How effective would this be??

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
so im goin for a second write up of my diet..jus wondering if it makes sense and if the meals are placed correctly..trying to get serious mass and loose fat at the same time..dont really have a goal weight jus wanna look good.lol.im 5'9" 220lbs...about 30%body fat...i knw thats high but i used to be very athletic until a klnee injury took me out of commisiion for about 2 years..3 knee surgies and still ate like a beast so i gained a lot of weight but im back.lol here goes..

wake up..scoop of whey plus 1 cup of oats 7:30am
cardio
lift
cellmass recoveryshake.1/2 hour after, 1 scoop of whey
meal1..1 whole egg with 4 egg whites 10:00am
meal2..8oz ground turkey 12:00pm
meal3..sweet potatoe 2:00pm
meal4..can of tuna with oil+vinegar and 6oz of asparagus(dnt knw if thats spelled rite lol) 4:00pm
cellmass recovery shake 5:00pm
meal5..8oz chicken breast 6:00pm
casein shake 8:00pm

the times are rough estimates because its hard to stay on track with work and everything and i dnt have a car so bus actually takes a lot of time out of my day believe it or not.lol.let me knw wat yu guys think.

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
No offense, but I don't know why your goal is to gain serious mass if you are at 30% bodyfat. Your figure would probably look much better (and even "bigger" muscle wise) if you went on a cut for a few months and shed some body fat. THEN tried to add good lean mass. I've always had better luck focusing on one goal at a time.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
ok so well i ddnt mean serious mass..i jus want to get a lot stronger and burn a lot of fat..i guess i kinda figured mass comes with strength but thats not true....im not trying to have washboard abs.lol..i jus wanna get bak in shape for my well being and to wrestle in college..so anyways my question was how does the diet look??

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
and my body fat really isnt that high..im gettin a caliper tmrrw so ill knw for sure

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i think you're going to want to do a straight cut . recomping is a slow process.

here's why :

if you're at 25% BF at 220lbs, that means you have 55lbs of fat 165lbs of LBM. if you lose only fat, and no LBM, you'd have to be 198ish. assuming you aren't going too low on calories trying to hold onto muscle, MAYBE you'll lose 2lbs of fat a week.......thats 11weeks of cutting.

this is if you want to look alright at 15% BF. to add muscle WHILE losing fat, you can imagine how much longer than 11 weeks, it will take.

my math could be off though

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
First off I would lift before cardio, and try and keep your sessions short. If you really want to lose fat do cardio later on in the day.

Diet wise I'd add more veggies if possible. I think you should look into www.leangains.com and see if intermittent fasting is for you. I've always been more hungry when I eat every two hours or whatever as you are doing.