Best way to take CLA

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Best way to take CLA

Whats the best way to take CLA caps? The directions say take 2 caps twice a day. My question is should CLA be taken with a meal, pre-meal or empty stomach? Also, are there any other tips for taking CLA?

Thanks

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Answers

I haven't taken CLA in a while, but if I recall correctly, it's with meals.

Only advice I'd offer up is don't expect to notice much from what it offers, though it can help. Also may want to consider upping the dose to 6 caps or 6g / day instead.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  3. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheBreeze View Post
    Whats the best way to take CLA caps? The directions say take 2 caps twice a day. My question is should CLA be taken with a meal, pre-meal or empty stomach? Also, are there any other tips for taking CLA?

Thanks
    Depending on the brand of CLA that you have re caps usage (I know Primordial's CLA dosage is 2 caps twice daily. Re timing, take CLA WITH or immediately POST meals (i.e. with something in your stomach).

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Only advice I'd offer up is don't expect to notice much from what it offers, though it can help...
    Definitely agree with this. Effects will take ~3 months to be noticeable - if they are. Just don't expect this to enhance your fat loss - consider it adding good fats to your diet.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks guys. I only wanted to use it cause I had it sitting around. And it actually is PP brand CLA.

Also it doesn't say anything about appetite suppression so Im guessing CLA has no effect on this. Am I correct?

I knew it isn't a quick fix but I have been doing my best to mega dose fish oil around 10g/day lately. Mostly doing this to combat shoulder inflammation but have yet to notice any difference.

I guess I will just use up what I have sitting around and see if it helps at all.

Thanks
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Answers

If you're just using up what's left over, I'd personally just hold onto it til you decide to pick up some more to run it for a while.

And for me, personally, fish oil has never helped with inflammation or anything, but I'd opt for some cissus - that should help.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  6. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheBreeze View Post
    Thanks guys. I only wanted to use it cause I had it sitting around. And it actually is PP brand CLA.

Also it doesn't say anything about appetite suppression so Im guessing CLA has no effect on this. Am I correct?

I knew it isn't a quick fix but I have been doing my best to mega dose fish oil around 10g/day lately. Mostly doing this to combat shoulder inflammation but have yet to notice any difference.

I guess I will just use up what I have sitting around and see if it helps at all.

Thanks
    Ok. Nope, CLA has no effect on appetite - it IS just a "good fat".

If you want some help re inflammation try using something like Osteo-Sport or bulk Cissus - or Erase, as that actually worked the best for me re joints.

~Rosie~

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post

If you want some help re inflammation try using something like Osteo-Sport or bulk Cissus - or Erase, as that actually worked the best for me re joints.

~Rosie~
    I'm curious about the suggestion of Erase helping with joints. From my understanding, estrogen actually can actually be beneficial in this regard. For example, running "dry" pro-hormones can contribute to joint pain due to the lack of it aromatizing to estrogen. Wouldn't Erase produce a similar effect even in individuals who are not running PH's?
  8. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by spimp187 View Post
    I'm curious about the suggestion of Erase helping with joints. From my understanding, estrogen actually can actually be beneficial in this regard. For example, running "dry" pro-hormones can contribute to joint pain due to the lack of it aromatizing to estrogen. Wouldn't Erase produce a similar effect even in individuals who are not running PH's?
    I recommended Erase, as it worked for me in making my joints better (see my review on it in the PES subforum) - even though it is an AI, which should technically have the OPPOSITE effect and dry joints out (especially since I had just run Triazole before starting Erase). Then again, as I mentioned, that was just MY experience, and as we all know, my body is an anomaly when it comes to supplements and they often have the OPPOSITE than intended effect. In the end, it's entirely up to the individual to try it out and see how it goes - Erase is a top-notch product, period!

~Rosie~

9. Registered User
    Answers

Daily exercise is the best way to loss weight and I think you not need to take help of any physiotherapist for that so, do daily exercise and get control on your weight.......
  10. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chrisklinton View Post
    Daily exercise is the best way to loss weight and I think you not need to take help of any physiotherapist for that so, do daily exercise and get control on your weight.......
    He wasn't asking a physiotherapist anything - please read the initial post so that your reply is relevant to the topic.

•