2,4 dinitrophenol

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  211 lbs.

2,4 dinitrophenol

If you have any experience with this substance please tell me all about it, I find this fascinating stuff and am curious of how it is in the real world. BTW i am fully aware of its uses, dangers and side effects.
    To get un-naturally big, you gotta do un-natural things

2. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor

What would you like to know?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  211 lbs.

How it went, Length of use, Doseage, Timeing, Overall feeling, Results, Workout routine during, Diet during, Concerns or anything els you think is important info.
    •   

4. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor

I've run it quite a bit. I prefer low dose (200mg) for a long steady run, plenty of anti-oxidants and liver-protectants, skip the cardio, and go as heavy as you can go lifting. Keep your protein intake VERY high, and carb intake mid-range.

Try to take in 1-2 servings of fruit (for the liver-replenishing fructose) every day.

Be ready to sweat a lot, and possibly experience some sleeplessness.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  211 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    I've run it quite a bit. I prefer low dose (200mg) for a long steady run, plenty of anti-oxidants and liver-protectants, skip the cardio, and go as heavy as you can go lifting. Keep your protein intake VERY high, and carb intake mid-range.

Try to take in 1-2 servings of fruit (for the liver-replenishing fructose) every day.

What was the rate of weightloss? and you experienced sleeplessness although its not a stimulant? Nice to know ahead of time. I know its been said to be muscle sparring unlike t3 and also suppresses natural t3 and has somewhat of an anabolic rebound when it's stopped. Did you notice this at all?
    And whats your reasoning for keeping Protein extra high?
  6. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    What was the rate of weightloss? and you experienced sleeplessness although its not a stimulant? Nice to know ahead of time. I know its been said to be muscle sparring unlike t3 and also suppresses natural t3 and has somewhat of an anabolic rebound when it's stopped. Did you notice this at all?
    And whats your reasoning for keeping Protein extra high?
    I would drop around 3 pounds a week...all fat.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  211 lbs.

I would drop around 3 pounds a week...all fat.
    do you think the benefits outweigh the negative?
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  208 lbs.

i have always been super facinated by this stuff, but i have no source so i havent run it. Dsade- this basically uncouples oxidative phosphorilation right, what do you think the effect on cognition is? It would seem that although blood sugar values seems like they would stay constant, APT would become seriously unavailable. Please enlighten me.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  211 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKanezzi View Post
    what do you think the effect on cognition is?
    Hmm, Never thought of that possibility. But I think your body keeps up with manufacturing the ATP it needs, Since its not a lack of ATP that causes death But too high of a body core temperature. And in does DNP cross the blood-brain barrier?
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  208 lbs.

I agree that it seems like your body could keep up with ATP production, but in the face of high stress and mutiple lines of thought it may not be a good idea. Im an RN and I would hate to kill someone due to the fact that my mind wasnt up to par from something.

Still, you cant argue with the results
  11. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor

do you think the benefits outweigh the negative?
    It was for me...except for the insomnia, which NEVER let up.
  12. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor

i have always been super facinated by this stuff, but i have no source so i havent run it. Dsade- this basically uncouples oxidative phosphorilation right, what do you think the effect on cognition is? It would seem that although blood sugar values seems like they would stay constant, APT would become seriously unavailable. Please enlighten me.
    I did some of my finest design work (NOxidant, etc.) while on DNP. You cannot low carb while you're on it, and the carb intake keeps you alert, even if you are lethargic.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.

How it went, Length of use, Doseage, Timeing, Overall feeling, Results, Workout routine during, Diet during, Concerns or anything els you think is important info.
    I've run DNP plenty of times, its a great way to jump start ketosis if u want to get into keto.

I've done it both ways: 800mg for 3 days and 300mg ED for 3 weeks. I prefer the later. With the 800mg for 3 days, you should really know what you are doing with the stuff before attempting this.

Its my opinion that everybody metabolizes dnp differently. Studies on the web indicate the clearance time for dnp to be anywhere from 24 hours to 1 month. For me, I definitely feel the side effects most about 2 hours after taking it and after 12 hours the side effects start to subside. HOWEVER, there is no question that it builds up in the body with each additional dose. I would approximate the half-life at ~36 hours FOR ME. If you have access to it, run lose doses for a few days and see how you feel before jumping in with a higher dose.

The really beautiful thing about DNP is that it causes fat mobility from the mid-section and simultaneously is muscle-sparing. Definitely an increase of body temp is noted. I needed to sleep with a fan pointing at my head to stay cool. I was able to maintain decent stamina in the gym but hydration is SO important. Drink water ALL day, more than usual - it will help. Also vegetable glycerin can help you stay hydrated.

Any other questions please let me know. Most importantly, titrate yourself onto this stuff so you know how much you can handle.
  14. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

if only the raw powder wasn't so nasty to work with
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    if only the raw powder wasn't so nasty to work with
    good point i forgot to mention. its a real b**** to cap it. You'll understand why they used the stuff as a yellow dye back in the 20s.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  208 lbs.

I did some of my finest design work (NOxidant, etc.) while on DNP. You cannot low carb while you're on it, and the carb intake keeps you alert, even if you are lethargic.
    Awesome Matt thx. Do you run anything alongside it? HEAT, Clenviscerate, slinsane, DCP... Or just straight?
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  211 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    good point i forgot to mention. its a real b**** to cap it. You'll understand why they used the stuff as a yellow dye back in the 20s.
    Gotta be able to get ahold of it 1st, easier said then done....
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Are there any special precautions that need to be taken when capping DNP? Is it difficult solely because of its staining properties or does its high flammability come into play. I have considered a short low dose run which is why I ask. I already have an accurate milligram scale, caps, etc.; I would just need to obtain a little DNP powder which is a little harder for those of us who aren't practicing chemists.
  19. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor

Awesome Matt thx. Do you run anything alongside it? HEAT, Clenviscerate, slinsane, DCP... Or just straight?
    Last time I touched it (I lost my source) was a few years ago. I used HEAT Stack, Sesathin, and Thermal Rage (product I designed for Prima Force).
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sapentia View Post
    Are there any special precautions that need to be taken when capping DNP? Is it difficult solely because of its staining properties or does its high flammability come into play. I have considered a short low dose run which is why I ask. I already have an accurate milligram scale, caps, etc.; I would just need to obtain a little DNP powder which is a little harder for those of us who aren't practicing chemists.
    lol - you mean you don't have a stockroom at work where you just grab a kilogram bottle? The flammability isn't an issue while capping just don't smoke a cigarette while doing it. Pretty much just staining is the only precaution. Make sure your pills are accurate and you should be set. Remember, start with low doses and see how you feel. Also, just because you take 400mg and can handle it doesnt mean you can handle running 400mg for a month. If you ASSUME a 36 hour half life

Day1: 400mg
    Day2: Residual 252mg + second dose 400mg = 652mg
    Day3: Residual 411mg + third dose 400mg = 811mg
    Day4: Residual 510mg + fourth dose 400mg = 910mg
    Day5: Residual 574mg + fifth dose 400mg = 974mg
    Day6: Residual 614mg + sixth dose 400mg = 1 gram!

Got it?
    And if your body clears it more slowly then you will have an even higher residual.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

lol - you mean you don't have a stockroom at work where you just grab a kilogram bottle? The flammability isn't an issue while capping just don't smoke a cigarette while doing it. Pretty much just staining is the only precaution. Make sure your pills are accurate and you should be set. Remember, start with low doses and see how you feel. Also, just because you take 400mg and can handle it doesnt mean you can handle running 400mg for a month. If you ASSUME a 36 hour half life

Day1: 400mg
    Day2: Residual 252mg + second dose 400mg = 652mg
    Day3: Residual 411mg + third dose 400mg = 811mg
    Day4: Residual 510mg + fourth dose 400mg = 910mg
    Day5: Residual 574mg + fifth dose 400mg = 974mg
    Day6: Residual 614mg + sixth dose 400mg = 1 gram!

Got it?
    And if your body clears it more slowly then you will have an even higher residual.
    Thanks Crazy. If I decide to run it I will titrate up starting at no more than 100mg and probably not exceeding 200mg per day.

The interesting thing is that DNP at a very precise dosing can extend life by lowering ROS (Reactive Oxygen Species) in the mitochondria. I believe this has been shown in mice but not humans. I know there are current projects being conducted to further examine mitochondrial uncoupling as a means of extending life and slowing down the process of aging.

Finding a domestic source seems very difficult and I would be very reluctant to order from the most prominent web supplier dnpweb.com/ar. I don't think these guys provide COA's or anything. The only domestic alternative seems to be through a research chemical supplier which would require the appearance of an authentic need for the compound. At home research project exploring the Mitochondrial Free Radical Theory of Aging!
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sapentia View Post
    Thanks Crazy. If I decide to run it I will titrate up starting at no more than 100mg and probably not exceeding 200mg per day.

The interesting thing is that DNP at a very precise dosing can extend life by lowering ROS (Reactive Oxygen Species) in the mitochondria. I believe this has been shown in mice but not humans. I know there are current projects being conducted to further examine mitochondrial uncoupling as a means of extending life and slowing down the process of aging.

Finding a domestic source seems very difficult and I would be very reluctant to order from the most prominent web supplier dnpweb.com/ar. I don't think these guys provide COA's or anything. The only domestic alternative seems to be through a research chemical supplier which would require the appearance of an authentic need for the compound. At home research project exploring the Mitochondrial Free Radical Theory of Aging!
    DNP is commonly used in the research lab as a non-nucleophilic reducing agent, if that helps. You can safely start at 200mg but don't go any higher. You should reach max residual after 8 days, so 200mg ED for 10 days should give you a pretty good idea of the sides. That would be my recommendation for a starting cycle. And 200mg for 10 days should yield great results too.
  23. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

And 200mg for 10 days should yield great results too.
    great results, plus yellow stained armpits in your t-shirts, and having to change the sheets on your bed daily from sweating so heavy at night
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.

great results, plus yellow stained armpits in your t-shirts, and having to change the sheets on your bed daily from sweating so heavy at night
    They can't figure out why the white porcelain of the urinal at work is now stained yellow. Some sides do come in handy tho. They sent me home sick one day because the whites of my eyes turned yellow and you know when you've back-washed some saliva into your water bottle because the water develops a yellow tint. O and don't forget being able to locate other "fluids" that may be inside a sock or something.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

keeping protein VERY high is not a good idea.

amino acids cannot refuel ATP stores, therefore making dnp anti-catabolic.

OP, imo dnp makes every other weighloss supp inadequate.

for example, if I go on a test/tren/winny cycle for 12 weeks with intense strict diet and cardio for 12 weeks, which would cost over a grand, I can get the same results with 2 weeks of dnp which costs roughly 20 times less then that, eat whatever the **** I want(literally- I ate 4k at 1gram dnp and lost 8 pounds of solid fat a week). pretty sure I gained muscle too which I could see and feel after the dnp was outta my system

it is, without a doubt by a light year, the most impressive drug I have ver used. your physique will transform by the day.

the main worry with is it that everyone's like "omfgy ur gunna die", but I honestly don't believe it to be that dangerous

worst side for me was that I couldnt control my bowels, srs. I shat myself at a lecture, needless to say from now on Im only gonna run it during the hoidays lol
  26. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryH View Post
    worst side for me was that I couldnt control my bowels, srs. I shat myself at a lecture, needless to say from now on Im only gonna run it during the hoidays lol
    because you enjoy shatting yourself on the holidays????
    This space for rent

27. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor

It's a Festivus tradition!
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.

LMAO

ahh -thanks erik, i needed to laugh like that.

hungry - i never had that problem on DNP. Do you consistently get this side?
  29. Registered User

Anabolics 2004 Dnp Section

"DNP (2,4- Dinitrophenol)

Dnp is one of the most controversial drugs in use by bodybuilders today. This agent is not sold for human use anywhere in the world at this time, but it is readily available as an industrial chemical. Among other things, it is used as an intermediary for the production of certain dyes, for photographic development, as a fungicide, in wood pressure-treatment to prevent rotting, and as an insecticide. Although quite incongruous with this list of strong industrial/chemical uses, it was also sold a long time ago as a diet drug for humans. In fact, it was the first synthetic drug that was ever used for weight reduction in this country. Popular brand names included Dinitriso, Nitromet, Dinitrenal and Alpha Dinitrophenol, and at the peak of DNP's popularity could be found in pharmacies all across the country.

As the story goes, the fat-loss properties of DNP were first noticed during World War 1, when overweight men working with DNP in munitions plants started losing substantial amounts of weight. It did not take very long for this chemical to be packaged as a drug product, and by 1935 more than 100,000 Americans had used "patent medicine" remedies that included DNP. It was being widely advertised as a new, safe and effective way to get thin. But it didn't take long for reports of side effects to start pouring in. One such incident involved a dozen women in California, who were temporarily blinded by the drug. Numerous reports of Dnp linked cataracts were coming in from all over, from countries like the U.S., France and Italy. It was said to be happening with doses as little as 100mg daily when taken for longer periods. With such highly unfavorable safety reports, the drug was soon pulled. By 1938, just three years later, it was off the market for goo.

Dintrophenol induces weight loss by uncoupling oxidative phosphorylation, thereby markedly increasing the metabolic rate and body temperature. While this is an extremely effective way of producing rapid weight loss, it may allow body temperature to rise to levels that can be damaging, even fatal. Writer Carl Malmberg made perhaps one of the earliest and most famous quotes about this back in the 1930's, when he reported about a physician who was "literally cooked to death" from using it. This was no isolated case either, and the dose used was probably not frighteningly high. A man recently died on Long Island, for example, after taking DNP for only four days. The dose used was reportedly 600mg per day, just three capsules of the now underground "standard" amount of 200mg. No doubt he thought the dose he was using was going to be safe - it wasn't.

The typical dose used by bodybuilders is reportedly 2mg per kg of bodyweight each day. This would mean a dose of 200mg if you in at about 220 pounds. This seems to be the dose most underground sellers of DNP are putting in their capsules. At this level, admittedly, the fat loss can be scary it is so rapid. Some people are capable of losing 1/2 to one pound of fat weight, each and every day, with its use. This can mean a drop of 15 or 20 pounds in only a few weeks. Not many weight-loss drugs even come close to this. But then there are its many potential side effects, including increased heart rate, breathing rate, nausea, elevated body temperature, insomnia, profuse sweating, rash, decreased white blood cell count and death. The strong incidence of any side effect should immediately indicate a need to stop using the drug, unless of course you are dead, in which case this will work itself out.

I was hesitant to even include a profile on this drug in my book, for fear it might entice someone, who otherwise may not have known about it, to use it. But ultimately I decided it would be better to include it. The true story of DNP is a scary one, and now more than ever needs to be told. Bodybuilders need to understand that the reemergence of underground DNP in the 1990's is not a revolutionary new achievement in fat loss, but a scary reiteration of one of our biggest past mistakes. It is a drug from a time when an unregulated market was allowing dangerous chemicals like this to harm the public. The Food and Drug Administration(FDA) exists today because we need to protect ourselves from things like this. The lessons learned in the 1930's should not be forgotten. DNP is a dangerous drug, and should be avoided. There are much safer ways of losing fat!"

-William Llewellyn

That wasn't a cut and paste job. I actually took out the book and typed as I read. To me life is too precious to take a chance with a drug like this. Just work hard, eat right and take your vitamins and the fat will eventually come off.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    That wasn't a cut and paste job. I actually took out the book and typed as I read. To me life is to precious to take a chance with a drug like this. Just work hard, eat right and take your vitamins and the fat will eventually come off.
    Thats certainly one mentality and not invalid. Note however, that DNP is no more hazardous than injecting ridiculously high amounts of testosterone, growth hormone, insulin, IGF-1, SARMS, or anything else you see on this site.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  211 lbs.

Bump for more questions, What is the most annoying side at low doses of 200mg ED. Also how obvious is the sweating?

And for those who ran DNP before, Which do you prefer for weight loss aide?clenbuterol/T3/ECA/AAS/DNP
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

Bump for more questions, What is the most annoying side at low doses of 200mg ED. Also how obvious is the sweating?

And for those who ran DNP before, Which do you prefer for weight loss aide?clenbuterol/T3/ECA/AAS/DNP
    thats kinda like saying, what you think is better at muscle building, tribulus/amino acids/or a test tren superdrol deca m1t stack

there is no comparison man.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  211 lbs.

I know, But i figured I would as for opinions because I saw people say they prefer clen/t3.. But I kinda doubt they used DNP before, or they were too afraid to try it and bashed it.

kinda Like when people bash AAS, their just jealous and cant handle pinning themselves
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryH View Post
    thats kinda like saying, what you think is better at muscle building, tribulus/amino acids/or a test tren superdrol deca m1t stack

there is no comparison man.
    He didnt ask to COMPARE them based on effectiveness, he asked what people PREFERRED. Preference may be based on several factors, including effectiveness, and sides etc. To some, the sides may not be worth the reward, thus they may PREFER an EC stack or clen/T3 run over DNP.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.

The most annoying/noticeable sides of DNP usage will always be sweating/heat insensitivity. That being said, EVERYONE is different. I also found that diet has a big effect. If I eat a high carb meal on DNP, I sweat my ass off. Otherwise its bearable at 200mg.

Despite the annoying sides, the effectiveness of DNP will always make it my number one preference for weight loss. Its magic for sure.
    Back.... for real this time
  36. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

The inability to sleep is the worst side effect, and there is no point of adding anything but 25mcg of t3 isn't the worst.
    This space for rent

37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  211 lbs.

What type of support supplements are needed? Also, would your t3 levels get suppressed at a low dose of 200mg ED?

And I have seen some warnings of DNP eating up muscle like t3, Is this true or just a scare tactic?
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.

What type of support supplements are needed? Also, would your t3 levels get suppressed at a low dose of 200mg ED?

And I have seen some warnings of DNP eating up muscle like t3, Is this true or just a scare tactic?
    some ppl think you need thyroid support - i say no but i have run T3/DNP cuts and they are sweet. I havent seen any studies particularly looking at throid levels as a function of duration on dnp. DNP is muscle sparing, unlike T3, because muscle can not be used to replenish the ATP DNP consumes.
    Back.... for real this time
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  211 lbs.

Bump, Is the anabolic rebound effect from DNP true or broscience? I herd it's caused from 2 things; Your body adapts to activate more muscle fibers to compensate for the weakness caused by glycogen depletions, or your body replicates more mitochondria to help replenish the atp. Anyone notice this?
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

Bump, Is the anabolic rebound effect from DNP true or broscience? I herd it's caused from 2 things; Your body adapts to activate more muscle fibers to compensate for the weakness caused by glycogen depletions, or your body replicates more mitochondria to help replenish the atp. Anyone notice this?
    I gained muscle after my dnp cycle, for sure. The fat rebound was very minimal also, despite going stright into bulking
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. DNP (2 4-dinitrophenol)
    By Hyde12 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 11:10 AM