The best way to get shredded for summer and keep your lean muscle!?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by TryHard23 View Post
    I tried doing this for a while and failed... my ability to train and do cardio as well as work and go to school is just....not possible without my carbs... I felt like a zombie and everything started slipping pretty quickly... I brought my carbs back up to 150-200 and I'm feeling better again. Not great, not as good as I would feel with 3-400 grams ~3000 cals a day but... better. Maybe this summer when I don't have as much going on.... doesn't anyone else just feel like **** when carb depleted? I'm on enough stims as it is too, so I don't want to use that to combat the dullness. Haha.
    What did you drop it down to? For me personally, i consider low carb being <130 (DRE recommends 130g carbs minimum for avg person)
    Mind you, thats counting all carbs (secondary carbs) minus fibrous veggies.
    And yeah, Im on day 3 of 0 carb for carb depletion phase and lets just say im relying on a lot of stims to walk, let alone hit the gym.

2. Quote Originally Posted by TryHard23
    I tried doing this for a while and failed... my ability to train and do cardio as well as work and go to school is just....not possible without my carbs... I felt like a zombie and everything started slipping pretty quickly... I brought my carbs back up to 150-200 and I'm feeling better again. Not great, not as good as I would feel with 3-400 grams ~3000 cals a day but... better. Maybe this summer when I don't have as much going on.... doesn't anyone else just feel like **** when carb depleted? I'm on enough stims as it is too, so I don't want to use that to combat the dullness. Haha.
    You have to have good self control and learn find alternate energy sources. I cut complex carbs first still allowing a few small candies or a piece of fruit when I started my carb cut. Consume it when you get that lethargy, sugar burns fast and really gets you through those times...
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift

You have to have good self control and learn find alternate energy sources. I cut complex carbs first still allowing a few small candies or a piece of fruit when I started my carb cut. Consume it when you get that lethargy, sugar burns fast and really gets you through those times...
    Yeah trying to do a research paper on logical fallacies at the end of the day after the gym with only 80 carbs was just...not possible. I gotta have them lol

4. For me it was only hard the first week or two, after that I feel like my body got adjusted, I go hard on carbs for my refeed, then go low for 5-6 days and just take N2burn Jack3d and Yok3d before I lift or just N2burn before cardio. These help me go hard but I feel like I could workout fine without stims. Im running sprints HIIT and everything full out on low carbs and feel fine haha.
    “Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.” -R.I.P Zyzz-

5. Quote Originally Posted by masonmarin18
    For me it was only hard the first week or two, after that I feel like my body got adjusted, I go hard on carbs for my refeed, then go low for 5-6 days and just take N2burn Jack3d and Yok3d before I lift or just N2burn before cardio. These help me go hard but I feel like I could workout fine without stims. Im running sprints HIIT and everything full out on low carbs and feel fine haha.
    Same here first week was hell, now I feel like sh1t if I carb up too much!
    PEScience Representative
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Same here first week was hell, now I feel like sh1t if I carb up too much!

Haha yeah, I enjoy my carbs but I have heard of people bloating up and feeling like sh1t after they eat to much.

7. Quote Originally Posted by TryHard23
    Yeah man if I go carb depleted for too long I feel F ing terrible but that just means that a carb refeed is in order

8. Question: My school schedule really sucks, so MWF working out in the morning isn't feasible for me.

Could I run in the AM T/Th/S/Sun and still use the same refeed days?

9. Quote Originally Posted by TheMaharaja
    Question: My school schedule really sucks, so MWF working out in the morning isn't feasible for me.

Could I run in the AM T/Th/S/Sun and still use the same refeed days?
    I would refeed in your off days. The reason is during that time you ate restoring glycogen levels in your muscles. Other reason is when you carb deplete on training days your body burns the fat for fuel.

You can go it anyway you want just follow day 1-5 deplete days 6-7 refeed
    The advice I give is just that... Advice, purely my opinion. Not medical advice

10. Yeah I am basically training 5 on 2 off right now, mon-fri on refeed on sat - sun while I rest.

11. Quote Originally Posted by DangerDave View Post
    I would refeed in your off days. The reason is during that time you ate restoring glycogen levels in your muscles. Other reason is when you carb deplete on training days your body burns the fat for fuel.

You can go it anyway you want just follow day 1-5 deplete days 6-7 refeed
    Using this logic.... if trying to burn fat, you should run after lifting?? but if trying to make gains, you should run.....never? Haha.

12. How many daily carbs would you recommend for 14-15% fat at 195 on a cut?

13. Quote Originally Posted by TryHard23

Using this logic.... if trying to burn fat, you should run after lifting?? but if trying to make gains, you should run.....never? Haha.
    You should read the article before you comment. Your inability to understand what I said and make a educated statement leads me to believe you are new to working out or incapable of understanding carb depletion. I said nothing like that.

14. Quote Originally Posted by ONtop888
    How many daily carbs would you recommend for 14-15% fat at 195 on a cut?
    I'm going into a cut and am at 80g in my deplete days working down 10-20g a week till I hit 50 for depletion. I refeed at 300-350g

15. Thanks Dave. When you refeed do you limit carb intake to 80g?

16. Quote Originally Posted by ONtop888
    Thanks Dave. When you refeed do you limit carb intake to 80g?
    No that's 80g or lower on my deplete days. When I refeed on sat and sun its around 300-350g of carbs. Those are also my rest days. Remember those carbs have to be healthy and I consume them in the evening typically. Its usually brown rice, sweet potatoes, whole grain pasta, rye bread or whole grain hamburger buns because I usually have hamburgers for my cheat meals Haha.

For your cut you could prolly go around 250-300g depending how you react. Its something you have to play with because no two people are the same. I go high but that's because my body reacts well and I have a relatively fast metabolism.

17. Yeah everyone is different and you just kind of have to play around with how many carbs you take. My first day of depleting I take <50 grams carbs then the next 4 days im around 80. Refeed is between 250-350 for me. Just play around with it a bit and you will find out what is best for you.

18. Good post!

19. Anyone getting shredded in here?!

20. Daily!
    PEScience Representative

21. Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Daily!

Haha glad to hear! What's your goal?

22. Quote Originally Posted by masonmarin18

Haha glad to hear! What's your goal?
    Add 10 lbs while lowering bf.
    PEScience Representative

23. Sub to read later.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

24. I have lost about 2% bf so far. After the first week or 2 it starts falling off.

25. In three weeks I went from 13.5% to 8.9%. I have three more weeks to go and I plan on getting as shredded as possible!

26. Quote Originally Posted by Hajiroku
    In three weeks I went from 13.5% to 8.9%. I have three more weeks to go and I plan on getting as shredded as possible!
    How are you doing it?

27. Quote Originally Posted by Erick725

How are you doing it?
    I'd like to know too...

28. Yeah wtf man hahah, I am following this **** strict I believe I am around 10% **** is slowing down ALOT.

29. this was a very good thread for me! lots of great info!
    thanks

30. Quote Originally Posted by DangerDave View Post
    You should read the article before you comment. Your inability to understand what I said and make a educated statement leads me to believe you are new to working out or incapable of understanding carb depletion. I said nothing like that.
    You, kind, or not so kind sir, lead me to believe you are new to sarcasm. You sound quite pretentious, trying to make me look stupid. At least use the correct article when saying I'm unable to make an <------ educated statement. But hey, at least you can lift heavy things.........
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. USP labs and PES helps LTL get shredded for summer!
    By LiveToLift in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 286
    Last Post: 07-27-2012, 03:54 PM
  2. Shredded Summer Stack -- ON SALE!
    By Hank Vangut in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 05:27 AM
  3. Very dry, shredded, lean gains
    By regalgto in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-13-2010, 04:29 AM
  4. Replies: 4