Looseing fat from the belly

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  274 lbs.
    Answers

Looseing fat from the belly

I am looking to loose fat in the belly. I workout 3 days a week 1 hr workout lifting heavy with a trainer. I don't rest no more than 5 secs between reps. So I keep my heart rate up pretty high.
    I am really trying to drop body fat seems every time I start back working out I gain weight I am 6 ft and 300lbs. I cant do cardio since I have a knee cap that is not in aliment my IT band is pulling it over.
    I am 37 I have to take androgel for low testosterone my level is around 825 now. I asked in another post about taking clen and t3 cycle but most agreed that I am not read for it.
    I am not increasing my food intake I still eat 5 times aday... I am trying to eat healthy but the downside is I cant cook that well nether can my wife so we don't eat that well or we go out to eat.
    I did calorie counting before and did not see any results.
    Any advice? I would like to get down to 250 as quick as I can.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.
    Answers

My only advice would be to drop cals by 200 and see what that does.Take some green tea extract 3x a day and drop some carbs if your eating any.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Answers

My advice would be going back to counting calories for a bit and sticking with a set amount for a week at a time or so. Everyone is different, but if you took in say 3,000 calories/day for a week, you could see if you lose any weight or not. Based on that week's performance, you can decide to add or subtract (moving in increments of about 300 calories would work well). The stipulation to this is that you need to be spot on with your calories; remember that popping a few extra fish oil caps is going to add in calories, as would adding ketchup to a burger if you didn't have it factored in. Every little bit counts here.

In addition to that, I'd look into some light cycling or any form of additional cardio you can get that your body can handle.

I would personally minimize going out to eat as well. Even if you're eating healthy (or think you are), it's easy to have "healthy" food that's prepared in a fashion that's not and the urge to cheat on your food plan is going to go up because of the convenience factor.

And getting your calories from good food sources is important, too. Plenty of lean meats for your protein, healthy fats (like almonds, natural peanut butter, avocados) and complex carbohydrates (whole grains, oatmeal, brown rice). I'm a big advocate of reading the labels of any and everything I eat. Just because something sounds healthy or appears to be, doesn't mean that it is. Unfortunately companies can be shady and sell things based off of our trusting this. Also eat tons of veggies Green ones are the best.

One other thing you could consider adding in is a nutrient repartitioner. That way you can shuttle those nutrients into muscle instead of fat. Need2Slin can help you out there.

At the end of the day, though, the nutrition is going to be the biggest determinant in all of your success.

Best of luck!
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    My advice would be going back to counting calories for a bit and sticking with a set amount for a week at a time or so. Everyone is different, but if you took in say 3,000 calories/day for a week, you could see if you lose any weight or not. Based on that week's performance, you can decide to add or subtract (moving in increments of about 300 calories would work well). The stipulation to this is that you need to be spot on with your calories; remember that popping a few extra fish oil caps is going to add in calories, as would adding ketchup to a burger if you didn't have it factored in. Every little bit counts here.

In addition to that, I'd look into some light cycling or any form of additional cardio you can get that your body can handle.

I would personally minimize going out to eat as well. Even if you're eating healthy (or think you are), it's easy to have "healthy" food that's prepared in a fashion that's not and the urge to cheat on your food plan is going to go up because of the convenience factor.

And getting your calories from good food sources is important, too. Plenty of lean meats for your protein, healthy fats (like almonds, natural peanut butter, avocados) and complex carbohydrates (whole grains, oatmeal, brown rice). I'm a big advocate of reading the labels of any and everything I eat. Just because something sounds healthy or appears to be, doesn't mean that it is. Unfortunately companies can be shady and sell things based off of our trusting this. Also eat tons of veggies Green ones are the best.

One other thing you could consider adding in is a nutrient repartitioner. That way you can shuttle those nutrients into muscle instead of fat. Need2Slin can help you out there.

At the end of the day, though, the nutrition is going to be the biggest determinant in all of your success.

Best of luck!

Very good info here.
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post

Best of luck!
    This.

and remember, 3500 cals = 1 pound
    Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Im not to fond of taking serm's for long periods of time....
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  274 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks for the advice. The Need2slin I have search some of the forums and some people seem to like it. It seemed a bit pricey is it worth it? I am currently not taking any supplements.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bc0508 View Post
    Thanks for the advice. The Need2slin I have search some of the forums and some people seem to like it. It seemed a bit pricey is it worth it? I am currently not taking any supplements.
    I was in the same boat as you in terms of the price factor, my friend. I've used a ton of nutrient repartitioners, too. I ordered some near the end of Summer and what I've done is run it at lower doses to save the life of the bottle. I'd usually just take 2 caps about 20 minutes before a heavier carb meal. If it's anything less than ~40g or so, I don't bother with a repartitioner because I figure my body can handle the smaller amounts.

It's a decision you definitely should feel comfortable with before purchasing, but I don't regret the purchase at all
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  274 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks.. I think I will give it a try...I report back my results. Looks like the store off this forum sales it so I give them a shot.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks.. I think I will give it a try...I report back my results. Looks like the store off this forum sales it so I give them a shot.
    Definitely let me know how it goes for you. And if you want or need any more help never hesitate to ask me.

Good luck!
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tubbednova View Post
    My only advice would be to drop cals by 200 and see what that does.Take some green tea extract 3x a day and drop some carbs if your eating any.
    I'm a big fan of green tea extract. It isn't a miracle worker by any means, but there are a multitude of health benefits, plus the additional help with weight loss. Get a brand with good EGCG concentration.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  245 lbs.
    Answers

I am looking to loose fat in the belly. I workout 3 days a week 1 hr workout lifting heavy with a trainer. I don't rest no more than 5 secs between reps. So I keep my heart rate up pretty high.
    I am really trying to drop body fat seems every time I start back working out I gain weight I am 6 ft and 300lbs. I cant do cardio since I have a knee cap that is not in aliment my IT band is pulling it over.
    I am 37 I have to take androgel for low testosterone my level is around 825 now. I asked in another post about taking clen and t3 cycle but most agreed that I am not read for it.
    I am not increasing my food intake I still eat 5 times aday... I am trying to eat healthy but the downside is I cant cook that well nether can my wife so we don't eat that well or we go out to eat.
    I did calorie counting before and did not see any results.
    Any advice? I would like to get down to 250 as quick as I can.

See if your gym has a Hand Ergometer machine. That way you would have a cardio option. Hand ergometers can actually get your heart rate up faster than leg cardio machines because your arms are closer to your heart than your legs. I hope this helps along with MidwestBeast's advice.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  225 lbs.
    Answers

which brands you liking.....i read an article on green tea the other day, about its effects on training, an di was inspired, im inconsistant with it, and need to mke it a staple

iv used prima force, primordial, now, a few
  13. Registered User
    Answers

to eat healthy, you dont have to be a good cook. just know how to cook the following.

chicken breast.-cook in frying pan, or boil. use olive oil for cooking it.

frozen vegetables-boil in water.

brown rice-biol in water.

boiled eggs-boil in water. (i like to boil the whole dozen at once)

sweet potatos-microwave, peel the skin, eat.

fruit is simple, just wash and eat.

rolled oats-microwave

if you go with plain tuna, i'd opt for the tuna in olive oil. it cost a bit more, but is alot healthier. or you could go with tuna in water too. thats cheap.

cut out the salt.

rolled oats with protein powder for breakfast.

tuna, sweet potato, boiled egg, fruit for lunch.

cooking chicken, brown rice, and veggies plain for dinner.

eating this every day isn't going to taste like anything you get at a resturant.
    but it's healthy, and you will loose weight.

yes, this is a bit extreme. but extreme results will call for extreme measures.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Good post and good example, cooking is simply the practice of following instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Im not to fond of taking serm's for long periods of time....
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Exactly what JBryan said, you don't have to be a good cook.

This is my advice:
    Get yourself a griller, like the Foreman grill (not the most expensive either). Just season your meats with different spices. I use Mrs. Dash, has no sodium. Pop them on the griller, and wallaaa, 15 min later or less they are done. You can even put some veggies to grill in there as well. Here'a quick list to add on to the other posts:

1) Electric Griller

2) Frozen veggies - you can pop these in a microwave. Saves you time as well. Try seasoning them as well for added flavor.

3) Frozen fruits - you can even eat these frozen for a different texture. Great for adding to protein shakes/smoothies.

4) Low fat yogurt - Greek yogurt is best in my opinion. Tons of protein, and less carbs. This is my trick to greek yogurt: buy the plain one, it's mostly pure protein. Buy some sugar free fruit preserves, mix in 1 tablespoon into the greek yogurt and you have created a fat free, low carb, high protein, good tasting snack!

5) Electronic food scale - a staple to weighing your lean meats. It doesn't have to be a pricey one either.

6) Keep a food journal if possible - this will help you refine your diet. You can see where you went wrong. Sometimes you think you are eating enough, and it maybe that you are eating too little.

7) Cardio Cardio Cardio - I'm not a fan, and a lot lifters aren't either. I've added it to my current training plan about 3-4 x per week, 30-45 min and have already lost 4%bf in 3 weeks. Try different cardio machines, not just treadmills. With your style of lifting, this will add greater fat loss. Try HIIT (high intensity interval training) when time is a factor.

Just be consistent, the fat and pounds will come off. I've made my share of mistakes not being consistent to good nutrition and training and now I'm paying for them .
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Answers

yo guys this might be a lil off subject n all but ive had my syneburn for quite some time now never finished the bottle and now that i finished my lean efx im gonna take a break from that i was stacking wit hemodrene still got a good while on that and i was wondering how many mg of syneburn (synephrine) would i need to take to see pretty good results?? and im 5'11 225lbs wanting to drop another maybe 15-20 more lbs...appreciate the feedback guys!
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by HED24 View Post
    yo guys this might be a lil off subject n all but ive had my syneburn for quite some time now never finished the bottle and now that i finished my lean efx im gonna take a break from that i was stacking wit hemodrene still got a good while on that and i was wondering how many mg of syneburn (synephrine) would i need to take to see pretty good results?? and im 5'11 225lbs wanting to drop another maybe 15-20 more lbs...appreciate the feedback guys!
    I'd suggest starting a new thread if you want the best responses.

Also, aside from Lean FX, I'm unaware of what those products are - so when you post it, you may want to link out or copy/paste ingredient profiles.
  18. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FINEMNT View Post
    Exactly what JBryan said, you don't have to be a good cook.

This is my advice:
    Get yourself a griller, like the Foreman grill (not the most expensive either). Just season your meats with different spices. I use Mrs. Dash, has no sodium. Pop them on the griller, and wallaaa, 15 min later or less they are done. You can even put some veggies to grill in there as well. Here'a quick list to add on to the other posts:

1) Electric Griller

2) Frozen veggies - you can pop these in a microwave. Saves you time as well. Try seasoning them as well for added flavor.

3) Frozen fruits - you can even eat these frozen for a different texture. Great for adding to protein shakes/smoothies.

4) Low fat yogurt - Greek yogurt is best in my opinion. Tons of protein, and less carbs. This is my trick to greek yogurt: buy the plain one, it's mostly pure protein. Buy some sugar free fruit preserves, mix in 1 tablespoon into the greek yogurt and you have created a fat free, low carb, high protein, good tasting snack!

5) Electronic food scale - a staple to weighing your lean meats. It doesn't have to be a pricey one either.

6) Keep a food journal if possible - this will help you refine your diet. You can see where you went wrong. Sometimes you think you are eating enough, and it maybe that you are eating too little.

7) Cardio Cardio Cardio - I'm not a fan, and a lot lifters aren't either. I've added it to my current training plan about 3-4 x per week, 30-45 min and have already lost 4%bf in 3 weeks. Try different cardio machines, not just treadmills. With your style of lifting, this will add greater fat loss. Try HIIT (high intensity interval training) when time is a factor.

Just be consistent, the fat and pounds will come off. I've made my share of mistakes not being consistent to good nutrition and training and now I'm paying for them .
    for your own learning, the word is VOILA....

not busting balls or anything just thought you should know.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  285 lbs.
    Answers

Hey im in the same boat. For us big guys it not about the muscle yet. Cardio and calorie restriction. Take a spin class a couple day of the week. Gotta get your liver cleanse. Do the master cleanse and drink senna tea or you will get constipated. You will past cholesteral stones thousands of them. Hard black waxy stones that are fat that is in your liver . Try the liver cleanse dr udas only after the kidney cleanse you have too much fat in your liver to process any fat you could take supplements all day long and they wont do any good. Have your blood work done before and after the cleanse you will find your sugars go way down. You have x sydrome now and your insulin is all out of wack. You will lose about twenty pounds in 10 days dont worry about metabolism dropping it ok it will come back especially when you start losing weight as it will inspire to go farther. As for T get your doctor to get you off androgel and start pinning it is way cheaper.

Get rid of all white flour. I know its hard no bread in the house. Vegies are great and no meat supplement with a good cassein protein powder you need slow constant feed of protein powder. Take some when get up and when you start craving that restaurant. also before you go to bed. L caritine tartrate works wonders as well, dhea AAKG and tribulus. Cycle of your test once in a while.

Been there done that it works. Im 6'3" Used to be 365 now 285 get your est tested as well find a doctor that understands hormones. Most of them dont have a clue and just give test to us big guys as a last ditch.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Belly fat/abs help?
    By sub001 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 12:33 PM
  2. belly fat
    By mikey00843 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 05:42 PM
  3. Belly Fat???!!!
    By Persian1012 in forum Weight Loss