help with losing body fat

  1. help with losing body fat


    Ok I'm 6'0, 212lbs, and 20% bf....I have quite a bit of muscle but now I'm looking to shed fat and cut...so the goal us to lose unwanted weight and bf without losing muscle...was wondering if anyone had some diet and training tips? Also here's a pic that was taken yesterday, any help/advice is greatly appreciated thank you

    Name:  ForumRunner_20120322_110308.png
Views: 688
Size:  353.4 KB

  2. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    well, you don't look like 20%, at least a few points lower, but it is hard to tell from cellphone pics. To not lose muscle you mostly have to take fat loss slowly. If you've been doing cardio, then keep doing it and slowly lower calories. If you haven't been doing cardio then start, and keep calories close to where they are at maintenance.

    Specifics are way harder as I could lay out easily 15-20 different dietary strategies that each has a benefit, and each has someone who will argue that its crap. Almost the same with training. Really working it in to your schedule and what you like is best .

    you can't go wrong (other than boredom maybe) eating these foods
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/conte...ds-every-1172/
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  3. Yes I hate the boring bland foods...lol I'm thinking of gettin on some clen while eating right and regular workouts, do u think ill see drastic results?
    •   
       

  4. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    well, the problem with clen is that the "anticatabolic" part is all bs. Really any time you shoot for super fast loss, you'll lose more muscle. But yeah, if you get real clen and aren't bothered by its sides you can easily lose 2-3lbs a week without changing diet much
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Bmize89
    Yes I hate the boring bland foods...lol I'm thinking of gettin on some clen while eating right and regular workouts, do u think ill see drastic results?
    Only as drastic as u wanna make them. Experience with Clen before? It is Potent!
    Start light and work up. Get keitofen also to stop down regulation of Clen on B-receptors

    Could use ECY (yohimbine being alpha aka alphaburn

    Or just use alpha T2. Modulate and control Cortisol and estrogen with erase pro, add in DAA or endosurge and that would do it nicely and all natural
    ...:::Olympus Labs Rep:::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  6. No but I am going too start next week, and lean up for a anavar and deca cycle

  7. how are you getting this percentage??? from looking at the picture i find it hard to believe your really at 20%....

  8. Sounds like you'd see the results you want with LeanGains.

  9. I'm getting the bf% from this scale I bought today...yea I thought that was a little high as well, it was quite defeating

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Bmize89 View Post
    I'm getting the bf% from this scale I bought today...yea I thought that was a little high as well, it was quite defeating
    Don't worry about that, man. Those scales are notoriously inaccurate. In the past I've consistently gotten +20% readings despite actually being below 10%.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND
    Don't worry about that, man. Those scales are notoriously inaccurate. In the past I've consistently gotten +20% readings despite actually being below 10%.
    Caliper test with a trainer at the gym or the hand held electronic scale (less accurate) are better than the stand-on scales. Hand held at the gym showed me at 23.5% (way fatter than you and I'm 6'0" btw) and calipers said 25%... Whereas the stand-on joint at my house says 35.1% in the morning and 33.6% in the afternoon.

    I'm trying to get to your size, so once you get an accurate BF reading, let me know homie!

  12. Hmmm ok well good to kno, however I still need to lose some bf
  13. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    yeah, my guess would be in the 14-16 range, possibly even lower. the step on scales are way off, calipers are the closest easy method. There are water baths + the bodpod that are pretty accurate, the only thing totally accurate is the dexxa scan.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  14. Yea that's wat I was thinking was 14-16%, is like to be around 10%

  15. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL
    well, you don't look like 20%, at least a few points lower, but it is hard to tell from cellphone pics. To not lose muscle you mostly have to take fat loss slowly. If you've been doing cardio, then keep doing it and slowly lower calories. If you haven't been doing cardio then start, and keep calories close to where they are at maintenance.

    Specifics are way harder as I could lay out easily 15-20 different dietary strategies that each has a benefit, and each has someone who will argue that its crap. Almost the same with training. Really working it in to your schedule and what you like is best .

    you can't go wrong (other than boredom maybe) eating these foods
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/conte...ds-every-1172/
    I like these tips.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  16. LeanGains diet. I've been doing it for the past month. Lost 2lbs of fat mass and gained 4lbs of lean muscle mass simultaneously... decrease of .9% bodyfat in this time period. I would recommend checking it out, someone linked it for you above!

  17. You were also taking erase tho weren't you? So it'd be wrong to assume those results were solely based off 1 month of the leangains diet. Don't get me wrong I am not trying to argue it doesn't work. Just saying erase probably assisted in those gains. Ya know?
    Training log:

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html

  18. I would also say 14-15% judging from pic. Looking solid ... keep it up!

  19. Erase likely assisted. That is absolutely correct. But think about it...Erase only supplemented the diet and training, because its a supplement, of course.

    Not trying to sound disrespectful, im sure you know what im trying to point out, or at least I hope. The diet and training are ultimately more responsible for progress than anything else.

    With that being said, I was taking Erase and would recommend taking Erase during a cutting cycle. Help yourself out!

  20. Yah I know that it wasnt all because of erase. didn't mean for it to sound that way. But like you said, I was just trying to point out it likely had some effect on your gains. That's all. But the lean gains approach has shown to work and I'm going to start it in a month or two when school gets out. So by no means was I trying to say it was all because of the supplement.
    Training log:

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html

  21. I understand, bro. No hard feelings here!

    Good luck on the leangains! Hope it works as well for you as it is me!
    Romans 8:38-39

    Save sorrow for the souls in doubt
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. losing body fat
    By correaconda in forum Pro Bodybuilding
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2011, 10:43 AM
  2. Losing body fat?
    By matheu in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2011, 07:09 AM
  3. Need help losing body fat
    By jonah11692 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 01:10 PM
  4. Help losing body fat
    By austink3417 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-28-2008, 03:57 PM
  5. Losing body Fat
    By chdn20 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 06:56 PM
Log in
Log in