Burn fat and lose weight? - AnabolicMinds.com

Burn fat and lose weight?

1. New Member

Burn fat and lose weight?

Well I have started weight lifting recently, trying to gain some muscle/lose weight as I try for the police force. I have gained about 40 lbs in the past 4-5 years since I left highschool, some in muscle but a large portion in fat simply because I got on a really bad eating diet and poor choice of friends who eat like crap. I can pass the physical at the moment but am looking at losing a few pounds to try and up my time. I am looking for some supplements to help me lose weight along with a good diet and weight lifting/running list if possible.

My stats:
    6'0
    200lbs
    Live in Canada (alot of supplements can't be shipped up here from main sites)
    Hockey, soccer, basketball, tennis player - as much as I can around work schedule

The last 4-5 months I have been lifting a fair bit and I have noticed my strength is going up but my weight stays the same. Idealy I want to get down to 180 if possible, 170 preferred but I think 30lbs will be a stretch. Any suggestions with supplements to help me recover and lose weight and/or diet would be greatly appreciated. Friend suggested this site could help me out alot.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.

Grab some Derma-Therm Target, and maybe some ERASE and hop on LeanGains and you'll be set.

Or if you're more serious grab some Clen.
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison
  3. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Lay out your current diet so we can suggest changes.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
    •   

4. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Lay out your current diet so we can suggest changes.
    Breakfast - Either eggs/farmer sausage or cereal (no sugary ones, usually fibre ones)
    Lunch - Sandwich of lean ham, turkey, etc.
    Snack - Vegetables or fruits
    Dinner - Chicken/pasta or more vegetables/fruits

I drink a bit of milk and eat chedder/cottage cheese a bit (I work at a cheese plant). I have also cut close to all alcohol out of my system and only have a drink once in a while on special occasions.

My work shifts are everywhere, can start at 4AM one morning and do 8PM the next day so my sleep/eating patterns are all over the place and can go long periods where I am not hungry (usually night shifts and after 2AM I wont eat till next time I wake up)
  5. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

well, offhand it doesn't quite look like you get a whole lot of protein there, but its hard to tell without portion sizes. You can use something like fitday.com or livestrong.com and their calorie calculator/tracker to get a better grip on your nutrition. Its virtually impossible to lose weight/fat without having a grip on what is going in your mouth
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.

without having a grip on what is going in your mouth

Name:  %%%%.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  29.3 KB
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison
  7. New Member

well, offhand it doesn't quite look like you get a whole lot of protein there, but its hard to tell without portion sizes. You can use something like fitday.com or livestrong.com and their calorie calculator/tracker to get a better grip on your nutrition. Its virtually impossible to lose weight/fat without having a grip on what is going in your mouth
    Thanks I will look at those sites. I eat quite small portions these days compared what I have in the past, ALOT of vegetables/fruits and a sandwich pretty much each day.

Are there any supplements I can take that you can suggest? Guy at GNC suggested a mass gainer which isn't what I really need considering I want to gain muscle but lose fat/weight so looking for other things to help out.
  8. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

No, supplements are entirely pointless till you get a better handle on diet. 70-80% of body composition is based on diet.
    This space for rent

9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenerdosy View Post
    Thanks I will look at those sites. I eat quite small portions these days compared what I have in the past, ALOT of vegetables/fruits and a sandwich pretty much each day.

Are there any supplements I can take that you can suggest? Guy at GNC suggested a mass gainer which isn't what I really need considering I want to gain muscle but lose fat/weight so looking for other things to help out.
    Lol, don't ever buy anything a GNC worker recommends.
    -Jim Morrison
  10. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Gnc workers get commission and bonuses based on sales, and some companies offer an extra bonus to them if they push x amount of a specific product in a month.
    This space for rent

11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I agree with this. Use an online tracker to specifically see what you're taking in for total calories and macronutrients in a day for a while. It can be a pain (it was for me, at least), but after the first couple weeks, I knew exactly what I was taking in without having to do it anymore. You'd be amazed at what your totals end up from what you think they are.

No, supplements are entirely pointless till you get a better handle on diet. 70-80% of body composition is based on diet.
    I'd be willing to say that diet is even more than 80%; like 90% of the equation.

And from the description you laid out, it looked like you weren't taking in enough calories (like Easy said, though, it's hard to say without knowing portion sizes).

Diet>Training>Supplements
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  12. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lenerdosy View Post
    Well I have started weight lifting recently, trying to gain some muscle/lose weight as I try for the police force. I have gained about 40 lbs in the past 4-5 years since I left highschool, some in muscle but a large portion in fat simply because I got on a really bad eating diet and poor choice of friends who eat like crap. I can pass the physical at the moment but am looking at losing a few pounds to try and up my time. I am looking for some supplements to help me lose weight along with a good diet and weight lifting/running list if possible.

My stats:
    6'0
    200lbs
    Live in Canada (alot of supplements can't be shipped up here from main sites)
    Hockey, soccer, basketball, tennis player - as much as I can around work schedule

The last 4-5 months I have been lifting a fair bit and I have noticed my strength is going up but my weight stays the same. Idealy I want to get down to 180 if possible, 170 preferred but I think 30lbs will be a stretch. Any suggestions with supplements to help me recover and lose weight and/or diet would be greatly appreciated. Friend suggested this site could help me out alot.
    Well,thanks for providing useful information..In my point of view drinking more water and daily exercise are the best way to burn fat and reduce weight...!
  13. New Member

Nice sharing.
    I have also heard that it doesn't matter how fast you walk or run but how long you do so. To answer your question, that would be a good exercise. You would lose weight and burn fat if you walk on a treadmill and eat healthy for a month.
  14. New Member

Lightbulb

water is a good natural thing which is really helpful to burn the fat but if we really want to lose the rapidly then the use of the green tea will be the best thing to lose the weight and burn the fat.
    http://straightupfitness.com/los-angeles-fitness-trainer/]Los Angeles Fitness Trainer
  15. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jeromee View Post
    water is a good natural thing which is really helpful to burn the fat but if we really want to lose the rapidly then the use of the green tea will be the best thing to lose the weight and burn the fat.

No I don't agree.. only water not helpful for fat burn.. have to do daily workouts to burn fats in body..
  16. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Albert

No I don't agree.. only water not helpful for fat burn.. have to do daily workouts to burn fats in body..
    Not really, dietary control alone can put someone overweight or obese down into normal range.
    This space for rent

Similar Forum Threads

1. Can't Lose Weight!!!!
    By JonSchm22 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-04-2009, 12:26 AM
  2. I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT
    By Ceckert51 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-24-2009, 03:16 PM
  3. trying to lose weight
    By zVanvlack in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1