goals

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  303 lbs.
    Answers

goals

Ive been working out for about 6 months and have dropped to 285 from 335 and gotten stronger too. At first i could barely bench 135 6 times (admittedly pathetic) and now can do 225 3 times, i know still not alot but def is progressing. Now i would like to set some year end goals. What is a good yet attainable weight by new years. Im thinking 270 because the weight loss is slowing but waist is definatly shrinking still and maybe a bench 250 6reps with 275 max?? Do these seem too easy or unattainable. By the way i lift 3 times week, and cardio 5-6 times. supplements are

oxy-elite
    alpha t-2
    erase
    titanium (just starting)
    orange triad
    fish oil
    asgt (just switched from jack3d)
    GHenerate (just switched from Powerfull_)
    trutein for breakfast and before bed
    whey isolate following work out
    creapure

I think i got all the basis covered, if im missing something let me know or if there are a better supplement to what i have

ps...i know many will say diet and nutrition....i have fixed things in that dept, not gonna lie and say its perfect but pretty healthy

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  217.0 lbs.
    Answers

Damn, man! I have eaten like a disgusting pig for years, to the point of stomach aches and dizziness (seriously) and the most I've ever weighed is 230 lbs. How did you . . . how is it possible . . . how did you hit 330 lbs? I really want to know, I mean, I would get a king size popcorn and soda REFILL at the theater twice a week and finish the REFILL as well and never got past 230 lbs. Please let me know what led you to 330 lbs.

As for the diet and exercise: CONGRATULATIONS!!! Losing weight and gaining muscle is one of the greatest feelings in the world. Most people think it is a long and arduous process but it is not: If you live to 70 years and in 1 year you can lose 100 lbs (completely doable) then that is FAST! Keep working hard (you definitely have your work cut out for you) and the results will be even more satisfying that the popcorn refills . . .
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

A 250x6 BP will net you a 290 1RM.

Currently you are at 225x3 which is a 238 1RM.

Even though you should still be rife with newbie gains, this seems unlikely unless your form improves dramatically. Learning how to really bench press usually adds a good 10-20% right off the bat.

The weight loss goal is reasonable if you get your diet in check. Post some daily food logs, or at least macro and total caloric intake numbers. And remember, as you lose weight you need to bring those daily calories down as well.

Post some work outs also.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  303 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SuppKnight View Post
    Damn, man! I have eaten like a disgusting pig for years, to the point of stomach aches and dizziness (seriously) and the most I've ever weighed is 230 lbs. How did you . . . how is it possible . . . how did you hit 330 lbs? I really want to know, I mean, I would get a king size popcorn and soda REFILL at the theater twice a week and finish the REFILL as well and never got past 230 lbs. Please let me know what led you to 330 lbs.

As for the diet and exercise: CONGRATULATIONS!!! Losing weight and gaining muscle is one of the greatest feelings in the world. Most people think it is a long and arduous process but it is not: If you live to 70 years and in 1 year you can lose 100 lbs (completely doable) then that is FAST! Keep working hard (you definitely have your work cut out for you) and the results will be even more satisfying that the popcorn refills . . .
    I was actuallypretty athletic in HighSchool( who wasnt?) then ruptured my achilles and started drinking pretty heavy and smoking alot of weed, which lead to eating pizzas at 3 am and so on. Plus im a chefand am around good food all the time with no self control until recently.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  303 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by carnivalhobo View Post
    A 250x6 BP will net you a 290 1RM.

Currently you are at 225x3 which is a 238 1RM.

Even though you should still be rife with newbie gains, this seems unlikely unless your form improves dramatically. Learning how to really bench press usually adds a good 10-20% right off the bat.

The weight loss goal is reasonable if you get your diet in check. Post some daily food logs, or at least macro and total caloric intake numbers. And remember, as you lose weight you need to bring those daily calories down as well.

Post some work outs also.
    I try to stay aroun 2000-2200 a day, usually eating 4 meals and 2-3 protein shakes per day. Shoot for 40% protein, 40% carbs, and 20% or les in fats. Im not gonna lie and say its strict diet everyday, but a large majority breaks down this way. Workout wise i generally do bench,incline, shoulder presses, cable flys, curls, tri-extensions, lat pulldowns, and deadlifts 3x a week and do leg work once a week
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I think you're wasting your money with the supplements. Being that big, keeping a healthy diet and getting more exercise will cause you to come down. I don't think anyone your height should be on supplements to lose weight until you're under 200. It will come off without the supplements.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best PH For My goals?
    By 808Warrior in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 02:58 PM
  2. HELP WITH MY GOALS
    By bi0hazurd in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 10:11 AM
  3. Your Goals
    By Future in forum General Chat