Lower Ab Advice

TexasState12

TexasState12

Awards
So here's the deal, I'm a Heath freak, I eat more clean than anyone I know, I have a great grasp of how, when, and what to eat. I lift 5 days a week, Cardio two days a week and on saturdays, abs every other day cycling weight and reps, I currently 5'11" 160-162lbs and have all but my bottom two abs, I thought it's all about what you eat cuz their so hard to hit consistently but I've been under 10% BF for over a year now and can't seem to get those bad boys to stick out like I want them to, any tips? Hints? Advice? Would be greatly appreciated.

TexasState12

TexasState12

Awards
Leg lift, resistant Ab curls, flutter kicks, knee lift, hangin leg/knee lifts things like that.. Alternating weight/ high rep days

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Then take it down to 8% bf. Or 6 if you have to.

And you say you have a great grasp on how, what and when to eat but I'd say 80%+ of the time someone says that they have a bunch of misconceptions. So share a day's meal plan with us

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Reverse crunches dude for sure, Swiss ball pikes

TexasState12

TexasState12

Awards
Thanks I appreciate the tips.

Meal 1: 4-6 eggwhites w/ jalapenoes
Wheat toast no jelly
1 cup Black coffee
1/2 apple w/ raw almond butter

Meal 2: 1 scoop Myofusion shake w/ water

Meal 3: 6oz turkey cutlet
1 cup fresh broccoli

Meal 4: pre: aminos, Myofusion,

Meal 5: post: IntraPro 3 scoops w/ water
6oz chicken breast
1 cup grilled peppers
Salad broccoli

Meal 6: celery w/ 1 tbs almond butter or 1/2 chicken breast about an hour before bed.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, depending in the amount of almond butter, you aren't nearly getting enough healthy fats for general health, much less optimal hormone levels. And eyeballing it, I'd wager that's in the 1500-1800 calorie range, which if you aren't consistently losing weight is a sign of other issues.

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If u ask me, myofusion is kinda garbage... Too much going on in it, also made very irregular/bloated.. I LOVE big blend by betancourt n it's got similar ingredient profile... Also, IMO - great meal plan for maintenance of lean body, however if you're trying to see those lower abs you might need to cut out the wheat bread or the apple... I have found that you shouldn't mix cArbs n fats in the same meal bc fats blunt the digestion of carbs... I know u don't wanna dip too low calorically n u need cArbs for energy, but u may needto go keto to achieve what you're trying to do.. Personally, due to genetics , I have to eat less thsn 25g cArbs/day to see my abs, otherwise I just retain too much water.. Bf is 10-12 but water/estro/Cort kills my midsection! Hope this helps

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, depending in the amount of almond butter, you aren't nearly getting enough healthy fats for general health, much less optimal hormone levels. And eyeballing it, I'd wager that's in the 1500-1800 calorie range, which if you aren't consistently losing weight is a sign of other issues.
I'm in the same range daily and I maintain weight/fluctuate up n down... My thyroid is shot. I have a non stim run of 2 months planned with some revamp, tta, coleus, caff free green tea... Think that will help cleanse my adrenals?

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
AND I burn 400-700 Cal 4 days a week w cardio!!! And don't lose a pound! FMLLLLLL

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe best to get thyroid blood tests, and cortisol saliva tests

TexasState12

TexasState12

Awards
Yeah I try and stay around 2000 when I'm cutting, cuz with genetics I know playing a factor I store anything excess, I'll deff get into some of the healthy fats tho I love the almond butter, almonds, peanuts, stuff like that anyways, and what could
Be those other things u mentioned? Like a possible thyroid problem or something of that nature?

Thanks again. And I know what u mean with the Myofusion it does make me bloat and has alot of extra ingredients, it was just really low carb so I didn't look much further into it. #dumb

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thyroid is possible, high estrogen levels and or low testosterone levels could play a factor too. Maybe even slight insulin insensitivity

TexasState12

TexasState12

Awards
Yeah u deff could be right my
Mom and her mom have diabetes, hope that's not it and hopefully not low test ha

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
That is a low cal count/ low carb count. I am very carb sensitive but I spike my cals and carbs on lift days (I follow the Lean Gains Protocol) I, like you plateaued around the 10% BF mark using your current nutrition style. Once I switched to LG I started shredding fat again. It's something to look into if all else fails.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/174612-lean-gains-if.html

This is a very helpful thread started by MrKleen.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah u deff could be right my
Mom and her mom have diabetes, hope that's not it and hopefully not low test ha
Well, any of those are still treatable, so its not all bad. Can or do you get fasted bloodwork annually ? It doesn't normally cover the hormones but if blood glucose is towards the high end it might indicate insulin issues. Really need a glucose tolerance test to be sure. But off the top of my head your resting metabolic rate without activity should be around what you eat.

TexasState12

TexasState12

Awards
Just to clarify what do u mean around what I eat?

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It should equal it.. U burn what u eat just by being awake n living...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah just that you bmr is approx that many calories for being sedentary

TexasState12

TexasState12

Awards
Ahhh gotcha, well I really do appreciate it, I'm reading more into Lean Gains, thinking about trying that out too.