Green tea(drink or pill)

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
i been dieting and doing cardio for a couple weeks now and dropped a good 6lbs. Im sick of drinking black coffee for energy and my buddy told me that he took green tea for energy and it help him lose more weight. Now im thinking about taking it to boost my metabolism and give me some energy. What would be better, take green tea caps or drink it from the packet? and how much green tea would u need in a day?

passenger

Awards
I think caps are better, because you know exactly how much you get.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
You should know how much youre getting from a drink too, especially if you aren't brewing it fresh. You might want to use a drink in the morning just so you can have what you are used to, a hot beverage to get you going in the morning. The caps probably pack more of a punch tho.

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
think ill just go with both. morning hav a cup and afternoon before workout ill hav a cup and take one 500mg cap of green tea. im just sick of coffee since i dont put sugar or milk in it

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
think ill just go with both. morning hav a cup and afternoon before workout ill hav a cup and take one 500mg cap of green tea. im just sick of coffee since i dont put sugar or milk in it
I'm a sweet and low fan. I know the prostate hype with the stuff but.... im already probly going to have prostate problems, right? lol.

Anyway, the AM cup and afternoon dosing sounds good.

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
I'm a sweet and low fan. I know the prostate hype with the stuff but.... im already probly going to have prostate problems, right? lol.

Anyway, the AM cup and afternoon dosing sounds good.
Eh, i dont think ull get prostate problems. Everything has possible side effects and most of the time no one gets them. I been drinkin my diet soda my whole life and my kidneys are in great and i drink atleast 3 diet sodas a day, well until a couple weeks ago since the diet plan lol. I wanna add sugar but i always regret it

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Go with the pills, just make sure they're potent and high on the EGCG content. NOW brand is my preference for green tea extract. Solid and cheap supplement with good health benefits !

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Eh, i dont think ull get prostate problems. Everything has possible side effects and most of the time no one gets them. I been drinkin my diet soda my whole life and my kidneys are in great and i drink atleast 3 diet sodas a day, well until a couple weeks ago since the diet plan lol. I wanna add sugar but i always regret it
yeah i meant the prostate problems were probably from other bad things, i.e. the things we talk about in other parts of this forum.

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
lmao this could be true

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Go with the pills, just make sure they're potent and high on the EGCG content. NOW brand is my preference for green tea extract. Solid and cheap supplement with good health benefits !
I agree with this. You can buy a bottle of Now EGCG 180 caps for around $13, and it's 45%EGCG.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
I always like pill form because it is so convenient. I have used Prima Force's Lean Green and Primordials Green Tea Caps. Loved them both.

...or just get some 1,3-dimethylamylamine caps and really wake up lol.

spimp187

Awards
I take enough pills as it is so I like to drink my green tea. I used to buy caps, break one open and put the powder in my water. Takes about 30 secs. to make. Now I'm buying the NP bulk green tea extract. Still very convenient. Lately I've been mixing in a little bit of lemon flavored BCAA in with my green tea.

Arnoldji

Awards
yes green tea better as slower wait lose agent but it not work fast like pills if u want lose wait fast then you use pills.

VeganMike

Awards
I wouldn't use the pills just because I'd be wary that your body might not be absorbing the extract.

I'd do it the old fashioned way and make some hot green tea to be on the safe side.

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't use the pills just because I'd be wary that your body might not be absorbing the extract.

I'd do it the old fashioned way and make some hot green tea to be on the safe side.
Gelatin capsules dissolve within minutes, so there's no real concern about absorption from the capsules.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i been dieting and doing cardio for a couple weeks now and dropped a good 6lbs. Im sick of drinking black coffee for energy and my buddy told me that he took green tea for energy and it help him lose more weight. Now im thinking about taking it to boost my metabolism and give me some energy. What would be better, take green tea caps or drink it from the packet? and how much green tea would u need in a day?
I've been drinking Green Tea for a long time - I always have a cup first thing in the morning (generally ~60 minute pre-training) and another after one of my evening meals.

Using Green Tea caps can be more convenient, especially since you don't have to wait for it to brew and then drink it.

I also use supplements that contain Green Tea in them.

At the end of the day, what form of Green Tea you use, and how much you use is up to you.

~Rosie~

laurahill

Awards
I love to drink green tea.I usually drink 3 cup of green tea in a per day.Do not use supplement.Use caps instead of using Supplements.

BuzzLightyear

Awards
Do this. Brew up about 8 tea bags in a jug. Let it sit over night. In the morning, top up the jug with water to make about 2 litres. Refrigerate and then drink it throughout the day. Easy.

imjuschillin

Awards
OK, Im gonna throw my hat in here with I bet the dumbest question in a long time, but, my green tea I get has always been decaffeinated. So, if I switch the the green tea pills (Weider brand) do they contain caffeine? Someone mentioned above using the pills as a 'boost'.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OK, Im gonna throw my hat in here with I bet the dumbest question in a long time, but, my green tea I get has always been decaffeinated. So, if I switch the the green tea pills (Weider brand) do they contain caffeine? Someone mentioned above using the pills as a 'boost'.
Yes, Green Tea Extract contains caffeine (unless is says that it is decaffeinated) - it will say on the product label how much caffeine is in a serving (usually 1-2 caps).

~Rosie~

DaJaP

DaJaP

Awards
just do both, lol. I drink about 36 oz of green tea along with 1 cap 3x a day and it does make a difference. Just try it. If its works, keep it going, its cheap enough. If not, oh well

snuggy

Awards
Green tea can make wonders as long as a healthy diet and a balanced lifestyle are followed. Keep your body hydrated and eat lots of fruits and vegetables to compensate on the minerals and vitamins essential to the body. Practice yoga and meditation to keep your mind and body healthy. Never skip your regular food for tea. Tea is not a compensation for your daily food intake. Keep a track of any body changes, be it weight loss or other reaction in the body. Never drink any slimming tea in excess expecting instant weight loss. Follow the directions properly or consult the doctor.

noakail

Awards
I go for the pills due to convenience. However I love green tea and try to drink it when I have time. Especially when eating Chinese food or food heavy with oil.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
What's been working for me is 500mg green tea extact in 5g leucine with 5drops of stevia taste is ok but remember if it taste to good its more then likelynot good for ya.I only do this for fasted cardio.

Foundation

Awards
Uhh, tea. Nothing is going to beat out the anti-oxidants and other health benefits of tea and the different types of tea like Oolong, White, Green, Black, Herbal, Rooibos, etc. I've always been a huge proponent of tea and it has paid dividends. I can't attest for tea pills or whatever, but I can account for the amazing benefits and overall satisfaction from REAL tea (I'm not talking about the crap in the great value wal-mart section).