Best Weightloss Supplements???

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75%

Best Weightloss Supplements???

Need to help with this. Done a lot of research and wasted a lot of $ on name brand products that don't work. Suggestions???

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.17%

Cissus Qaudrangularis

A few years back I was in a nasty accident and spent a lot of time in rehab. I couldn't exercise, got depressed, divorced, the whole routine, and of course I packed on the pounds. I tried all sorts of brand name products and did the same as you, blew a lot of cash. I am in my late 50s and was convinced that I was stuck! Then I started taking cissus quadrangularis - in big doses (4 servings, 2 grams per serving, mixed with dark cocoa in chocolate whey isolate as this stuff taste like s**t). The only other supplement I take regularly is R+ALA (alpha lipoic acid).

I adopted the eating routine in the Warrior Diet, the food recommendations from the Primal Blueprint, and the exercise routines laid out in Convict Conditioning. Now I eat about 3000 calories per day, up from 2200 when I gained a lot of weight. In the last year I dropped over 50 pounds! Crazy. This spring I decided to make the effort and research the supplement industry. My conclusion - the same - there is so much bull and crap. A company with a good research program can only develop a product or two a year - at best. Most of it is just hype and bad science. I chose only two company's product lines - PES and USP Labs. I still buy other products from other companies once in a while (I really like Southland's Revamp) ... Right now, I am taking USP Labs super cissus caps to work for my joints; and to attack that last 10-20 pounds of stubborn fat I just started the PES stack (Alpha T2 and Erase). It will be interesting to see what happens. All the best, R
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.3%

sounds like Ganched is working for USP...i tried 2 bottles of that cissus quadrangularis from USP for joints to no aval..guess its just me
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  219 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.29%

liquid Clen
  5. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.14%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by demolition View Post
    liquid Clen
    That is a drug, not a supplement. I believe the name of the thread is "Best weight loss supplements". Although I prefer fat loss to weight loss.
  6. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.14%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by plenny View Post
    sounds like Ganched is working for USP...i tried 2 bottles of that cissus quadrangularis from USP for joints to no aval..guess its just me
    It is not just you. I'm on my second bottle of SuperCissusRx and haven't noticed a thing. Purchased two bottles just make sure I gave it a fair chance.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.17%

Hi Plenny - sadly not employed by USP, could use the extra $. To be honest, USP is very conservative with its recommended dosing - at two caps per day it had no effect on me either. After going through half a bottle I thought I was being ripped off... so using Google, I found a lot of research papers (as well as USP's patent claims) and almost every author (including USP in its patent claim) recommended dosing at 6-8 grams per day. When I pushed to that number, within a week joints mobility improved, and I started dropping weight. To keep it affordable I bought cissus in bulk (both NP and USP Powders) - awful taste - but it worked and continues to work for me. All the best ...
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  219 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.29%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    That is a drug, not a supplement. I believe the name of the thread is "Best weight loss supplements". Although I prefer fat loss to weight loss.
    lol ya got me there.
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Try Osteo-Sport if your looking for joint support and for fat loss try alpha t2 and our (AppNut) lipo pm. Pm me for discounts and free shipping. Lastly I might be having a few promotions for our Osteo-Sport to be logged with our Neovar if anyone is interested.
  10. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Osteo-Sport to be logged with our Neovar if anyone is interested

down with that hahah
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.56%

My best experience with a weightloss supplement has most definitely been with OEP...of course, you do need to make sure your diet and workouts are on point if you're trying to drop bodyfat, otherwise, you're going to keep on wasting money. Best of luck!
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.73%

Quote Originally Posted by Ganched View Post
    Hi Plenny - sadly not employed by USP, could use the extra $. To be honest, USP is very conservative with its recommended dosing - at two caps per day it had no effect on me either. After going through half a bottle I thought I was being ripped off... so using Google, I found a lot of research papers (as well as USP's patent claims) and almost every author (including USP in its patent claim) recommended dosing at 6-8 grams per day. When I pushed to that number, within a week joints mobility improved, and I started dropping weight. To keep it affordable I bought cissus in bulk (both NP and USP Powders) - awful taste - but it worked and continues to work for me. All the best ...
    When I worked (if we can call it that) for USPL payment was in form of supplements anyway. The 10% Super-Cissus RX is a joint supplement, not a weight loss supplement (even if you did lose weight while using it) so I wouldn't even begin to bring it up in regard to weight loss tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsaRoid? View Post
    Try Osteo-Sport if your looking for joint support and for fat loss try alpha t2 and our (AppNut) lipo pm. Pm me for discounts and free shipping. Lastly I might be having a few promotions for our Osteo-Sport to be logged with our Neovar if anyone is interested.
    If the Osteo-Sport extract is the 5% one (which USPL used back in the day before the partners split and AN was born) then I would suggest this, even as an ex-rep for USPL I have to give props to the 5% extract as having fantastic ability of strengthening avascular tissue.

On topic though, and without suggesting any particular brands, if your diet is in check then you'll want something that increases insulin sensitivity. With a good product you'll get fat loss without strength or size loss.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75%

Any thoughts on MusclePharm Shred Matrix? It's been suggested I try it for a thermogenic fat burner. Just wondering if it's ligit as they claim it to be.
  14. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.38%

Anabeta!!!!!!!
    Shred matrix is legit...
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.96%

You gotta try Genomyx products, they rock. The alpha-yohimbine (Rauwolscine) in Alphaburn is completely blunted with insulin so take it without food under fasted cardio conditions and watch the fat disappear
  16. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.38%

Quote Originally Posted by pnut143
    You gotta try Genomyx products, they rock. The alpha-yohimbine (Rauwolscine) in Alphaburn is completely blunted with insulin so take it without food under fasted cardio conditions and watch the fat disappear
    Good call...fasted cardio is also not always possible...what would YOU do next?
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.96%

I had some life changing results taking TTA-500 (4 caps a day) and AlphaBurn (1 cap every two hours until my first meal then would use Genomyx Eviscerate at night). I would wake up and not eat for 8 hours or so. I never experienced any muscle loss because the TTA-500 makes your body constantly be in fat burning mode while the AlphaBurn allows fat to be released from even the most stubborn areas. My appetite was completely demolished and I never craved food in that 8 hour period. The best thing is from what I experienced, the body conserves all glycogen stores and basically utilizes only fat while at rest. After the 8 hour fast, I would have 2 fruits and go work out, and I actually had some of the best workouts of my life and had complete energy. After working out, I had a huge dinner and sometimes would barely be able to make it to calorie maintenance levels because I was so full. Add some ALCAR to that and you have one extremely dirty stim-free fat burning mix.
  18. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.8%

super cissus is the ****. i dont like USP labs all that much but cissus is one thing i do like.

my bro had major pain in his wrist/elbow area and started taking the cissus and its gone. it helped my back as well.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.67%

N2Burn and Alpha T2, so far (9days) it has treated me very well. Lost 2-2.5lb so far and hope to cut another 3 at the end of 4wks. 1 inch off my waist already too.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.73%

OEP + erase + anabolic pump has been amazing for me
  21. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.94%

It is nice to see so many people naming PES products.

Thank you to Ganched, WhatsaRoid, runner_79, gymrat827 and carpee. We appreciate your support.

Ben
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.73%

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc
    It is nice to see so many people naming PES products.

Thank you to Ganched, WhatsaRoid, runner_79, gymrat827 and carpee. We appreciate your support.

Ben
    I've used every product, aside from
    The newer t-2, and none have let me down.

Got in on that anabeta deal this week. Can't wait to get back on it

And shift is incredible. Favorite non-stim
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.75%

My buddy has lost about 65 pounds over the past year. Every time he has hit a plateau, he has me pick up a bottle of OEP for him. He swears by it. I think he's on his third bottle now.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  24. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.14%

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    My buddy has lost about 65 pounds over the past year. Every time he has hit a plateau, he has me pick up a bottle of OEP for him. He swears by it. I think he's on his third bottle now.

Who wants to be stimmed out/cracked out though?. I guess some people like that feeling, just not me.
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.75%

He definitely likes that aspect of it. He works nights from 2100 - 0500 though.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  26. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.79%

Need to help with this. Done a lot of research and wasted a lot of $ on name brand products that don't work. Suggestions???
    You look like ur diet is in check. So just say F it and get some ERASE or Formestane, worked AWESOME for me.
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

TTA, Raspberry Ketones, and green tea caps are an effective fat loss supplement stack that I use.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

Similar Forum Threads

1. My First Weightloss Log: Diet/training/supplements
    By Sxhawnn in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 03:50 AM
  2. Recommended Weightloss Supplements
    By DIALEDIN in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 01:10 PM
  3. weightloss
    By cowboys in forum Weight Loss