opinons, on abs pushing bellyfat out

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.92%

Unhappy opinons, on abs pushing bellyfat out

i cut to 9% 163 and recently bulked to 170 because my abs blew, now theyre bigger (i feel and see them) but when i sit or am loated on carb up days feels as if my fats being pushed out by my muscles. am i gaining fat or is it the muscles pushing on fat. i.e. i can still pinch the same amount of fat.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.95%

If it is Bulking and cutting cycles that you are doing just stop!
    Bulking helps you gain fat cells that will never go away!
    Find your body type, it may take a while but when you find out your body type
    Take a look at what options you have of dieting, because its the food that will be the main part of your transformation, or change of Human body!
    Its all about how you wanna look, Muscular big or Lean mass & sharp Physic!

If you grew up thin! I heard Optumim: Serious Mass with Animal Pak from universal nutrition are great together!
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ryino View Post
    If it is Bulking and cutting cycles that you are doing just stop!
    Bulking helps you gain fat cells that will never go away!
    Find your body type, it may take a while but when you find out your body type
    Take a look at what options you have of dieting, because its the food that will be the main part of your transformation, or change of Human body!
    Its all about how you wanna look, Muscular big or Lean mass & sharp Physic!

If you grew up thin! I heard Optumim: Serious Mass with Animal Pak from universal nutrition are great together!
    bulking helps gain fat cells that never go away? WRONG, any fat can be lost dude, and to gain ANY muscle you have to take in excess calories- yes you wil lgain some fat but also muscle- i bulked from 225 to 250- did i have fat? Hell yeah I did, but now that I have leaned out to 227 im bigger and leaner than ever before

bulk then cut
    repeat
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.51%

competitive bodybuilders have been 'bulking' and 'cutting' for decades.

however, i've definitely been rethinking the idea.

one thing to keep in mind with the above method, is that while you are cutting off the excess fat you gained during your bulk, you are not bulking.

what i mean is, if you gain a bunch of size during a bulk, then go to cut, A. you are probably going to be losing some muscle during your cut. B if you're not losing your muscle, you're probably cutting slowly with a very modest calorie deficit which will take a while. which brings us to C. during your cutting period you are not gaining muscle. this is time you could be adding muscle, but instead you're possibly losing it.

so scenario

A. bulk 6 months, cut 3-4 months.
    B. recomp for 10 months.

I think with choice B you can enjoy a better body throughout, while still adding the same amount of muscle, plus you won't have to go through the pain of being on a ''cut''.

i like 'B' better, personally.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.83%

Is recomping really viable?
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.95%

it was only what I hear from others taking info from nutritionist, they say the fat cells will effect you in the long run, one more thing I had just checked yesterday, always work out, do not get lazy and just quit, that's when you will see the effects
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.51%

Quote Originally Posted by Curlz View Post
    Is recomping really viable?
    Certainly. I think what beast is recommending is slow LBM gain (often called a clean bulk). The idea behind a bulk in the traditional sense is you eat a ton of calories trying to gain mass. Often you gain some fat because you don't eat clean or eat way over maintenance. Then you try to cut that off in a diet phase and you burn the fat you created, but risk losing some muscle.

A counter to that would be to slowly try to gain LBM while monitoring your diet more closely. So you're trying to bulk without putting on much fat.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.69%

Quote Originally Posted by schwellington View Post
    bulking helps gain fat cells that never go away? WRONG, any fat can be lost dude, and to gain ANY muscle you have to take in excess calories- yes you wil lgain some fat but also muscle- i bulked from 225 to 250- did i have fat? Hell yeah I did, but now that I have leaned out to 227 im bigger and leaner than ever before Lockxxheed

bulk then cut
    repeat
    No he is right in his statement! You my friend are WRONG. Fat cells that are accumulated during weight gain are always there, you can not get rid of them. When you lean out they "creanate" aka shrink, but they still are there. Research it, and the accumulated fat cells will continue to cause access hormone sectetion of leptin. Your statement was correct
  9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.18%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

To the OP, yes, you can get bloated without any increase in body fat. This is very likely to occur on carb refeeds if you are lower carb for the majority of the time.

Assuming your skinfold measurement is exactly the same (accurate calipers, not a guesswork pinch grip with fingers) then you are probably suffering from simple abdominal distension from an inflamed GI tract.

It may feel like the muscles are pushing out the fat because it is hard. This is from your organs rather than your muscles.

Nothing to worry about. Potentially digestive disorders or a poor choice of food but it is very common to bloat on carb refeed days.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.79%

Quote Originally Posted by JajaNe20 View Post
    No he is right in his statement! You my friend are WRONG. Fat cells that are accumulated during weight gain are always there, you can not get rid of them. When you lean out they "creanate" aka shrink, but they still are there. Research it, and the accumulated fat cells will continue to cause access hormone sectetion of leptin. Your statement was correct
    Absolutely correct; however:

Adipocyte hyperplasia (the increase in number of fat cells) occurs most frequenty following birth and during adolescence/puberty when energy intake is extremely positive (way over whats used), or due to genetic malfunctions. Adipocyte hyperplasia in adults only occurs when adipocyte hypertrophy is near maxed out. In other words, you have to gain a significant amount of fat before your body starts producing new fat cells.

Your traditional bulk and cuts are made possible mostly via the use of PEDS. You can put on a lot more muscle and you can hang onto it easier while dropping fat faster.

For those of us going about it natural, it only makes sense to find yourset point. For most of us, this will be between 8-12% body fat where we are able to maximize muscle gains while keeping fat gain at a minimum, which goes along with ryino's second statement.

To the original poster, its more than likely bloating and excessive food in the digestive tract that is causing it. It could be (though is less likely) an accumulation of visceral fat.

Br
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.69%

Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    Absolutely correct; however:

Adipocyte hyperplasia (the increase in number of fat cells) occurs most frequenty following birth and during adolescence/puberty when energy intake is extremely positive (way over whats used), or due to genetic malfunctions. Adipocyte hyperplasia in adults only occurs when adipocyte hypertrophy is near maxed out. In other words, you have to gain a significant amount of fat before your body starts producing new fat cells.

Your traditional bulk and cuts are made possible mostly via the use of PEDS. You can put on a lot more muscle and you can hang onto it easier while dropping fat faster.

For those of us going about it natural, it only makes sense to find yourset point. For most of us, this will be between 8-12% body fat where we are able to maximize muscle gains while keeping fat gain at a minimum, which goes along with ryino's second statement.

To the original poster, its more than likely bloating and excessive food in the digestive tract that is causing it. It could be (though is less likely) an accumulation of visceral fat.

Br
    Thanks for expounding upon that, but I was just stating he was wrong about "losing" fat cells. I didn't know they wanted to know when are bodies are more "prone" to gaining fat cells LOLZ!
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.79%

I've been known to go overboard expounding once or twice...haha
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.69%

Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    I've been known to go overboard expounding once or twice...haha
    Haha well honesty is a good admirable trait, it's all good.
    Last edited by JajaNe20; 07-21-2011 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Syntax

Similar Forum Threads

1. BellyFat
    By daddybullfrog in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-27-2011, 02:28 PM
  2. DimethaBol.. any opinons?
    By citiboi88 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 01:32 AM
  3. need opinons please!!
    By chadf11 in forum Supplements