Creative hamstring motions??

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

Creative hamstring motions??

So I go to NYSC and have the passport for every location but it seems like all they have is a lying leg curl and a poorly designed seated. If they have that much at all. I feel like I'm lacking in my hamstring training. I'm looking for creative ways to target this muscle group in two ways:

1) Very high rep sets/supersets. Like 2x50 or super set 25->25 reps 5x
    2) Moderate weight strength motions.

I need ideas!!!
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

2. Registered User
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Do that machine but try it single leg. It will raise the difficulty. You gotta use what you got
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

I have made something like that. 10reps one leg, 10 reps the other, 20 reps together. It's a good variation. I gotta find the article but theres a way to do front smythe squats feet waaaay forward that concentrates on hammies. Never quite figured it out.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

lying leg curls are one of the best hamstring machines IMO, do hamstring curls first in your routine.. 3-4 sets pyramiding up in weight.. At the fourth set, cut the weight by a few plates, and do 25 partial reps out of the bottom of the leg curl. (about 1 inch ROM MAX).. theyll BURN right up.
    also, ive found that for bodybuilding purposes, strt leg deadlifts with either BB or DBs work well to bring out that hamstring, especially from the side shots.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

Partial reps for that twitch motion right? Thats how you get striated which is something I lack, I got the size. I've been experimenting with deadlifts different hand/feet positions and rep ranges. I have uneven legs and moreso now that ever I noticed some stress on lower back because of it so I'm trying to find that happy medium. My right is longer than my left by maybe 1/16".
    Franz Kafka
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

um i dont really understand the science behind it i can just say by the way my hammies feel, and how they look, after pyramiding up in wt then doing a pretty heavy set (something id do for 10 reps) for 20-25 partials out of that stretched position works wonders for hypertrophy.. like i said i finish with the sldls, but that is mainly because i like to squat immediately after the lying curls, it feels nice with blood in the hammies. controlled descents on squats (3-4 sec) x a set of 8-10 = time under tension = another nice hypertrophy idea (not necessarily hammies just overall leg development)

edit:: im sure everyones legs are slightly imbalanced, but if you find it troubles you maybe try one legged squats and one legged sldls
  7. Registered User
    Answers

barbell stiff legs
  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Good mornings
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

Im sure they are but I'm a product of a break across the growth plate of the distal femur which stunted growth and gave some nice scar tissue in my knee when I was 17. Apparently it was supposed to hurt like all hell but I walked to ski patrol... young and stupid.

I forgot about good mornings. I have to reteach myself how to do it.
    Franz Kafka
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Try some high rep single leg hip thrusts. Destroys the glute/ham tie in!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

Anyone ever try any of these? I highly doubt I can use them from growth but maybe? They look rather complicated
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/conte...es-you-ve-894/

I think if I modify my squats/front squats on a smythe I could target them better. This article gave me some ideas, the magazine had pictures Sorry
    http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/index...rticle&pID=812
    Franz Kafka
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Those are the hip thrusts I was refering to and I also do the single leg RDLs but with DBs instead of a BB. Both are my first movements and then followed by lying hamstring curls.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

Ohh got it. Ill give it a shot on Sunday when I do legs. I used to split up quads and hammies, maybe I should work them together again.
    Franz Kafka
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

As it turns out theres an isolated hamstring curl machine downstairs I pass by daily and never noticed. Duuuhh.

Looks good too, body bent to a 90 and curl leg upward.
    Franz Kafka
  15. Registered User
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    As it turns out theres an isolated hamstring curl machine downstairs I pass by daily and never noticed. Duuuhh.

Looks good too, body bent to a 90 and curl leg upward.
    LOL. Happens to all of us bro. Happy Lifting
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

That is a great machine for isolating your hams!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. creative
    By shanet in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 01:52 PM
  2. creative stack
    By msucurt in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 02:25 PM
  3. Creative Zen Vision M...
    By Atlas in forum General Chat