CKD----Anabolic Diet???

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've been doing a ckd diet eating low-zero carbs, high fat/high protein for 6 days
and then a high carb refeed on the 7th day..Results have been pretty good,I just started reading the Anabolic Diet which so far i think is an awesome book.My question for someone more knowledgable out there is that one of the differences between these 2 diets is on your refeed day on ckd your supposed to keep your total fat to a minimal level where anabolic diet says that you still need to eat a good ammount of fat..Am i understanding this wrong??So far on ckd refeed day, i've been trying to eat almost no fat at all while eating about 400g of carbs..which method do you think is correct..

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
If you're breaking it up like that, keep fat low on your carb days.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you're breaking it up like that, keep fat low on your carb days.
Yeah that's what i thought,but in the anabolic diet he says you still have to eat fat on the refeed day.. And it seems like he's not implying a low ammount

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
Yeah that's what i thought,but in the anabolic diet he says you still have to eat fat on the refeed day.. And it seems like he's not implying a low ammount
I trust lyle mcdonald more... 50 grams of less on refeed.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I trust lyle mcdonald more... 50 grams of less on refeed.
yeah that's what i was leaning towards,it makes more sense to me this way..your trying to saturate your muscles with with glycogen and to raise leptin..It seems like too much fat on that day might get stored as fat..something you definately don't want on a cut

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
It has more to do with the fact the high levels fat effect the insulin levels in addition to glycogen replenishment, not as much gaining fat.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It has more to do with the fact the high levels fat effect the insulin levels in addition to glycogen replenishment, not as much gaining fat.
I've definately got more to learn..But the pounds are dropping and i'm down 2.5 inches on the waist.