The Poor-ass Diet 2.0

SuppKnight

SuppKnight

Awards
I had to close the first one due to trolling, but I'll redo my log here:

Basically, what I'm doing is trying to eat the same way a very poor person would, on a budget of $40 a week. I may have to make the disclaimer that this is not my real budget, but it is the one I have been and will continue using for this diet.

I started at 223.8 lbs two weeks ago and I'm down to 215 lbs.

My diet has consisted of Top Ramen, Vienna Sausages, single ham and cheese sandwiches, Lipton/Knorr microwave rice with flavoring, and the like. My work requires that I spend most of the day in the office, so it is not hard to follow this diet.

My goal is to go down to 200 lbs. before my wife and kids come back from their trip to visit her family abroad, on November 22. I have about 37 days to do it.

15 extra lbs. in 37 days sounds pretty hard, especially after having lost the easy 9 lbs. already, but I'll try this out.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Unless you're starving yourself, you will not lose 2.5lbs a week for 6 weeks. Even then, you'd be losing a good bit of LBM. There are better choices for food with $40 a week. My girlfriend and I together spend $75 a week and we purchase nearly all organic produce.

Your diet makes me cringe.

SuppKnight

SuppKnight

Awards
Unless you're starving yourself, you will not lose 2.5lbs a week for 6 weeks. Even then, you'd be losing a good bit of LBM. There are better choices for food with $40 a week. My girlfriend and I together spend $75 a week and we purchase nearly all organic produce.

Your diet makes me cringe.
Not really starving. I'm eating about 1600 calories a day, which I feel is enough for me. As for LBM, it is worthless; yes I said it, worthless! when it lies under a bunch of fat. Most people delude themselves into thinking that losing 1/3 of a lb. a week for 2 years is the way to go, when you can easily lose 3 lbs. a week (muscle and fat) for 4 months and then start bulking up from scratch. The second way is much easier to do and the results are quickly noticeable, leading to much easier diet maintenance . . . so, cringe away . . .

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Not really starving. I'm eating about 1600 calories a day, which I feel is enough for me. As for LBM, it is worthless; yes I said it, worthless! when it lies under a bunch of fat. Most people delude themselves into thinking that losing 1/3 of a lb. a week for 2 years is the way to go, when you can easily lose 3 lbs. a week (muscle and fat) for 4 months and then start bulking up from scratch. The second way is much easier to do and the results are quickly noticeable, leading to much easier diet maintenance . . . so, cringe away . . .
Agree to disagree. Your way leads to constantly bulking and cutting and never looking like a strength athlete.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
What exactly is the point of this little 'experiment'?
There are much better ways of losing weight healthfully than crappy foods according to an arbitrarily set budget.
Although, by that logic, my plan to bulk using only foods whose names start with vowels seems pretty weak then too!

SuppKnight

SuppKnight

Awards
What exactly is the point of this little 'experiment'?
There are much better ways of losing weight healthfully than crappy foods according to an arbitrarily set budget.
Although, by that logic, my plan to bulk using only foods whose names start with vowels seems pretty weak then too!
hehehe

manicstudio

Awards
That list you have sounds and looks pretty gross...even worse all you gonna end up is looking and being skinny fat and weak n puggy. 40 bucks a week for just youself is easy...go on the anabolic diet and eat white tuna sardines ($1x10cans) eggs and acouple bags of almonds and you are golden...carb back up on w.w pasta and or oats on weekends simple. You losing fat and maintaining strength n more lbm overall. If I can bulk on 6000+ calories a day sorta clean wit 55 bucks a week I'm sure you can...just don't get depress in start spending on useless crap just cuz taste good n make you feel good.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
for 40 bucks a week you could eat 1.5lbs of 96% lean ground meat and protein shakes.

which would hold onto muscle a lot better than ramen noodles and vienna sausages would

my new favorite way to eat ground meat is making meat loaf baked for an hour. tastes awesome and goes down easy.

SynergyIre

Awards
  • Established
My 2 Cents

LBM is well.. what keeps your body functional. Your diet sounds to be full of High GI carbs and the food that is instant / made in a microwave.

Point is, there are ways to achieve essentially the same net loss ( fat loss ) with more healthy options, so you lose the same fat but without losing as much LBM. Getting in some lower GI carbs, add in some nuts for omegas and protein... fruit? Anything of actually nutritional value.

You've gone for something that gives your taste buds a tingle, but is gonna lead to a insulin spike, poor quality energy and longterm could be damaging to your health... for what? So you can FEEL like you're making process faster and for some moral superiority feeling that your method is ahead of the curve and crowd?

I think thats what's pissing people off... It's very short term thinking, eating a piss poor diet for actually staying healthy and alive while saying you're ahead of the curve on weight loss. Why you think there must be a cut of date for this diet is beyond me.. how about cutting till you reach a goal or cutting for a number of weeks, recomp a bit then cut some more if you didn't get as cut as you want.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
i can see why they think youre a troll.