would like some numbers please

1. Registered User
    Answers

would like some numbers please

hey guys, so i have cut a few pounds before but nothing serious. i have been trying to cut for a little while now but have stalled. i was wondering how many calories do you think i should take in. i am 5 foot 6, 21 yrs old, 178lbs, prob. 18% bf if i had to guess. also lets say i do no cardio while cutting (i do but im looking for a base number of cals before i apply that). I work out aprox. 4-5 days a week and am a college student so not overly active throughout the day. i have used a calculator before but would like to know what some people around my size are doing. Thanks ahead of time.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Dude I'm 5'5" and 163lbs and 8% bodyfat right now. That is a legit 8% from a bodpod. I carb cycle 150, 200, 250. I try to keep fats as low as possible but they always sneak in a little here and there so i don't monitor them too strictly. I make sure I get in at least 200g protein a day, and I have one nasty MFin cheat meal on the weekends. I also throw in a little intermittent fasting protocol and do 2-3 20 min preworkout cardio sessions per week and lift hard 4-5 times per week. I was up as high as 186 but not near as lean. I plan to be about 4% by June. Hope that helps.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Answers

My guess would be 2300kcal and below, but your best bet would be to utilize a couple BMR calculators and devise an average if they give you different numbers. Keep your fats and protein numbers up, and replace your more dense carbs from your later-in-the-day meals with fibrous vegetables if you still aren't losing enough weekly.

Here's one to start with, mind the spaces, I can't post links yet.:
    http :/ /www .freedieting. com /tools/ calorie_calculator .htm
    Last edited by w4rf4r3; 04-05-2012 at 05:50 AM. Reason: adding info
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  189 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by quakebks View Post
    i am 5 foot 6, 21 yrs old, 178lbs, prob. 18% bf if i had to guess. also lets say i do no cardio while cutting (i do but im looking for a base number of cals before i apply that). I work out aprox. 4-5 days a week and am a college student so not overly active throughout the day. i have used a calculator before but would like to know what some people around my size are doing. Thanks ahead of time.
    I don't know what calculator you have used, but I would:

1. Get a bodyfat caliper for a few bucks. It is an essential tool for a cut, as it allows you to really characterize your weight loss as %muscle and %fat

2. Use the Katch-McArdle formula (BMR based on lean body weight) for caloric needs. Using the numbers you provided, and your guess for bf%

BMR: ~1800 calories

To know your calories burned in a day without working out, i would use an activity factor of 1.2
    so...

TDEE: ~ 2150 calories

As for me, I am 5'7", 24 y/o, 184 lbs, 10% bf. My TDEE is around 2400 calories without workouts. I tend to cut with 1900-2000 calories / day, and have managed to drop a lot of fat while keeping LBM +/- 2lbs

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help with numbers
    By pobo90 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2011, 10:41 AM
  2. Batch numbers....anyone?
    By Rommel65 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 06:27 AM
  3. bp numbers, do these look ok?
    By Delta Force in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5