I have 3 RIPPED friends that...

1. Banned
    Stats
    6'3"  217 lbs.

I have 3 RIPPED friends that...

Don't do any cardio, but they have a good diet and they can burn fat without cardio

Is that possible ? That's what they tell me

My friends aren't skinny ripped, they are muscular ripped like +210

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.

LOL they're on.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

I disagree. You didn't say what age, but when I was 21 I was holding at 6'0 210 natty and was ripped. However, I was extremely meticulous with my diet maintained an active lifestyle ex. Walking to campus and classes, using stairs on buildings and a lot of sex ? Which I guess is cardio if you want to nit picky, but you know what I am trying to say. Also started competitive rock climbing at 12 and lifting at 16, so def. Built solid foundation for holding strength and then weight. I guess I'd do like a circuit / superset workout like once every 2 weeks just to break the norm in the gym. You get what I'm saying, but not everyone is on, I'm a believer of that.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Anyways pretty dumb question. Lol. Who cares what works for them I it's not workin for you. Its your job as an athlete to find what works for you and what doesn't work for them so can surpass them with dedication, nutrition, and whatever plethora of supps you wanna take for a ride.
  5. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Markusrulezzz View Post
    Don't do any cardio, but they have a good diet and they can burn fat without cardio

Is that possible ? That's what they tell me

My friends aren't skinny ripped, they are muscular ripped like +210
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - cardio is NOT necessary for fat loss, so therefore once one IS lean, it is not necessary to maintain that leanness, either.

Nutrition is the KEY to fat loss, and if one is resistance training and doing things right for THEM, then yes, it is possible.

The more muscle one has means more ease in losing fat and maintaining leanness as well.

As one mind1body said though, it doesn't matter what works for them -what works for anyone else is irrelevant when it comes to you, and you have to find and do what works for YOU!

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.

I do maybe 20 minutes of cardio a week. Im 6'4 250 and pretty cut up. Diet is definitely the key to my success
    Anabolic Designs Represenative
    Perform and Transform
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/171721-boagrius-logging-pes.html
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.

There are PLENTY of people with high metabolism that keep lean without cardio.

Some people can just eat as much as they want too and keep lean, and then workout and get some muscles due to the insane amount of calories they consume.

And then there's the other side of the spectrum, me, who keeps clean, does cardio 4x a week and is still struggling

Everyone is different. Some were blessed with good genetics, some have to work for it. Work for yours and just let the others be, they will turn into fat blobs once they turn 40.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.

Staying active, putting on muscle and a good diet really can be enough so u don't have to do cardio.

But don't rule out cardio just because it's possible, I agree with everybody else, experiment with your body and figure out whats good for you
    smallfry@athleticxtreme.com
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

9. Registered User

It all comes down to simple math.. What comes in must come out..

My wife is a good example of that, before she gave birth she didn't do any cardio / training at all, and she ate pretty much what ever she wanted, candy, pizza, you name it.. Still, she had her 6-pack while I'm doing diet after diet, and training like usuall... The fact is that she has a higher, much higher metabolism then me...

Now after she gave birth she's still lean, but she does Zumba on Wednesday with the rest of her friends.. Not that she needs it, but she think it's fun.. And yeah.. She still eats like a horse...
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Cardio =/= necessary but it does help depending on body fat percentage
  11. Registered User

Cardio is great for heart health. You can be lean and still be sick inside. I mean you can see some guys eating like crap and still stay pretty lean and they don't do any cardio. I guarantee though that they will have other problems such as high bad cholesterol and low good cholesterol just to name two things....Cardio is definitely not necessary for fat loss but there are other benefits to cardio besides fat loss.
  12. Registered User

Its all depends on the person man. I work with a bunch of guys that live off fast food, and dark beer. There not 210+ natural lol, but there all around 185, and single digit bodyfat. Some of dudes are just blessed with good genetics.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Cardio is great for heart health. You can be lean and still be sick inside. I mean you can see some guys eating like crap and still stay pretty lean and they don't do any cardio. I guarantee though that they will have other problems such as high bad cholesterol and low good cholesterol just to name two things....Cardio is definitely not necessary for fat loss but there are other benefits to cardio besides fat loss.
    Yeap I agree, gotta keep the heart muscle in shape.
    smallfry@athleticxtreme.com
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Diet is everything. The older I get the more I realize that after genetics everything boils down to diet.
  15. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VeganMike View Post
    Diet is everything. The older I get the more I realize that after genetics everything boils down to diet.
  16. Banned
    Stats
    6'3"  217 lbs.

It's genetics then knowledge...

Knowledge is power in bodybuilding. that includes knowing how to diet, how to workout, how to cycle and ....
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hello My Friends!
    By jannkahon in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 05:05 PM
  2. I need help from all my friends here at A.M
    By freezito in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 11-01-2010, 06:51 AM
  3. Ripped quick not ripped off!
    By rbarker1977 in forum Anabolics