Body Fat Loss

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32%

Body Fat Loss

I have been training for muscle gain for approximately 7 months (3-4 of which have been serious) and have made some very nice muscle gains.

However I wasnt too sensible when it came to nutrition, too many carbs at wrong times of the day etc, and have grown a bit of a belly and have gone up roughly 10% BF to around 25% (measured on the internet by taking height - 5' 11"; weight - 180lb; waist - 34in and neck - 12in)

Now after the bulk my aim is to get toned for summer and get the body fat down to 10%.

From reading other posts on various forums I'm sure many of you will be doubting this can be done by summer (June/July time) but I am confident that with the dedication I put into the bulking, I can repeat the success when it comes to cutting. And the fact that I'm still relatively new to bodybuilding I'm sure will make this easier then for some of you who have been training hard for years.

I will be running a deficit of 500kcals, limit the amount of carbs I am taking to almost none (if advised) and performing HIIT as well as my normal weight routine so I can maintain the muscle I have worked so hard for.

If anyone has any other tips that will help me along my way then please do comment as it will all be much appreciated and other people can gain info as well.

Thank you to everyone in advance

2. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I agree with almost everything you have planned.
    I wouldn't keep yourself to almost zero carbs for a very long time. Be sure to take in plenty of fat. Eat lots of the food you are allowing yourself to eat.

Pick up the cardio during this period and make sure you are getting enough sleep. I usually notice I lose much more fat when my sleeping patterns are in check. This will also reduce unnecessary eating/cravings.
    I'm Back...
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.02%

subbd good luck! im doing one myself
    •   

4. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.37%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Clickster
    I agree with almost everything you have planned.
    I wouldn't keep yourself to almost zero carbs for a very long time. Be sure to take in plenty of fat. Eat lots of the food you are allowing yourself to eat.

Pick up the cardio during this period and make sure you are getting enough sleep. I usually notice I lose much more fat when my sleeping patterns are in check. This will also reduce unnecessary eating/cravings.
    This is good advice OP!!!
    Take note

Btw: subbed to see you progress
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.58%

Hey bro,

That BF% that was measured on the Internet is most likely inaccurate, measuring based on height, weight, and waste measurement will only give a BMI which has little to no relation of your body fat so don't even consider yourself as 25%.

Ok, now let's talk about an effective plan for getting you to 10% BF. If you are planning to go super low carb you should incorporate some carb cycling. Having one medium to high carb day per week will ensure that your metabolism remains firing on all cylinders. I prefer my carb cycling day on my most strenuous day of training which happens to be my leg day.

I also like that you plan on using HIIT for fat loss. In my opinion HIIT is more optimal for fat loss then numerous sessions of cardio. Just make sure you revolve some of your carbs(complex of course) around your HIIT session because your gonna need some source of fuel.

This is just a few statements to keep you burning fat but not at the expense of hard earned muscle.

Good luck
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.82%

What i do is, start off with no grains or starches what so ever, keep only 30grams of carbs a day. Only allow very little sodium in your diet. My meals primarily consist of a lean meat like chicken. I drink 1 gallon of distilled water to flush out all the water weight too. Ive done this 2 times on 4 weeks cycles and it works great. If you need you can make a cheat day every 2 weeks it wont do anything. You can eat whatever you like on those cheat days.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.19%

I wouldn't combine HIIT with low carb dieting - i would rock with low intensity.

Are you going low carbs into ketosis?
  8. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.37%

Quote Originally Posted by Go Away
    I wouldn't combine HIIT with low carb dieting - i would rock with low intensity.

Are you going low carbs into ketosis?
    You can but, it's tricky on low carb. Let ur body adapt to low carb and a very low insulin load, then start to tinker with intensity yeah...

Easy:
    1. Sleep 7 hrs + night
    2. Take in good protein and lots of greens and olive oil and omega 3s
    3. Lift heavy as possible (look at stronglifts or SS)
    4. Start off with some low intensity for 20mins then up it when you feel food
    5. Throw in say 10x 10secs all out sprint with 50secs rest when u are more fat adapted

Rinse and repeat. Enjoy it man
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  9. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Wish I could do low carbs...
    I try to keep the majority of mine earlier in the day.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.16%

Quote Originally Posted by ScAR View Post
    Hey bro,

That BF% that was measured on the Internet is most likely inaccurate, measuring based on height, weight, and waste measurement will only give a BMI which has little to no relation of your body fat so don't even consider yourself as 25%.

Ok, now let's talk about an effective plan for getting you to 10% BF. If you are planning to go super low carb you should incorporate some carb cycling. Having one medium to high carb day per week will ensure that your metabolism remains firing on all cylinders. I prefer my carb cycling day on my most strenuous day of training which happens to be my leg day.

I also like that you plan on using HIIT for fat loss. In my opinion HIIT is more optimal for fat loss then numerous sessions of cardio. Just make sure you revolve some of your carbs(complex of course) around your HIIT session because your gonna need some source of fuel.

This is just a few statements to keep you burning fat but not at the expense of hard earned muscle.

Good luck
    no ****.. 5'11 180 and 34 waist.. 25% doesn't sound right.. at all. 25% is FAT. i'm about 5'11 and when i'm 180.. my waist is a bit smaller but i'm skinny as ****.. well below 10%...if you have been lifting hard.. i can't imagine 25% being accurate
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.82%

If you do HIIT and low carb you will mostly likely get burnt out fast. Trust me. But if you find out how to dig down and pull through it, you will burn so much fat. It will be like its melting before your eyes. Ive done it. And it in my opinion is the fastest way to get cut. But also the hardest.
  12. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.37%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1
    Wish I could do low carbs...
    I try to keep the majority of mine earlier in the day.
    Before bed man!!!
    Lean Gains style. 25-50g 3 hrs pre bed after ingesting a GDA/NP and you will sleep nicely
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.45%

Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    You can but, it's tricky on low carb. Let ur body adapt to low carb and a very low insulin load, then start to tinker with intensity yeah...

Easy:
    1. Sleep 7 hrs + night
    2. Take in good protein and lots of greens and olive oil and omega 3s
    3. Lift heavy as possible (look at stronglifts or SS)
    4. Start off with some low intensity for 20mins then up it when you feel food
    5. Throw in say 10x 10secs all out sprint with 50secs rest when u are more fat adapted

Rinse and repeat. Enjoy it man
    Not trying to hijack here but you are saying basically for cardio that 60 seconds cardio should be 50 sec normal and 10 all out for a total of 10 minutes? I dont get the 10x10 secs statement.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.3%

Hey bro from what are you taking a 500cal deficit from? I like Lean Gains myself it has gotten me over plateaus no problem. It's really a matter of the right amount of calories coupled with the right macro nutrients. Unfortunately we are all different and there are no universal numbers that apply. Myself I'm 205 5'11 and right now probably around 15% BF (I usually sit around 10% but thats another story). Any way on LG I eat around 2000 cals on build days and 1500 on burn days. My macros are 20c/55p/25f on burn days and 35c/40p/25f on build days. This is what works for me. I've been as low as 7% BF using this protocol.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.3%

Oh and plenty of time to get shredded for summer bro...using quality nutrition and training. Just have to stick with it!! I'll be starting up my cut in April.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.67%

You need to take control on eating habits and must plan a perfect schedule of daily food items. You need to cut off all the fatty foods which cause of belly fat. I suggest that as you eat more calories then increase the time and activities of work out. It help to keep body at under control. Make a habit of using fresh fruits, green arteries, nuts
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  58 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.67%

Proactol is a clinically safe and approved method of body fat loss. The reason for most of the diets for body fat loss failing to accomplish their goals is due to the fact that these diets follow a system of complete.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-29-2012, 10:34 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 11:29 PM
  3. Total body hair loss... Alopecia universalis ??
    By joshddutton in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 01:24 PM
  4. Weight loss: Treat Your Body Like A Ferrari
    By yeahright in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-19-2006, 02:51 PM
  5. wieght gain/loss, strength, body composition
    By realsoundjim in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-07-2004, 09:32 AM