Eggs and Cholesterol

Manwhore

Awards
I'm sure i posted this many times on other boards,but i never really got any feedback,so i'll post it again.... Alot of people don't eat the yolk in the egg,because they think it is high in bad cholesterol,but Dr. Mercola says only when it's mixed and cooked with the white does the bad cholesterol get oxygen from the iron. You can read more on Mercola.com,but i saw Bobo make a post with Mercolas name in it,so i figured he may be able to answer this. I've been reading Mercola's articles on his site for about 1yr or more now. I eat my eggs scrambled only sometimes when i want to add cheese but mostly OVER EASY when i eat them(not too much,since they don't have much protein and i could be cooking something else with more). thanks

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
(not too much,since they don't have much protein and i could be cooking something else with more). thanks
Even though they only have 5 or 6 grams each, eggs have one of the best (if not THE best) amino acid profiles you can find. I would personally rather eat 5 eggs than have a 50 gram whey shake.

Bump for cholesterol info.

Manwhore

Awards
Even though they only have 5 or 6 grams each, eggs have one of the best (if not THE best) amino acid profiles you can find. I would personally rather eat 5 eggs than have a 50 gram whey shake.

Bump for cholesterol info.
Yes,i know about the Amino profile,which is why i'm starting more hard boiled now. I don't use Protein shakes or any Protein supps,for that matter.. As a matter of fact,i have 8 eggs hardboiling in the pot right now. Well,i did,they are cooling right now

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Eat the Yolks,the notion that they are bad for you has been proven false. I eat a dozen at least a day...Im with dietrying I rather have 5 eggs than 50 gram of whey..

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I'd rather have a 50g egg powder shake than 5 eggs.... ;)

Manwhore

Awards
Eat the Yolks,the notion that they are bad for you has been proven false. I eat a dozen at least a day...Im with dietrying I rather have 5 eggs than 50 gram of whey..
I'd like to see someone that has been doing it and having bloodwork done,but i am still going to eat the yolk most of the time. I also have heard for years that the yolk has all or most of the vitamins

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
I'd like to see someone that has been doing it and having bloodwork done,but i am still going to eat the yolk most of the time. I also have heard for years that the yolk has all or most of the vitamins
I eat at least 5 eggs every day, you can find my bloodwork around. M1T lowers the **** out of your HDL and total cholesterol, so eating lots of eggs while on or at least post-cycle is a must IMO. I believe most methyls will lower HDL and total cholesterol, just not to the extent of M1T. I think but I'm not sure that high test and estradiol levels increase cholesterol and blood lipids, but not positive. Cholesterol and saturated fat, especially from eggs, is great post-cycle as it is essential for hormone (testosterone) synthesis. Dietary cholesterol is only bad if you have a cholesterol problem or if you're sedintary and not a crazy bodybuilding freak.

Mudge

Awards
95% of the cholesterol in your body is manufactured in the liver. High GI carbs (including sugars) are those converted to cholesterol the most often.

Wonder why cholesterol levels are so high? Thats why, the US is a carb nation.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
95% of the cholesterol in your body is manufactured in the liver. High GI carbs (including sugars) are those converted to cholesterol the most often.

A refined Carb nation.....Bingo... :goodpost:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Not to mention the link between refined carbs, trans fats and triglycerides.

Eggs, the other white meat.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Bump for the good response.

The notion that controlling cholesterol intake from foods is generally false. It only applies mostly to individuals who are genetically predisposed towards cholesterol problems. Then every gram matters and even then they will probably die young or need a bypass anyway.

This myth is perpetuated and refined by big corps peddling the latest industrial discards like polyunsaturated fats. Saturated fats like butter is more expensive but is the raw material which the body needs - one of which is to produce hormones.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
good thread. i've always eaten plenty of eggs.

i read a good article in a recent magazine on lecithin & choline & guess what was the best source.........yep, eggs!!! :thumbsup:

Jag

Manwhore

Awards
Bump for the good response.

The notion that controlling cholesterol intake from foods is generally false. It only applies mostly to individuals who are genetically predisposed towards cholesterol problems. Then every gram matters and even then they will probably die young or need a bypass anyway.

This myth is perpetuated and refined by big corps peddling the latest industrial discards like polyunsaturated fats. Saturated fats like butter is more expensive but is the raw material which the body needs - one of which is to produce hormones.
I hear ya. My sisters boyfriend made me laugh one day by saying,he's so mad because his BP and Cholesterol are high. He said the guy next to him is eating a double bacon greese burger and he's eating a dried turkey on wholewheat,but he's the one with the problems. My mother's is a little high,and our family isn't known for having anything bad but strokes. I think it must have been all the junk food she was eating. The doctor gave her Cholesterol meds,like all docs would,but i told her to eat better so she doesn't have to take drugs,which will probably be worse for her in the long run.

Edge

Awards
It is actually saturated fats that impact cholesterol for the most part, not actual cholesterol found in eggs. Misconception.

Manwhore

Awards
just eat egg whites!
I think the yolk has all the vitamins,so i eat the whole egg raw. It's so much easier that way. I don't have to worry about frying it with butter or oil or even waste time cooking it. 1 in 50,000 of my eggs carry semonila,says Mercola,and he even tells what to look for to tell if the egg is infected,so i don't worry.

boomr

Board Supporter
Awards
i have eaten eggs for a long time. I usually use say 5 egg whites and 1 yoke, with the idea that the yoke was not so good for you. I guess i can add another yoke maybe even 2. I cook mine tho in an omelet. did you say that cooking them together is what causes the problem? or the yoke is fine either way?

Manwhore

Awards
i have eaten eggs for a long time. I usually use say 5 egg whites and 1 yoke, with the idea that the yoke was not so good for you. I guess i can add another yoke maybe even 2. I cook mine tho in an omelet. did you say that cooking them together is what causes the problem? or the yoke is fine either way?
Well,Mercola says when the yolk is mixed with the white and heated,you get the bad cholesterol. He says it's better to buy organic make sure to check eggs(he tells how on his site)and eat them raw. I saw at least 1 person write that it's better to cook them because protein is better absorbed when cooked,but i eat most of them raw or sunny side up. My wife likes them over easy and then she cuts them up so the yolk runs all over the white and dips her toast in them. That's good ****. I love omelets,so when i want cheese and hotsauce,i'll make one. You got me in the mood for one now. I was just going to down 4-5 raw but now i'm going to make a cheese and hotsauce omelet. I might throw in some kidney beans and wrap them up like a burrito. Damn i'm hungry. i gotta go

boomr

Board Supporter
Awards
haha i do the toast thing like your wife does also.....in fact so does my wife....good stuff

Manwhore

Awards
Yeah,food is good fo...
yeah,good stuff. I just had a 5 egg omelet with kidney beans,hot sauce(franks),and cornflakes. I wanted cheese on it,but i stopped myself.