Cheat meals??? - AnabolicMinds.com

Cheat meals???

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Cheat meals???

Applying cheat meals in my program of losing weight, would that be a problem?

2. Ms9

Its ok. Just not once a day maybe twice a week. And when you cheat it doesn't mean eat wings, pizza, and ice cream.
  3. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by TipTopShape View Post
    Applying cheat meals in my program of losing weight, would that be a problem?
    Not at all - if anything, it will HELP your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms9 View Post
    Its ok. Just not once a day maybe twice a week. And when you cheat it doesn't mean eat wings, pizza, and ice cream.
    I beg to differ, but since we're all different, what we can each get away with will be quite different

~Rosie~
    The Primordial Woman
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

People confuse a refeed with a cheal meal and use them interchangeably, even though they aren't.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.

...what are you supposed to eat on a cheat day, then?
    Celtic Labs Rep

PHFSupplements.com
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.

It's ok to give into temptation from time to time. Just don't overdo it. Helps progress because you are less "tired" of the same routine after you finish up a cheat meal.

And a refeed I agree is different. I think both things have their purpose, and can be done right and both be done wrong.
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
  7. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCharm View Post
    It's ok to give into temptation from time to time. Just don't overdo it. Helps progress because you are less "tired" of the same routine after you finish up a cheat meal.
    Also, it still lets you enjoy social occasions with friends and family. I don't think many of us either have our whole circle of friends and families dieting along with us, nor do we want to be hermits.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.

That's true. I think that's a perfect time for a cheat meal. A social event, you have a little more carbs or something then what's in your normal diet. But that's not going to kill you. What would kill you is going to hooters and splitting a 50 piece and 2 pitchers with your buddy!

We count calories and macros daily and they must stay consistent all the time for progress to be made, one day of higher cals (as long as its not ridiculous) is not going to stop progress, but if anything confuse your body which has already adjusted to your diet.

A refeed like on a low carb diet lets you reload glycogen stores in your muscles so that you can train with the same intensity as you would be able to on a moderate/ high carb diet. You plan your workouts around the diet and vice versa.
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

http://www.ppcchicago.com/articles/f...otolerance.php

I follow all of his guidelines, and its never stalled anything. In fact, its my opinion that it has sped the process up, and made the entire task as painless as possible.
  10. Ms9

Quote Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    ...what are you supposed to eat on a cheat day, then?
    Oh I just meant not all 3 at once.
  11. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You've never seen one of my REGULAR meals, LOL (then again, I never recommend what I do to ANYone).
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.

I guess this depends on what your goals are. I hover around 8 percent, dont compete, and will eat a whole damn pizza for my 1 to 3 cheat meals per week. I eat on weekends with my friends and relax. I think the next morning, I look my best too! Pumped as hell!
  13. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

It's not a cheat meal if your still in a defecit! =] sometimes Ill eat just protein with some light carbs for lunch, than for dinne get a double burger or something with a protein shake and i still come in u der maintainance! It's all in how you do it. Not that i do that everyday but maybe once or twice a week.
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.

Phew.

Scared me.
    Celtic Labs Rep

PHFSupplements.com
  15. New Member

My fiance and i have refeed days and we tend to have a cheat meal on those days BUT the cheats come early in the day. IT makes a huge difference rather than in the evening persay... Fat has a huge impact on the rate carbs are absorbed..
  16. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by team180 View Post
    My fiance and i have refeed days and we tend to have a cheat meal on those days BUT the cheats come early in the day. IT makes a huge difference rather than in the evening persay... Fat has a huge impact on the rate carbs are absorbed..
    Having cheat meals early in the day is tough because it causes most people to throw there dieting out the window. In more of a practical sense it's better make it dinner so you don't have any more meals to break your diet with, this is per lyle mcdonalds reccomendaion.

There's nothing wrong with eating Late. When I'm dieting for fat loss like I am right now. I only eat two meals a day. One at 12, and one at 8pm. Than i start my 16 hour fast. Both meals are usually massive meals that keep my full for hours to come.

I don't have a cheat meal on my carb load days. Since a carb load has to bring you over your maintance I don't like having alot of fat floating around while in such a state of a caloric surplus. Since your body loves storing fat as fat when it's in a caloric surplus, it's a dangerous time to eat alot of fat. My last carb load day was on fri, I ate about 175 g protein, 20g fat, 600 carbs.

I keep all my chest meals on days when I'm in a caloric defecit or at maintainance at most. I will usually have a couple tuna sandwitches sometimes skip the bread, 2 shakes and than a big cheat meal and still lose a little that day. Especially if i added cardio.
  17. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZamaMan View Post
    Having cheat meals early in the day is tough because it causes most people to throw there dieting out the window. In more of a practical sense it's better make it dinner so you don't have any more meals to break your diet with, this is per lyle mcdonalds reccomendaion.

There's nothing wrong with eating Late. When I'm dieting for fat loss like I am right now. I only eat two meals a day. One at 12, and one at 8pm. Than i start my 16 hour fast. Both meals are usually massive meals that keep my full for hours to come.

I don't have a cheat meal on my carb load days. Since a carb load has to bring you over your maintance I don't like having alot of fat floating around while in such a state of a caloric surplus. Since your body loves storing fat as fat when it's in a caloric surplus, it's a dangerous time to eat alot of fat. My last carb load day was on fri, I ate about 175 g protein, 20g fat, 600 carbs.

I keep all my chest meals on days when I'm in a caloric defecit or at maintainance at most. I will usually have a couple tuna sandwitches sometimes skip the bread, 2 shakes and than a big cheat meal and still lose a little that day. Especially if i added cardio.
    Thats great! It really is..
  18. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by team180 View Post
    Thats great! It really is..
    Bad thing about the Internet is I can't tell if that's sarcasm. Lol I'm guessing sarcasm
  19. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZamaMan View Post
    Bad thing about the Internet is I can't tell if that's sarcasm. Lol I'm guessing sarcasm
    HAHA Maybe
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. cheat meals
    By tubbednova in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 12:40 PM
  2. Cheat meals that arent cheat meals
    By SouthernCharm in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 02:12 PM
  3. Cheat Meals...