lifting weights on cutting cycle
- 09-16-2011, 04:21 PM
- 09-17-2011, 10:09 PM
If your shoulder is hurt then don't lift weights that affect it, lift other body parts as possible.
Otherwise, you should be lifting during your cuts. Aside from helping your burn calories, albeit a relatively small amount, lifting will help your body hold on to any muscle you've put on. Make sure you are getting adequate amounts of protein though, for me that is 1 gram per pounds of lean mass, some people prefer other calculations.
- 09-18-2011, 01:46 AMBoard Sponsor
- 5'1" 117 lbs.
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
- Kiwi in the United States
- Rep Power
Re "cutting", RESISTANCE training is far MORE important than cardio - cardio is NOT even necessary when wanting fat loss, although there are cardiovascular and health benefits to doing it.
Just to note, I recommend that you do NOT focus on your scale weight and concentrate more on your BODY COMPOSITION, since you want any weight to be lost to be FAT ONLY, MAINTAINING your current muscle mass, and if you want to lose 20 pounds, you need to make sure that you have 20 pounds of fat TO lose; otherwise, you'll lose precious muscle mass along with the fat, which you do NOT want.
Just remember that if you want to lose fat, your NUTRITION more than anything will determine your success - or lack of it.
If you're new to this and/or not sure what the best approach is for fat loss, then download and read The 3 Keys to Fat Loss - it contains comprehensive advice and information on nutrition, supplementation (only the basic staples required), and training (inclusive of a sample training programme for beginners and advanced trainees) for effective and successful fat loss.
Similar Forum Threads
- By McCoy1989 in forum Weight LossReplies: 1Last Post: 09-06-2011, 10:54 PM
- By db2000 in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 1Last Post: 08-07-2010, 03:08 AM
- By Jayhawkk in forum News and ArticlesReplies: 1Last Post: 06-13-2006, 12:04 AM
- By Grunt76 in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 16Last Post: 04-21-2006, 08:46 AM
- By YellowJacket in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 8Last Post: 03-19-2003, 02:24 PM