Ultimate cutting solution?

BeserKeRRRR

BeserKeRRRR

Awards
P90x for 3 months, Recreate fat burner for recommended time, Creatine to maintain muscle, and a Keto CKD diet (high fats, low carbs). All of this is aside my whey and my multi vitamins

Sounds good? Im open to suggestions.

BeserKeRRRR

BeserKeRRRR

Awards
A little more specificity: I'm looking to cut down from 20% bf to 10% the fastest and best way possible. This is what I can mainly think of, and the only reason I'm not trying OEP over Recreate is because Recreate has muscle preserving abilities which I am pretty fond of.

S

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
If your doing P90x I wouldn't go completely keto...you'll struggle. I would have some carbs before and after a work out but keep daily intake say sub 100g. You can try lower once you assessed how you perform on this amount.

drchildress

drchildress

Awards
Half-keto diets are not optimal for cutting weight and maintaining muscle. the point of keto is to completely carb deplete and as recent studies suggest your body will switch to using store fats and ketones as its energy source. adding in carbs will only further stress your bodys natural function and potentially release the nasty catabolic hormone cortisol. Starting with a stimulant free fat burner can also reduce unnecessary stress on the body

drchildress

drchildress

Awards
on a second note. I am not a fan of keto dieting. I prefer carb cycling

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Half-keto diets are not optimal for cutting weight and maintaining muscle. the point of keto is to completely carb deplete and as recent studies suggest your body will switch to using store fats and ketones as its energy source. adding in carbs will only further stress your bodys natural function and potentially release the nasty catabolic hormone cortisol. Starting with a stimulant free fat burner can also reduce unnecessary stress on the body
bud cutting weight and fat loss are complety different things

The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
A Scientific Approach to Crash Dieting
By Lyle McDonald

Weight versus fat: they are not the same thing

Every tissue in your body (including muscle, bodyfat, your heart, liver, spleen, kidneys, bones,etc.) weighs a given amount. We could (conceivably anyhow) take them out of your body, plop them on a scale and find out how much they weigh. Your total bodyweight is comprised of the weight ofevery one of those tissues. But only some percentage of your total bodyweight is bodyfat. Researchers and techie types frequently divide the body into two (or more) components including fat mass (the sum total of the bodyfat you have on your body) and lean body mass (everything else). Without getting into unnecessarily technical details about different kinds of bodyfat,
let’s just go from there.

Let’s say that we could magically determine the weight of only your fat cells. Of course, we know your total weight by throwing you on a scale. By dividing the total amount of fat into the total bodyweight, you can determine a bodyfat percentage which represents the percentage of your total
weight is fat.

Lean athletes might only have 5-10% bodyfat, meaning that only 5-10% of their total weight is fat. So a 200 pound athlete with 10% bodyfat is carrying 20 lbs (200 * 0.10 = 20) of bodyfat. The remaining 180 pounds (200 total pounds - 20 pounds of fat = 180 pounds) of weight is muscle, organs,
bones, water, etc. Researchers call the remaining 180 pounds lean body mass or LBM. I’ll be using LBM a lot so make sure and remember what it means: LBM is lean body mass, the amount of your
body that is not fat.

In cases of extreme obesity, a bodyfat percentage of 40-50% or higher is not unheard of. Meaning that nearly 1/2 of that person’s total weight is fat. A 400 pound person with 50% bodyfat is carrying 200 lbs of bodyfat. The other 200 pounds is muscle, organs, bones, etc. Again, 200 poundsof LBM.

Most people fall somewhere between these two extremes. An average male may carry from18-23% bodyfat and an average female somewhere between 25-30% bodyfat. So a male at 180 lbs and 20% bodyfat is carrying 36 pounds of fat and the rest of his weight (144 lbs) is LBM. A 150 pound female at 30% bodyfat has 50 pounds of bodyfat and 100 pounds of LBM.

I bring this up as many (if not most) diet books focus only on weight loss, without making the above distinction. I should note that more current books have finally started to distinguish between fat
loss and weight loss.

C

coolrunnings

Awards
I would be very interested to see your results. Some of my friends have had great results with p90x but haven't had their diet or supplements dialled in.

BeserKeRRRR

BeserKeRRRR

Awards
I'm getting p90x sometime this week, so I'll keep you guys updated on it. Also, My CKD diet involves post workout carbs (around 35g from a delicious protein bar :D) and it's been working great so far (from 185 to 176 in 2 and a half weeks)

On a side note, I have right bundle branch block bradycardia, which means only the left side of my heart is pumping blood, so I have to check with my cardiologist before taking any fat burner medications like recreate, but since it's low stim, I don't believe it'll be a problem :)

BeserKeRRRR

BeserKeRRRR

Awards
Is it necessary for the P90X workout? I'm kinda on a low budget as we speak -.-

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
dnp=the fastest way to get from 20% to 10% bf

edit dont do this

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
Try the HCG diet... eerrrckkkkkkk. A physician in my hometown is actually prescribing HCG to females in the area. I remember talking about this as a fad diet in A&P last year. Wasn't the original study done on starving, pregnant Indian ladies? Oh and my sister's friend got it prescribed and covered, then was told to reduce her calories to slightly over 1000.... hmm...I think the obvious connection goes without saying....

Totally out of place, just a random rant. The prowler's a mofo btw.

BeserKeRRRR

BeserKeRRRR

Awards
Apparently, dnp has caused death before and it's banned by the FDA..

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I did the x last summer, great results as long as you stay consistent. I lost 33 pounds and that was not really having my diet dialed in. My avi pic is 2 weeks post p90x!!!

S

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
When you say adding carbs to a keto diet will stress the body? What do you mean exactly and how? How will adding carbs lead to a pronounced release of cortisol?

Also aren't most forms of 'half-keto' just vairiants of the carb cycling approach? Varying the amount of carbs ingested either during the day or over the course of a week.

blackcj7

blackcj7

Awards
Make sure you keep a food log/journal if your serious about losing weight......

BeserKeRRRR

BeserKeRRRR

Awards
Make sure you keep a food log/journal if your serious about losing weight......
Yeah I track everything down and I have my calculations done. Im eating 2200 calories, 180g of protein, and 149g of fat CKD

BeserKeRRRR

BeserKeRRRR

Awards
*on CKD

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I track everything down and I have my calculations done. Im eating 2200 calories, 180g of protein, and 149g of fat CKD
Have you been following the P90x at the same time? If so for how long? Interested in you noticed any negative performance issues from the low carb diet and high intensity of the dvds.

Why not just do sort of a carb cycle/keto approach to this and just focus on body weights. Something like on days you work out you eat your carbs only post workout and the rest of your day is keto and off days is strictly keto and allow a big refeed that last about 2 days every week or whenever you feel it is needed. Just do full body lifts in the gym twice or 3 times a week. Something like starting strength or madcows 5x5 would be good. I am actually toying with this idea for myself but havent committed to it yet or did the work to figure it all out. Anyway good luck

BeserKeRRRR

BeserKeRRRR

Awards
Have you been following the P90x at the same time? If so for how long? Interested in you noticed any negative performance issues from the low carb diet and high intensity of the dvds.

Why not just do sort of a carb cycle/keto approach to this and just focus on body weights. Something like on days you work out you eat your carbs only post workout and the rest of your day is keto and off days is strictly keto and allow a big refeed that last about 2 days every week or whenever you feel it is needed. Just do full body lifts in the gym twice or 3 times a week. Something like starting strength or madcows 5x5 would be good. I am actually toying with this idea for myself but havent committed to it yet or did the work to figure it all out. Anyway good luck
On the CKD, you actually take in carbs on post workout, which is what im doing, and then just strictly no carbs for the rest of the day and 20g of carbs or less on non workout days.

I'm actually still on a 5x5 routine with iso's that I've incorporated for a few months already, but I'm definitely willing to give p90x a try with the CKD. I'm expecting nothing but rapid fat loss with this :D

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On the CKD, you actually take in carbs on post workout, which is what im doing, and then just strictly no carbs for the rest of the day and 20g of carbs or less on non workout days.

I'm actually still on a 5x5 routine with iso's that I've incorporated for a few months already, but I'm definitely willing to give p90x a try with the CKD. I'm expecting nothing but rapid fat loss with this :D
I think your getting diets confused. On a keto diet such as CKD you only have carbs on your big refeed days. On a TKD type diet small amounts of carbs are used before, during and/or after exercise to provide muscle glycogen.

BeserKeRRRR

BeserKeRRRR

Awards
I think your getting diets confused. On a keto diet such as CKD you only have carbs on your big refeed days. On a TKD type diet small amounts of carbs are used before, during and/or after exercise to provide muscle glycogen.
LMAO, I just realized I was doing a mixture of CKD and TKD, with carb loadin on weekends and post-workout. Surprisingy enough, I'm stil losing weight :p lol thanks for clearing that up for me.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LMAO, I just realized I was doing a mixture of CKD and TKD, with carb loadin on weekends and post-workout. Surprisingy enough, I'm stil losing weight :p lol thanks for clearing that up for me.
hmmm sounds like something that I was suggesting :bling: How long have you been doing this for? Are you in a calorie deficit?

BeserKeRRRR

BeserKeRRRR

Awards
hmmm sounds like something that I was suggesting :bling: How long have you been doing this for? Are you in a calorie deficit?
It's already my third week in, and I've been on a 500 calorie deficit from 2700, which is my maintenance. It's shown some really good results so far and I can't say I'm not happy. I haven't lost any muscle mass either, but I was feeling a little weak on the second week in, but that's faded away already.

BeserKeRRRR

BeserKeRRRR

Awards
Starting p90x tomorrow. Wish me luck guys :)

BeserKeRRRR

BeserKeRRRR

Awards
Don't really care if anyone is interested or not, but Jesus this workout beat the living **** out of me! If youre starting with the lean workout routine for p90x, get ready for a first day of core synergistics. Let just say that you only have two 60 second breaks in a full hour, and I couldn't stop screaming towards the end.. Lol. I blame it on my lack of carbs due to Keto, but im feeling soo much better after the cool down stretches

This second day wasn't as tough with cardio x. It was simple plyometrics, boxing, crossfit training, and HIIT, but it was still pretty tough to deal with. Took an intra-shake with the workout for energy, and just finished eating a carb protein bar with my protein shake and Glutamine, getting ready to hit the showers. Planning on taking my bf% test sometime in the next two weeks to see how that's going :p

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Don't really care if anyone is interested or not, but Jesus this workout beat the living **** out of me! If youre starting with the lean workout routine for p90x, get ready for a first day of core synergistics. Let just say that you only have two 60 second breaks in a full hour, and I couldn't stop screaming towards the end.. Lol. I blame it on my lack of carbs due to Keto, but im feeling soo much better after the cool down stretches

This second day wasn't as tough with cardio x. It was simple plyometrics, boxing, crossfit training, and HIIT, but it was still pretty tough to deal with. Took an intra-shake with the workout for energy, and just finished eating a carb protein bar with my protein shake and Glutamine, getting ready to hit the showers. Planning on taking my bf% test sometime in the next two weeks to see how that's going :p
i tried just the ab workout ... i didnt finish it and i almost died