Going for Shredded!!!

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  189 lbs.
    Answers

Going for Shredded!!!

OK guys, here is the deal. I have been cutting since November, with a few weeks "off" in December... (oh vacation...) I have now just reached single-digits on bodyfat, 9.95% hehe. Ok i know the calipers aren't that accurate, so I am somewhere 10-12%. I have decided rather than try to bulk again, to try for 6% bf.

I have never been that lean before, and word on the street is that the first time you try to get really lean is the hardest. I intend to find out! For those of you that have done it, is it significantly harder to do 10%-6% than say 15%-10% ?? Will I need to change my training much?

Now I HATE cardio. ya i do it some, but not nearly as much as I should. I have had great results cutting with great diet and weight training only, do you think I will be able to get to 6% without adding more cardio??

Current stats: measured on 4/4/12

height : 5'7"
    weight: 184

caliper measurement:
    chest : 6 mm
    abdominal : 16 mm
    thigh : 9 mm
    tricep : 10 mm
    subscapular : 12 mm
    suprailic : 7 mm
    midaxillary : 14 mm

translates to:
    fat LB : 18.32
    bodyfat %: 9.95
    lean LB: 165.7

by the way, I HATE midaxillary fat.... that **** in your armpit that squishes like someone stepping on an ice cream sandwich when your arm hangs by your side. hate hate hate!!! If i could take that crap and move it all right onto my abs, or onto my arms and lose all my vascularity, i still would!! it must die!!!!!!!

so you ripped guys out there, I know the basics, I have lost a lot of fat while maintaining my LBM, I am just a little concerned about the last 8-10 lbs of fat and what it will take to get rid of it

thanks!

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zoidberg
    OK guys, here is the deal. I have been cutting since November, with a few weeks "off" in December... (oh vacation...) I have now just reached single-digits on bodyfat, 9.95% hehe. Ok i know the calipers aren't that accurate, so I am somewhere 10-12%. I have decided rather than try to bulk again, to try for 6% bf.

I have never been that lean before, and word on the street is that the first time you try to get really lean is the hardest. I intend to find out! For those of you that have done it, is it significantly harder to do 10%-6% than say 15%-10% ?? Will I need to change my training much?

Now I HATE cardio. ya i do it some, but not nearly as much as I should. I have had great results cutting with great diet and weight training only, do you think I will be able to get to 6% without adding more cardio??

Current stats: measured on 4/4/12

height : 5'7"
    weight: 184

caliper measurement:
    chest : 6 mm
    abdominal : 16 mm
    thigh : 9 mm
    tricep : 10 mm
    subscapular : 12 mm
    suprailic : 7 mm
    midaxillary : 14 mm

translates to:
    fat LB : 18.32
    bodyfat %: 9.95
    lean LB: 165.7

by the way, I HATE midaxillary fat.... that **** in your armpit that squishes like someone stepping on an ice cream sandwich when your arm hangs by your side. hate hate hate!!! If i could take that crap and move it all right onto my abs, or onto my arms and lose all my vascularity, i still would!! it must die!!!!!!!

so you ripped guys out there, I know the basics, I have lost a lot of fat while maintaining my LBM, I am just a little concerned about the last 8-10 lbs of fat and what it will take to get rid of it

thanks!
    It waaaaaay harder to go from 10-6 than 15-10 IF you're trying to hold onto as much mass as possible.

You hate cardio? Then kiss 6% goodbye and start bulking, this is what separates beach shape (~9-10%) from stage shredded (4~6%) BIG difference.

You're going to have to be a bit more forth coming with what you've been doing diet wise. Myself, and other will be happy to help "clean" things up to help you out.

Carb cycling may be you're best bet (what works best for me when you're that lean) but after you post your routine, people can help ya out. Good luck!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Pics?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  189 lbs.
    Answers

Thank you so much for your response and advice Distilled, I really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    It waaaaaay harder to go from 10-6 than 15-10 IF you're trying to hold onto as much mass as possible.
    hmm ya I figured that, thanks for confirming. I am indeed trying to hold onto as much mass as possible, and have definitely already noticed my rate of fat loss dropping at an alarming rate!!

You hate cardio? Then kiss 6% goodbye and start bulking, this is what separates beach shape (~9-10%) from stage shredded (4~6%) BIG difference.
    I was afraid this would be the answer! When I do cardio, I prefer HIIT (goes by faster, etc..). So let's say I lift on a 5 day split mon-fri. I am willing to scrap any cardio I do now to start a new plan. Could you offer some help as to the what / when I should be doing for cardio?? I will post a few days from my diet and training log so you can get an idea of my current state

You're going to have to be a bit more forth coming with what you've been doing diet wise. Myself, and other will be happy to help "clean" things up to help you out.

Carb cycling may be you're best bet (what works best for me when you're that lean) but after you post your routine, people can help ya out. Good luck!
    Duly noted. I have tried to eat low carb during the week, and then higher carb on Saturdays. I guess this has been a bit of a half-a** carb cycling diet... will post some sample days from diet log for review!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  189 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lastchance View Post
    Pics?
    Sure, just let me get my post count over 50 so I can put some up Gettin close, currently at 42!

And by the way lastchance, your arm, its bigger than your head... makes me not want to put up pictures!!!! haha. seriously though, nice job man
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks I'm new to this site. I just use the app for my phone during my free time at work. I didn't know about the 50 posts thing for pics or I wouldn't have said anything. Sounds like they need something like that for the anabolic section
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Learn to,like cardio lol
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Getting Shredded
    By slackadjuster in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-18-2010, 06:08 PM
  2. Getting shredded
    By Xpballer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 38