Desperate for new approach to weight loss! - AnabolicMinds.com

Desperate for new approach to weight loss!

Stats
    5'4"  120 lbs.

Desperate for new approach to weight loss!

I am a supplement junkie. The only thing that really gave me results was finaflex proxanthine. I finished off a bottle of finaflex proxanthine and lost 25 lbs..I hit a weight loss wall so I became vegetarian..lost another 15lbs..now I am stuck again. I work out at the gym 3-5 days a week and my job keeps me constantly moving but my weight has remained the same for over two months now. Does anyone have a supplement suggestion? Or maybe the problem is with my workout? I might need to change it up (=
    I would love to lose 10 more pounds before spring!

Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.

First, congrats on the weight you already dropped ..

Your caloric intake is either way too low and your body has kicked into starvation mode (vegetarian diet?) or your calorie/exercise ratio is balanced and your going to need to change one or both to get the weight loss to continue ..

Start with Changing your workout .. Frequency, number of reps, order of the routine .. Days you workout .. Any or all of that ..

would need alot more info to be able to give any more specific advise .. Current routine/diet .. Stats ..
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

Yeah, post up stats (ht, wt), diet (typical training day and any differences for a non-training), and exercise routine so we can take a crack at it.

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
    •   

Stats
    5'10"  325 lbs.

congrats on the loss, as for a supplement since you say you r a junkie I did hear some really good things about that oxy pro elite I have not tried it yet cause im too in a weight loss stage and dont want to do supplements just yet but see that it works great, and as the other guys have said show some more stats for the help
    Stats
    5'4"  120 lbs.

oxypro

Quote Originally Posted by Monsta65 View Post
    congrats on the loss, as for a supplement since you say you r a junkie I did hear some really good things about that oxy pro elite I have not tried it yet cause im too in a weight loss stage and dont want to do supplements just yet but see that it works great, and as the other guys have said show some more stats for the help
    Sorry for late reply. I have tried oxy elite a couple years back and it didnt do much for me back then. When I was at my heaviest I was 5'5" 160 lbs and I am 23 (I dont know if that matters). At the beginning of 2012 I was at 118, hoping to reach my goal of 110. But since I started back in nursing school Ive done nothing but put on 10 more lbs. So no I am at a very unhappy 128 lbs but my legs feel the same shape, I feel like I gained it in my hips. So I am now 18 lbs away from where Id really like to be. I have been off supplements for about 2 months. Prolly about to order some more finaflex proxanthine since it has been out of my system for awhile and I just ordered insanity workout dvd since no time for gym. Just tired of battling my scale, but not giving up tho =)
    Stats
    5'4"  120 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast View Post
    Yeah, post up stats (ht, wt), diet (typical training day and any differences for a non-training), and exercise routine so we can take a crack at it.

ManBeast
    ht 5'5", wt 128 lbs (gained back 10 since posting), diet- not sure how much protein is enough. prolly get about 20 grams a day.
    trying to stay under 1200 calories (not including alcoholic beverages which I know i need to nix), exercise- mostly 30 min cardio a few days a week with light weight training since school let out. I ordered insanity so hopefully will be fit 60 days from now =)
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

110lbs at 5'5" is tiny! I'm 5'7" and at 130lbs I look anorexic.

lots of cardio.. and don't starve yourself
    ~ Airborne42's girlfriend ~
    - using mobile version, can't rep -
    Stats
    5'4"  120 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mls51112 View Post
    110lbs at 5'5" is tiny! I'm 5'7" and at 130lbs I look anorexic.

lots of cardio.. and don't starve yourself
    I just dont want to lose control and before i know it ill be 160 lbs again lol I was soo depressed back then and I feel like I am inching my way back to where I was. Im doomed!
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by shawjs8898

I just dont want to lose control and before i know it ill be 160 lbs again lol I was soo depressed back then and I feel like I am inching my way back to where I was. Im doomed!
    just be consistent.. you're probably not losing more weight because you're where you're supposed to be.. just do your best to maintain a good diet and exercise.
    Stats
    5'4"  120 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mls51112 View Post
    just be consistent.. you're probably not losing more weight because you're where you're supposed to be.. just do your best to maintain a good diet and exercise.
    thanks for support! =)
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

A new approach for you would be to stop looking at the scale. You stop losing weight and become a vegetarian in order to maybe lose more?

High fiber diets cause women problems (and men too) because they flush your hormones.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/...5A23KC20091103

My advice would be to do some weight training and cardio - and eat a sensible diet that includes lots of lean meat like chicken and fish - though honestly, if you're active enough you should be able to support red meats in your diet too. Reduce the carbs - replace those with proteins and fats.

Step on the scale only for reference. I generally get PISSED when I step on the scale and have lost a pound.

EDIT: Just read more of postings in this thread and you are afraid of hitting 160 lbs again. Well, that is where you are going without a major change in lifestyle. You're riding the "yo-yo" and it's no joyride.

You don't need these supplements. You need to get ahold of your diet and activity first. Don't work out to burn off calories - eat calories to fuel your workouts. You need to find a way to get into the gym more often. I get no more than 6 hours of sleep every night because I have to hit the gym at 0500 in order to complete my workout and get cleaned up for work.

Most gyms have all kinds of programs for weight loss and group exercise - but skip the damn pilotes and yoga classes that I see a lot of women sign up for and go for the pump classes and maybe some of those new aerobic classes my gym is always coming out with. Many of them are "dance intensive" and women love those things.

Your gym got a Concept 2 rower? You may have to look around for it - it's probably in a dusty corner because no one uses it. That thing will burn fat like it was ****ing napalm but you need to work yourself up to being able to handle it for 40 minutes or so.

And no - I'm not giving you this advice to be a pervert - but walk around naked a lot at home if you can. Mostly I'm talking about the bathroom and bedroom when you're getting dressed or cleaned up. Always confront your body image - a lot of people can't stand to look at themselves in the mirror but if they did - they'd work harder to perfect their bodies. Once you start seeing improvement - the improvement you see will fuel your drive to go even farther.
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.

^^^^ all this EXACTLY.

you don't need to lose more weight, you just need to maintain where you're at.

as for that link, don't avoid fiber.. unless you're trying to have a baby, don't worry about getting too much fiber. if you're on birth control, it also suppresses ovulation.. so does breastfeeding.

good job losing the weight so far. and good luck keeping it off
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.

get a fitness buddy
    it helps
    Stats
    5'6"  188 lbs.

You hit a wall do you became a vegetarian? Sounds a bit extreme, but alright. Whenever this happens you need to reduce calories further since your body has compensated for the lower calorie levels and because your weight has gone down causing a new RMR. Yes you could increase TEA, or activity to burn more calories, but lowering calories slightly more is a more concrete way to establish weight loss.
    Stats
    5'4"  120 lbs.

Thanks for all the advice! Definitely going to give it all a try but I am chained to my scale, not looking at it will be the hardest part of it all.
    Stats
    6'1"  130 lbs.

Well it is good to know that you have reduced lot of pound with the help of finaflex proxanthine and also with the usage of vegetables as well. I have not tried this supplement but it is quite obvious that vegetables are no doubt very useful from health point of view and the main thing is that these are low in fats thus result in weight loss rapidly . What I feel is that finaflex proxanthine might have some side effects. So I need your favor in this regard. Another thing is that you have to consult with your trainer for losing more weight.
    stevenelson

Similar Forum Threads

1. animal eaters toggling approach to muscle gain and fat loss
    By animaleater in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 12:35 AM
  2. Best Ph's for cutting weight/weight loss
    By ftwrestler in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 10:55 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 08:37 PM