Much Needed 90 Days

Manko Oyaji

Awards
Hello, I have been on and off reading the forums. I used to have a passion for training and getting leaner but lately I have been busy with work and eating dozens of Krispy Kremes or buffets here in Japan. All I have passion for is food these days. I eat when I am stressed and depressed. I have reached an all time low and am in need to get back to shape. I think the final straw was that I couldnt breath when tying my shoelaces. I made a journal and calander. I will pull a numer each day so I can have a daily reminder. I was on vacation in Hawaii and I met Adam Hanes of USPLabs I am grateful for his help and advice I now need to follow it. I will be at the same time logging some USP Products to see how far it can take me. I hope to get back to shape really soon. This is just a personal log for myself, I bought the USP Labs supplements with my own money and this will be an unsponsored log. Products, AP, Powerful, Prime, and OxyElite pro.

Here are the embarrasing before pictures.

DSC00161.jpg
DSC00162.jpg

28% Bodyfat at 228lbs

Here is day 1 and 89 more days to go! Here's to a new, healthy, and rewarding life.

IMG_1339[1].jpg

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Brah you still looking LARGE AND IN CHARGE!!

Nice on the USPLabs stuff. I am interested in their new C20. You should see if they'd be willing to let you do some transformation log with it!

Would be nuts!

And we lifting this weekend! Make sure you can come out!

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Subbed, good luck with the transformation.

Manko Oyaji

Awards
Thanks warsteiner, mattrag! I am gonna do this. 2nd day into conditioning was pretty diffcult. Only 88 more days to go!

photo.JPG

I had to rush through a lunch time 45 minute chest shoulder workout.

I ended the day eating about 1600 calories. I will start to do a detaled diet log I just need to get on it. What are some of your thoughts on casein at night for dieting. Should I be fasting for GH release or is it ok?

Flat Bench Press
275x5
305x5
305x4
305x4

Incline press
225 x 5
255 x5 3 sets

Flat dumbell press 110db x 5 4 set

Dumbell shoulder press 80lb db x 5 3 sets

tricep pushdowns
3 sets at 110lbs..

Super quick 45 minute workout and job to and from school ( about a 10 minute) leisurely jog.

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
If you are taking Powerfull just before bed then you will need to steer clear of carbs for about 60 mins before and after. A small amount of carbs (<10 grams) should be ok. Proteins and fats are ok with Powerfull, it's just the carbs you need to be careful with.

The first few days are going to be hard work getting back into the training but by the end of week 2 you should find it easier and should also start to notice some body changes with the diet/training.

Manko Oyaji

Awards
Thanks a bunch... I am giving my body about a week to get used to being on a diet. I have always kinda been in the weight room but I need to get consistent with nutrition and good strength programming. Thanks for all the help and the support from you and everyone else on this site. In a week Ill add the powerful , prime, ap, yok3d ..

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A good thing to do is clear your house of all the cheat stuff... lol

I wish there was fat free cream cheese here so we could make the Layne Norton cheese cake... sigh...

Good job though, first 2 days DONE.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey bro Matt linked me over here. Your huge ! You musta been a big guy before when you were leaner even? I can see you have a good base in there. Back looks huge. I'll be watching and you can check out my log if you want.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey bro Matt linked me over here. Your huge ! You musta been a big guy before when you were leaner even? I can see you have a good base in there. Back looks huge. I'll be watching and you can check out my log if you want.
Yea this dude is STRONG!
lol

He was freakin RIPPED at lower bf. Do a search on his UserName ;) He had some logs b4. This time though, im here so no quitting!

Manko Oyaji

Awards
Yea this dude is STRONG!
lol

He was freakin RIPPED at lower bf. Do a search on his UserName ;) He had some logs b4. This time though, im here so no quitting!
Thanks for the support countryliftin. I usually give up when I get busy but with Matt here and our Saturday pr and whole body powerlifting day I should be in go a wild ride. Thanks again Matt and country and I will subscribe to the logs .

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the support countryliftin. I usually give up when I get busy but with Matt here and our Saturday pr and whole body powerlifting day I should be in go a wild ride. Thanks again Matt and country and I will subscribe to the logs .
Im pulling DE deads today with my cleans. Might do some top end rack pulls. Sat Im gonna ME from the floor :)
Should be fun.

After that Im starting a 5 day routine buddy. Hoping the mass amount of adaptogens Im taking (Cheap stuff though, ashawanda and liver supps), can help me from OT'ing and burning out b4 I start the goods.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No doubt in my mind matt! haha. and thanks bro! im here for you too just not in person haha. I know how it is. I hate being not motivated and not having my lifting partner anymore... I might have a new one here though who will push me if he will get his *** in the gym.

Manko Oyaji

Awards
Back and biceps day Still hammering out my diet but ended the day around 2200 calories.

Deadlift 225 x8
315x5
365x5 2 seta
415x5
445x2 pr
445x1 tried to see if it was a fluke lol..
Pullups 5 sets x5
Hammer strength row 4 45s each side 3 sets
Close grip pull downs 200lbs x 3 sets.
Preacher curls machine 80 lbs 8 reps haha sounds so light !! 3 sets
Felt like a good workout but I should have done some cardio!!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Back and biceps day Still hammering out my diet but ended the day around 2200 calories.

Deadlift 225 x8
315x5
365x5 2 seta
415x5
445x2 pr
445x1 tried to see if it was a fluke lol..
Pullups 5 sets x5
Hammer strength row 4 45s each side 3 sets
Close grip pull downs 200lbs x 3 sets.
Preacher curls machine 80 lbs 8 reps haha sounds so light !! 3 sets
Felt like a good workout but I should have done some cardio!!
HOLY CATS!

445?! Damn... Plus the volume... damn... Good stuff man. Already TURNING IT ON!!!!

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn your strong, now time to get chiseled.

Manko Oyaji

Awards
Yesterday was a bad day lots of Korean food at a Korean theme party .. Today is cardio just interval training 40 minutes.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday was a bad day lots of Korean food at a Korean theme party .. Today is cardio just interval training 40 minutes.
Nice. I love Korean food. Interval for 40 mins is long bro. Good work.

Manko Oyaji

Awards
Yesterdays workout was just 3 big lifts deadlift at 225 x8
315 x 5
405x5 (almost fell on my face wearing different shoes )
445 x3 not very good form .

Bench 225x10
305x 5
305 x5
315 x 5

Squat
225x10
315x8
405x5
455x5

First workout with a bunch of my friends and was nice to be back into a routine..

Messing with IF .. I have to really watch these cheat weekends. Haha I think I'll write down what I need to eat before hand an cook meals also I should probably limit my cheats.. Well see how it goes.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterdays workout was just 3 big lifts deadlift at 225 x8
315 x 5
405x5 (almost fell on my face wearing different shoes )
445 x3 not very good form .

Bench 225x10
305x 5
305 x5
315 x 5

Squat
225x10
315x8
405x5
455x5

First workout with a bunch of my friends and was nice to be back into a routine..

Messing with IF .. I have to really watch these cheat weekends. Haha I think I'll write down what I need to eat before hand an cook meals also I should probably limit my cheats.. Well see how it goes.
Vids will be up soon, Im at Hitomi's sisters house now and cant figure out how to upload this stuff.... lol

Manko Oyaji

Awards
Vids will be up soon, Im at Hitomi's sisters house now and cant figure out how to upload this stuff.... lol
Haha no need the Vids!! I almost fell on my face hah and I look like a fatty with bad form ..

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha no need the Vids!! I almost fell on my face hah and I look like a fatty with bad form ..
Fricken strong though... Man you not even that fat. Weekly progress is what we need. :)

4 weeks. Then we start the madness. I'm ordering some tt33. Shift is working too well for David. I want some 3,3.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good work man ! You are strong. Kill it Bro. And don't worry about lookin like bad form. I had a guy tell mey back was curved slightly too much when maxing 515 on deads. Still got it thought. Just make sure the form is right. Dont worry how it looks listen to your body.

Manko Oyaji

Awards
Legs
Squats
225x8
315x6
405x5 2 sets from here I used wraps
495 x 5 (kinda crappy)
leg press
20 plates 8 reps
26 plates 6 reps
26 plates 6 reps
26 reps 4.5 reps
Leg curl and calf presses on leg press
140 lbs/ 16 plates 8 reps
150 lbs /16 plates 8 reps
Leg extension
4 sets racked for 6 reps
Small kind ab work haha

All in all a good workout .. Experimenting with a 18 hour fast with fasted training not bad and I'm not so hungry .. Probaly got to drink protein to make up my protein numbers cals are about 800 at this moment with 3 shakes to go .

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Legs
Squats
225x8
315x6
405x5 2 sets from here I used wraps
495 x 5 (kinda crappy)
leg press
20 plates 8 reps
26 plates 6 reps
26 plates 6 reps
26 reps 4.5 reps
Leg curl and calf presses on leg press
140 lbs/ 16 plates 8 reps
Leg extension
4 sets racked for 6 reps
Small kind ab work haha

All in all a good workout .. Experimenting with a 18 hour fast with fasted training not bad and I'm not so hungry .. Probaly got to drink protein to make up my protein numbers cals are about 800 at this moment with 3 shakes to go .
here are your vids bro.

Htiomi didnt vid me, Thought she did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC8esJhEY0g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkg4_HhPkoM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EXQxhBAIUc

last one is T ;)

Manko Oyaji

Awards
mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man thanks for posting but the form is quite horrible and I need a better belt for next week.. Also I'm gonna squat first next week since I need to rotate the lifts cause each one will suffer .. My squat is not so pretty not even quarters hahaha.
Yea. I just did a squat routine now. Up to doubles with 275. That's the heaviest I can go now. Must still be blasted from Saturday. Man. You strong bro. Squats again today....

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work there.
I need these guys to get me back into shape... I think I'm gonna have to just suck it up and workout in the cold. Cold weather is like -50 to strength.... Haha. Damn. These guys are like +5000 to all stats though. I'll update my workout log later but pulled 315 for 8 ;)

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anybody who is cool with Mattrag is ok by me. In (Moving some BEAST poundages there, most impressive!)

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I need these guys to get me back into shape... I think I'm gonna have to just suck it up and workout in the cold. Cold weather is like -50 to strength.... Haha. Damn. These guys are like +5000 to all stats though. I'll update my workout log later but pulled 315 for 8 ;)
just take your skirt off and pretend your rocky in russia. Lol.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Good on ya mate for getting back into lifting! I'll be subbed to see how it works out for you.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Matt... Yes, bad form or not, those lifts are impressive, I mean that is quite heavy, but please, please, please remember how important form is, their form was not very good/safe at all, you injure your low back from that stuff and you can count yourself out for a while. Remember back when I did dead lifts with Morry and had not done them in a while, I worked my way up to 405Lbs which is heavy, but back in the day I used to be able to get like 600Lbs for reps, well I was going for 10 reps with that 405 and on the 8th one, because I had not done it in a while and that was actually heavy for me now, I broke form to make sure I got it up, well I got it up alright and my Fugging back hurt me and kept me from lifting properly for like 3wks and that was me doing everything 100% right to get it back in shape, Chiropractic, massage, Electrical stimulation, etc. Go lighter weight for higher reps, will build more mass than heavy weight for lower reps, you are not trying to be a power-lifter are you? Just trying to look out for ya Bro, don't want to see you get injured is all!

FYI... I will never go for heavier reps than 315Lbs on dead-lifts ever again, unless I am able to get that weight for more than 15 reps, just not worth the injury and the unnecessary strain/stress to my joints, ligaments, & tendonds!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Matt... Yes, bad form or not, those lifts are impressive, I mean that is quite heavy, but please, please, please remember how important form is, their form was not very good/safe at all, you injure your low back from that stuff and you can count yourself out for a while. Remember back when I did dead lifts with Morry and had not done them in a while, I worked my way up to 405Lbs which is heavy, but back in the day I used to be able to get like 600Lbs for reps, well I was going for 10 reps with that 405 and on the 8th one, because I had not done it in a while and that was actually heavy for me now, I broke form to make sure I got it up, well I got it up alright and my Fugging back hurt me and kept me from lifting properly for like 3wks and that was me doing everything 100% right to get it back in shape, Chiropractic, massage, Electrical stimulation, etc. Go lighter weight for higher reps, will build more mass than heavy weight for lower reps, you are not trying to be a power-lifter are you? Just trying to look out for ya Bro, don't want to see you get injured is all!

FYI... I will never go for heavier reps than 315Lbs on dead-lifts ever again, unless I am able to get that weight for more than 15 reps, just not worth the injury and the unnecessary strain/stress to my joints, ligaments, & tendonds!
Their form is definitely not perfect. They were afraid of posting it up here too because of the bad form hehe. But, I think its for the better. Even if they are not perfect, they are definitely motivational. Not to being dumb or anything. I think it'd be good for form help. I was hoping to get a vid of ME doing these as well, but the wife thought I wanted pics. Anyway, Ill vid myself later doing sumo deads. Probably tomorrow at home.

On a slightly off topic, Scotty have you found out anymore about the FinaFlex new PH? lol

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Their form is definitely not perfect. They were afraid of posting it up here too because of the bad form hehe. But, I think its for the better. Even if they are not perfect, they are definitely motivational. Not to being dumb or anything. I think it'd be good for form help. I was hoping to get a vid of ME doing these as well, but the wife thought I wanted pics. Anyway, Ill vid myself later doing sumo deads. Probably tomorrow at home.

On a slightly off topic, Scotty have you found out anymore about the FinaFlex new PH? lol
Huh? Ruh row... What you talking about willis.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Back looks thick as hell.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At this exact moment... NO! I am hoping there will be more to report after tomorrow morning's company meeting!!!

Manko Oyaji

Awards
Wow a hell of a lot of activity in here. Im suprised as this is my first active log. Thanks matt for helping me out.

Anybody who is cool with Mattrag is ok by me. In (Moving some BEAST poundages there, most impressive!)
Tanman thanks so much for poppingin here and following along. I'll need the support as I sometimes just fall off.

Good on ya mate for getting back into lifting! I'll be subbed to see how it works out for you.
Thanks Luke.. I never really took off lifting just I ate myself and never really pushed myself much anymore.

Scottydoc, thanks for the kind words. I do know my form was pretty crappy. But I never compromise my spine .. If I can't lift it. I wont even attempt it.I used to be strong and my mind still thinks so, unfortunetly I will probably never get back my youth speed and strength just due to the injuries from judo and football. I still remember all the stuff my first powerlifting coach taught me and thats to never compromise your spine. This day was the first day we got together to lift as a group of friends. It was pretty much adrenaline haha. Although my less than quarter squats are quite embarrassing. I will watch my form more and hope to make some real progress to post vids worthy of posting.

Still debating on saturday if this is gonna hurt me or help me .. the 3 big lifts for a workout.. I do it more to get my other friend to a gym with some weights. But I could do something else if need be.

Currently

training split is Monday-legs, Tuesday-Chest , shoulders, triceps, Wed-Back and biceps, Thursday- full body depletion high rep saturday- 3 core lifts 3-5 reps some hit and runs mixed in the days depending on my work schedule.. Yesterday I didnt get home till 1145pm and today I probably wont get home till 1 am and have to get up at 6am most mornings. I know unless I fix my sleep im not gonna succeed.

Last edited:
ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Scottydoc, thanks for the kind words. I do know my form was pretty crappy. But I never compromise my spine .. If I can't lift it. I wont even attempt it.I used to be strong and my mind still thinks so, unfortunetly I will probably never get back my youth speed and strength just due to the injuries from judo and football. I still remember all the stuff my first powerlifting coach taught me and thats to never compromise your spine. This day was the first day we got together to lift as a group of friends. It was pretty much adrenaline haha. Although my less than quarter squats are quite embarrassing. I will watch my form more and hope to make some real progress to post vids worthy of posting.
Manko... Please don't take it the wrong way, I wasn't criticizing you, just concerned about your safety, I mean you don't have your age posted so I don't know, I just know I am 37yrs old and have experienced quite a few injuries... all in the name of going heavy. On top of that, I have completely achieved the body I've always wanted by following a good diet and doing lighter weight for higher reps and putting less wear and tear on my joints, ligaments, tendons, & muscles. Now if you are looking to be a power-lifter, by all means you must lift heavy, but if you are just looking to recomposition your body and "body-build" so to speak, doesn't mean you have to compete, I consider myself a bodybuilder and I don't compete, anyway if that is what you are trying to achieve then I truly believe higher reps and lighter weight with a good consistent diet is the way to go. This is all in my opinion (both profession and non-professional) as a chiropractor and being an avid lifter/bodybuilder for the past 20yrs. In my mind I had to learn it the hard way, which is why I feel the strong need to try and help others learn from my mistakes, it is in no way to toot my own horn or to try and come across high & mighty, far...far...far from the type of guy I am!

Take nothing away, your lifts were very impressive my friend, I wish you all the health and success in all your lifting endeavors and I will be following along and look forward to your future videos... Pleasure to make your acquaintance!

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man I was just checking your log mankos recomping in Japan. You were looking Diesel Bro.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good old muscle memory

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You'll look like that again in no time.

Manko Oyaji

Awards
Manko... Please don't take it the wrong way, I wasn't criticizing you, just concerned about your safety, I mean you don't have your age posted so I don't know, I just know I am 37yrs old and have experienced quite a few injuries... all in the name of going heavy. On top of that, I have completely achieved the body I've always wanted by following a good diet and doing lighter weight for higher reps and putting less wear and tear on my joints, ligaments, tendons, & muscles. Now if you are looking to be a power-lifter, by all means you must lift heavy, but if you are just looking to recomposition your body and "body-build" so to speak, doesn't mean you have to compete, I consider myself a bodybuilder and I don't compete, anyway if that is what you are trying to achieve then I truly believe higher reps and lighter weight with a good consistent diet is the way to go. This is all in my opinion (both profession and non-professional) as a chiropractor and being an avid lifter/bodybuilder for the past 20yrs. In my mind I had to learn it the hard way, which is why I feel the strong need to try and help others learn from my mistakes, it is in no way to toot my own horn or to try and come across high & mighty, far...far...far from the type of guy I am!

Take nothing away, your lifts were very impressive my friend, I wish you all the health and success in all your lifting endeavors and I will be following along and look forward to your future videos... Pleasure to make your acquaintance!
No worries I really love to get advice an I take it all to heart.. It will make me better and I never felt you were attacking me. I do know you are concerned about safety. The spine is pretty fragile. I was injured from bjj for a bit and why I couldn't train hard.. I use powerlifting to strengthen my core and I am better from it . Thanks for the advice and I will rework some stuff and it's my pleasure to meet you too.

Manko Oyaji

Awards
Man I was just checking your log mankos recomping in Japan. You were looking Diesel Bro.

Thanks man .. I'll be way better than that next time I promise .

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lookin good bro