some advise needed

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74%

some advise needed

Hi all, I am new to this forum and would appreciate some advise regarding suppliments and training. I will give you a quick background first.

I have been a bodybuilder for around 14 years. I was be no means a pro but used to be in good shape although I did use steroids moderately. I gave up the weight training 4 years ago and have since stopped exercising at all, which means now I am 215lb @5'10' and am unfit and basically fat although this has always been my bodyweight even when trim. My very long term girlfriend left me a month or two ago and it has knocked me back, I am finding it hard adjusting to being single and have lost all confidence with women, I dont seem to get a second glance at the moment.
    Anyway I would like to get back into shape to boost my confidence, I think the gym will give me something to focus on as well and help me get over things. I need to know where to start, should I diet and do cardio first and try and get the fat off or should I try and get the muscles working again and train heavy? I have started to diet and cut carbs down to a minimum and am going some mild cardio but fitness is also a problem at the moment.
    Are there any supplements that can help me shed the pounds? I am looking for fairly gentle stuff nothing too extreme.
    I know this will be a long road but I am determined to get back in shape because my body is my confidence..

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by back2square1 View Post
    Hi all, I am new to this forum and would appreciate some advise regarding suppliments and training. I will give you a quick background first.

I have been a bodybuilder for around 14 years. I was be no means a pro but used to be in good shape although I did use steroids moderately. I gave up the weight training 4 years ago and have since stopped exercising at all, which means now I am 215lb @5'10' and am unfit and basically fat although this has always been my bodyweight even when trim. My very long term girlfriend left me a month or two ago and it has knocked me back, I am finding it hard adjusting to being single and have lost all confidence with women, I dont seem to get a second glance at the moment.
    Anyway I would like to get back into shape to boost my confidence, I think the gym will give me something to focus on as well and help me get over things. I need to know where to start, should I diet and do cardio first and try and get the fat off or should I try and get the muscles working again and train heavy? I have started to diet and cut carbs down to a minimum and am going some mild cardio but fitness is also a problem at the moment.
    Are there any supplements that can help me shed the pounds? I am looking for fairly gentle stuff nothing too extreme.
    I know this will be a long road but I am determined to get back in shape because my body is my confidence..
    If you've just started back training, then your body is going to respond much like a beginner, although muscle memory should kick in quickly.

No need to add in supplements but the basic staples at this stage. Concentrate on getting your NUTRITION AND TRAINING in order first.

There's no need to cut out carbohydrates re nutrition if your diet is targeted at fat loss for YOU.

I recommend reading the following Fat Loss Articles, especially The 3 Keys to Fat Loss - it contains comprehensive advice and information on nutrition, supplementation (only the basics required), and training for effective and successful fat loss. Follow the principles in those articles and you will see progress.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Rosie almost always beats me to it, and says what I would have said
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. ADVISE NEEDED ON A STACK
    By NUTRISHOPP in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 08:59 PM
  2. PCT advise needed after 4 weeks of 11-oxo
    By InkPad in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 01:25 PM
  3. Confused and Advise needed