been cutting for so long and still had not seen abs. I would suggest you cut because if abs is what you want the longer you bulk or keep the extra fat on the more discouraged your going to be. After i stopped bulking and got serious to the point of ab definition i was alot happier with how i looked

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
The reaon many give up on a long time cut, its because its their first one , and the need for strength (and better meal choices for some) waives them from the goal...Quit winning and cut , look into Lean Gains or Lyle McDonald Ultimate Diet 2.0 , w.e works for you , but learn , apply, compare results and keep going. I was a fat lard of 180lbs 25%+ bf and cut down to 7% in 7 months to 126lbs , without PH/DS or any of the risky paths , no clen and no t3 either...so if I can do it , why can't you? IMO nobody should bulk up unless they have already cut out for the first time...but thats just me...I COULD be wrong, but patience and perseverance are what build you stronger in the mind, how can you become stronger (physically) if you cant even stick to a goal, tough it out , pull through and meet it?. You can do it , if you need advice we're here for that, and seriously, just CUT...

PS: It is possible and quite easy to get the abs...once you know the right stuff...like I said , just do some more research and ask if you get stuck somewhere. Nothing better than waking up to pretty ABs in the mirror and a hot chick naked on your bed dude lol.

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
The reaon many give up on a long time cut, its because its their first one , and the need for strength (and better meal choices for some) waives them from the goal...Quit winning and cut , look into Lean Gains or Lyle McDonald Ultimate Diet 2.0 , w.e works for you , but learn , apply, compare results and keep going. I was a fat lard of 180lbs 25%+ bf and cut down to 7% in 7 months to 126lbs , without PH/DS or any of the risky paths , no clen and no t3 either...so if I can do it , why can't you? IMO nobody should bulk up unless they have already cut out for the first time...but thats just me...I COULD be wrong, but patience and perseverance are what build you stronger in the mind, how can you become stronger (physically) if you cant even stick to a goal, tough it out , pull through and meet it?. You can do it , if you need advice we're here for that, and seriously, just CUT...

PS: It is possible and quite easy to get the abs...once you know the right stuff...like I said , just do some more research and ask if you get stuck somewhere. Nothing better than waking up to pretty ABs in the mirror and a hot chick naked on your bed dude lol.
128 lbs?! I never would have cut down if i was that lean. A strong gust of wind would carry u away lol good on u though

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I cut down to 128 , I used to be 180 lol

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Well congrats on 7% but i would have never cut down to 128lbs
Thanks :) , you are not 5'5" either , by my size there's nothing wrong :p , its like if you were to cut down to something along 155-160 ^^ , but yeah I am bulking up , trying to reach a nice 145 with 8-9% bf ^^ gonna take a year or 2 but i'll get there hehe

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Thanks :) , you are not 5'5" either , by my size there's nothing wrong :p , its like if you were to cut down to something along 155-160 ^^ , but yeah I am bulking up , trying to reach a nice 145 with 8-9% bf ^^ gonna take a year or 2 but i'll get there hehe
Im 5'9" 185 around 12% lookin for a nice 170 by the end of summer

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Im 5'9" 185 around 12% lookin for a nice 170 by the end of summer
Go get it buddy! The road to shedding is easy :p , if you are dedicated and consistent you can do it!! It's all the same haha cardio+diet :p , for me the hard part is bulking up ^_^!! Lean-wise i do mean haha , I used to be quite fat myself :p but thats easy weight!!

smiththrs

Awards
I would cut man, get your diet in no BS check, cut all refined sugar, diet cokes, enriched white flour based foods, that is what I did, but everyone is different. Good luck with your cut devil. Knife hands