1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.85%
    Achievements Posting Pro

clen with keto diet?

Been on a keto diet and doin cardio for the past 2 weeks now and lost a good 8lbs. Im under 200lbs now, under 30g of carbs, 120g protein and 60-80g of fat a day, i no i should bump up to more protein and i will. But i been wanting to jump on clen since i got an unopened bottle, would clen be good on this diet?

2. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

for starters, with 120g protein + 60-80g of fat a day, you aren't in ketosis, you are just on a starvation diet. for ketosis you'd want to bump up the fat quite a bit, and maybe the protein a little.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.85%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Wouldnt more fat just make me store it and not burn it? I got many diff opinions of how much to consume
    •   

4. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

look at 120g of protein thats 480 calories. at 80g fat thats 720 calories for a total of 1200 calories. I threw you into a calculator as a 25 year old male... it came up with

The results of your calculations are: BMR 1,958 RMR 1,837 (calories)
    Thats if you didn't move. literally. sat on a toilet all day, slept there, had people bring you food.

1.2 Sedentary Little or no exercise and desk 2,350 2,204
    job
    So even if you have a pretty sedentary life (no gym time at all) you are more than 1000 calores below maintenance already.

Getting into real actual ketosis usually requires being closer to maintenance calories, with protein being between .6-.8g/lb of bodyweight (so you are ok there) and fat making up the rest. If you added another 40g of healthy fats you'd probably be better off, if not even a little more than that. As a general rule of thumb, its hard to go into ketosis without fat grams being about equal to protein grams.

And so no, you don't need to use the clen, as you are already losing plenty as you are. its not a race, losing too quickly means losing muscle.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.85%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thanks a lot for the help bro. Def gonna up my intake now and i guess ill wait for clen for another time. Btw, hows that 7keto comin along
  6. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

hard to say so far, but last time I used something similar it started being noticeable around week 2
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.85%
    Achievements Posting Pro

nice, i think i over did it on carbs today. i went to 40 grams, but i need some energy for the gym tomorrow anyway
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.44%

Quote Originally Posted by phatmike0704 View Post
    Wouldnt more fat just make me store it and not burn it? I got many diff opinions of how much to consume
    The general "mantra" of Keto is you have to eat fat to burn fat, so no, upping your fat will not cause you to store it, so long as you keep the carbs low low low in order to keep your body in a state of keto. Go to your local CVS or Walgreens and get some keto sticks to pee on so you know for sure when you have reached that state. Good luck, eat your fats, and watch the FAT melt, while sparing muscle(continue to lift heavy and hard). The sweet thing, for me at least, is when I am in keto, the image in the mirror changes for the better(recomp) but the numbers on the scale dont really drop. For me, that is ideal.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.83%

you need to eat 190g to 250g protein a day. never eat less than your body weight! when your consuming fat during keto you telling your body that your getting plenty of fat. that causes your body to start burning it for energy instead of going into starvation mode. starvation mode causes you to burn muscle and store fat.
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.28%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

Bringin this one back.

So would clen not be as effective while on keto?

Also, could someone please give me a list off foods w/ the healthy fats? I know almonds, olive oil, & natty pnut butter, but what else?

Thanks!
    BPS REP
    SEMPER FI!!
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.85%
    Achievements Posting Pro

if u like pate, thats got a lot of fat and calories, i love that stuff but sucks eating it without bread or crackers
    if blow was characterized as a guy, consider me a homosexual :)
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced View Post
    Bringin this one back.

So would clen not be as effective while on keto?

Also, could someone please give me a list off foods w/ the healthy fats? I know almonds, olive oil, & natty pnut butter, but what else?

Thanks!
    olive oil
    almonds
    walnuts
    avacado
    flax meal (you can make pizza crusts that are keto friendly with this)
    salmon
    mahi
    halibut
    flounder
    omega EFA eggs
    almond milk
    coconut oil (MCT, or medium chain triglycerides)
    chicken
    eggs (some will argue because of the saturated fat content but they should be a staple on a keto diet)
    lean turkey

Also excess protein while on keto will actually knock you out, or keep you from being in deep ketosis due to the fact that your body will use a percentage of the excess to convert into glucose. This means that your blood glucose levels go up, making your body shift slightly out of ketosis.

The sticks can be effective if you do not consume a lot of water around the time you test. I say this because as you intake more water there is going to be a smaller concentration of ketones in the urine. This may skew the results of the "test".

A good diet to follow is Dave Palumbo's variation of CKD because it eliminates a lot of excess saturated and unhealthy fats which may show negative effect on lipids. The idea that you can eat anything and everything with fat and protein is more of an atkins diet, and I bet you that your cholesterol levels will be very very out of whack if you follow something like that.

Clen is a vasoconstrictor, so you may experience elevated blood pressure. I normally see a higher sodium intake on keto myself, so clen is a poor choice for me if my blood pressure is already elevated. High BP for long periods of time has detrimental effects on your cardiovascular system and should be avoided. Some may disagree with me, but a better fit for the keto diet is a couple of short runs of T3 dosed at 50-75mcg. As long as your macros are in place and you keep your body anabolic by not "starving" yourself, you should still see minimal muscle decrease.

Just my two cents fellas. Good luck with anyone running Keto, it can be fun if u do it right.
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.28%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

Great info!! Thanks a ton.
    BPS REP
    SEMPER FI!!
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.27%
    Achievements Posting Pro

What keto diet are you on right now? Fat is your friend, my friend. I eat a pound of bacon and 6-8 eggs for breakfast while in keto.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.47%

Been on a keto diet and doin cardio for the past 2 weeks now and lost a good 8lbs. Im under 200lbs now, under 30g of carbs, 120g protein and 60-80g of fat a day, i no i should bump up to more protein and i will. But i been wanting to jump on clen since i got an unopened bottle, would clen be good on this diet?
    Your mates are gonna start calling you "Anna" soon. Anna Rexia.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.27%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzLightyear View Post
    Your mates are gonna start calling you "Anna" soon. Anna Rexia.
    LOL
  17. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    look at 120g of protein thats 480 calories. at 80g fat thats 720 calories for a total of 1200 calories. I threw you into a calculator as a 25 year old male... it came up with

Thats if you didn't move. literally. sat on a toilet all day, slept there, had people bring you food.

So even if you have a pretty sedentary life (no gym time at all) you are more than 1000 calores below maintenance already.

Getting into real actual ketosis usually requires being closer to maintenance calories, with protein being between .6-.8g/lb of bodyweight (so you are ok there) and fat making up the rest. If you added another 40g of healthy fats you'd probably be better off, if not even a little more than that. As a general rule of thumb, its hard to go into ketosis without fat grams being about equal to protein grams.

And so no, you don't need to use the clen, as you are already losing plenty as you are. its not a race, losing too quickly means losing muscle.

Obviously you used fitday as the cal calculator here correct? that's generally what I use as well. However my problem with fitdays calculator is that when you pick what type of lifestyle you have. For instance if I pick standing work, it calculates it based on me doing standing work for 24 hours, since that's how long a day is. I don't work 24 hours a day, lol. And I don't know how to change that to put in the actual amount of time that I work.

Fitday calculates my maintenance at almost 4k, like 3700, and I can promise you I would be an elephant on 4k calories a day.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  66 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19%

Hi,..
    I've used an EC stack while on Keto. I timed the dosages 30-60 minutes before cardio/workout. This gave me a good sweat plus the caffeine before workout gave me a little extra engery. Moderate cardio was enough for me. I was told to avoid HIIT while on EC because of your elevated heart rate.
    Prince

Similar Forum Threads

1. Clen, Keto, and T3
    By gaijininjapan in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-23-2010, 06:41 PM
  2. Clen / t3 and keto cycle help
    By bjohnson87 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-27-2010, 10:08 AM
  3. Clen or Clen/Keto Combo
    By seunim in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 06:27 AM
  4. Keto and Clen
    By bigbrock in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 11:57 PM
  5. Anabolic diet/keto a good diet for me?
    By johnyq in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 12:31 PM