Diet check - AnabolicMinds.com

Diet check

1. ***** Vampire

Diet check

Goal is to lose fat and not muscle. Current weight is ~170. I will not be jumping on a scale or checking my BF% for the next 6 months. I will use the mirror as my guide. Doing a 3 day push\pull\legs split. cardio will be done 4X per week - 45 minutes low intensity treadmill. Lemme know what you think:

NON WORKOUT Days
    8:00
    1 cup milk
    2 servings oatmeal
    11:00
    1 cup milk
    1 can tuna
    2 servings oatmeal
    2:00
    1 cup milk
    1 can tuna
    2 servings oatmeal
    5:00
    4oz chicken or steak
    1 cup broccoli
    1 cup whole wheat pasta
    1 scoop protein blend
    1 tablespoon flax

Totals:
    Cals F C P
    2027 53 197 194

WORKOUT Days
    1 cup milk
    2 servings oatmeal
    11:00
    1 cup milk
    1 can tuna
    2 servings oatmeal
    2:00
    1 cup milk
    1 can tuna
    2 servings oatmeal
    5:00
    4oz chicken or steak
    1 cup broccoli
    1 cup whole wheat pasta
    7:00 workout
    8:00 - 8:30
    2 scoop whey
    30G dextrose
    10:00
    1 scoop protein blend
    1 tablespoon flax

Totals:
    Cals F C P
    2347 53 227 244

2. Senior Member

I like your caloric breakdown. Meals are laid out and timed nicely. I take it your 8:00-8:30 shake is your post workout shake. If your could stick to that type of eating day-in and day-out for 6 months, then great. Personally, I would get tired of that diet after awhile. But, I' also as dedicated as I should be. Maybe think of some alternatives meals to mix it up a bit. I think you're going to get hungry on your workout days before bed with two shakes back-to-back. Maybe try some cottage cheese, or a different protein/fat source. Also, think of a good "reward" meal to stick in there once a week to give yourself a meal to look forward to.

By the way, how much weight/bf are you wanting to lose? I'm going to begin a cutter come next month. Hoping to dump around 4-5%. I know I'll lose some muscle (and I hate the thought of it) but, I'm going to set up for a good bulk maybe in Jan/Feb.

Best of luck to you.
  3. ***** Vampire

Quote Originally Posted by Cuffs
    I like your caloric breakdown. Meals are laid out and timed nicely. I take it your 8:00-8:30 shake is your post workout shake. If your could stick to that type of eating day-in and day-out for 6 months, then great. Personally, I would get tired of that diet after awhile. But, I' also as dedicated as I should be. Maybe think of some alternatives meals to mix it up a bit. I think you're going to get hungry on your workout days before bed with two shakes back-to-back. Maybe try some cottage cheese, or a different protein/fat source. Also, think of a good "reward" meal to stick in there once a week to give yourself a meal to look forward to.

By the way, how much weight/bf are you wanting to lose? I'm going to begin a cutter come next month. Hoping to dump around 4-5%. I know I'll lose some muscle (and I hate the thought of it) but, I'm going to set up for a good bulk maybe in Jan/Feb.

Best of luck to you.
    yup - thats my PW shake. Thats pretty much an outline for me - like i will sub chicken for the tuna - or brown rice for the oatmeal. i just need something structured to look at so i know abouts how much of what i need to eat for each meal. Cottage cheese is definitely a sub for last meal of the day and if i get too hungry i will just add some more protein. My reward meal will be BBQ every saturday - unlimited steak ( i know i am wierd - but steak is more of a treat to me than sugar or candy especially a good rib eye or filet that i notmally would not eat bc of the fat). i am not looking at weight or BF anymore. I have some love handles and chest fat i want to get rid of - that is my goal. I will be starting a testE\trenE\winny cycle in about a month - so if this diet is going well for me, i will prob just up the cals by 500 or so and take it from there.
    •   

4. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by goldylight
    I have some love handles and chest fat i want to get rid of - that is my goal.
    I'm in the same boat there.

Also, gotta love those rib eyes. I burned one up the other night while I was home alone. Now, I'm hungry.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Recomp/Lean Bulk Diet! Check it out!
    By manifesto in forum Bulking
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-20-2010, 12:22 PM
  2. Diet Check..!
    By Cappy in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 12:41 PM
  3. Yet another Diet check, please critique
    By J_MAN in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15