Weight loss advice : anhidrosis - AnabolicMinds.com

Weight loss advice : anhidrosis

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  280 lbs.

Weight loss advice : anhidrosis

Hi,

I'm totally new to the idea of weight loss and i'm posting here to hopefully get some advice from those who've succeeded.

My stats
    21 years old
    I weigh 280lb
    6 foot 3 inches tall.

My goal
    To lose my man boobs and cut down to a weight of 238. I'll never be small, but I don't want to be fat.

I have a condition called Anhidrosis which means that I don't sweat like regular people. I sweat a tiny amount on my forehead sometimes, but i've never had sweat patches or left a workout dripping. Always bone dry. The relevance of this is that I overheat and get exhausted quickly during training so find it hard to lose weight.

I spent 20 years of my life putting the weight on, and now want it gone. I took the wrong advice when I first started training 6 months ago, and literally just did weights 3 times a week. Which means that my body fat percentage is 22% .. which is lower than you'd expect for my weight.

My supplements were all wrong and my training plan was worse.

Since reading these forums i've corrected my supplements and training. I now do 6 days a week, cardio and pad work ( for boxing / mma ) and have started to add supplements into my diet.

:: 92% Isolate Whey protein post workout shake.
    :: BCAA's - 2 tablets a day
    :: L-glutamine 5ml spoonful once a day.
    :: Dexaprine ... half a tab a day.

I have some questions that hopefully you'd be kind enough to help me with.

First of all.... am I doing the right thing?... There is loads of advice out there and 90% of it seems to be wrong.

2. Do any of you suffer from a lack of sweating and are there any tips with dealing with that and overheating/ exhaustion during cardio?

3. I take dexaprine on an empty stomach but it makes me feel sick all day. Is this a sign that half a tablet is too much, or maybe that i'm taking dexaprine on an empty stomach and not eating for a further 3 hours. ( I don't eat breakfast ).

I would greatly appreciate any advice in this area, and if any of you can help with suggestions of supplements and training tips that'll be awesome.

Cheers,

Geraint

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

Not eating breakfast is a horrible idea (unless you are adhering to the IF/leangains protocal). It upsets your stomach all day? Do you get a good amount of water in with it/after it? I'd be very very careful with fatburners given that you don't sweat. Many of them will raise your core temperature.

I can't help you with the cardio/sweating thing as I sweat normal to heavy amounts.

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  280 lbs.

Well I don't really get time to eat breakfast as i'm in University first thing... I see peoples diets with spinach, a kiwi and a bowl of porridge for breakfast and it's just not something I can fit in with getting up, ready and travelling to University
    I don't really feel hungry til lunch time anyway...... I never ate breakfast all the way through my high school years, so it's hard to break the habit.

As for Dexaprine i'm like 4 days into it and it upsets my stomach from about midday to 7pm ( when I train ). I don't know if it's cause i'm taking it at 8:30am on an empty stomach, and my stomach is staying empty til about Midday or 1pm. Or if it's just too much for me.
    I think i'm getting enough water with it, I drink lots of water (mainly iced green tea) anyway. I'm certainly not dehydrated.

Have you taken Dexaprine ManBeast? If so, do you eat soon after it, or leave it a few hours? Or do you just take your half a tablet before training, instead of letting it stay in your system all day, then training.
    Like I said... i'm totally new to this and I appreciate any experience you may have on it ?

Cheers
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

I have taken dexaprine, and I've always gotten at least a 20g protien shake in within an hour. I'd suggest picking up some protien bars or something that you can just snag and eat. It will help in many many ways (again, unless you are going to adhere to the Intermittent Fasting/Lean Gains protocol).

ManBeast
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  5. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Take your dexaprine with a small meal, will eliminate the sides
  6. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint View Post
    I spent 20 years of my life putting the weight on, and now want it gone. I took the wrong advice when I first started training 6 months ago, and literally just did weights 3 times a week. Which means that my body fat percentage is 22% .. which is lower than you'd expect for my weight.

My supplements were all wrong and my training plan was worse.
    I'd disagree. You like most people don't necessarily want to lose pounds on the scale, you want to lose fat. I'd think particularly with your perspiration disorder that doing anerobic strength workouts is the way to go, and skip on doing significant heavy cardio.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint View Post
    Since reading these forums i've corrected my supplements and training. I now do 6 days a week, cardio and pad work ( for boxing / mma ) and have started to add supplements into my diet.

:: 92% Isolate Whey protein post workout shake.
    :: BCAA's - 2 tablets a day
    :: L-glutamine 5ml spoonful once a day.
    :: Dexaprine ... half a tab a day.

I have some questions that hopefully you'd be kind enough to help me with.

First of all.... am I doing the right thing?... There is loads of advice out there and 90% of it seems to be wrong.
    muscle gain and or fat loss is 80-90% based on diet, which you don't mention at all other than not eating breakfast. Lay out a day of your meals, it probably will give more insight into being able to help.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  49 lbs.

diet with exercise is the best way to lose fat and in the same way, you gain muscles.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

Sometimes I think people don't take the time to read through a thread before posting...

ManBeast
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. weight loss advice
    By munsch328 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-22-2010, 05:48 PM
  2. Advice for weight loss and that hard look
    By mattmiles in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 01:39 PM
  3. weight loss advice needed
    By Iceman1414 in forum Weight Loss