Kid Needs Help

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4%

Kid Needs Help

Hi Guys FlyMode here, new to the site and all, and I just started really working out hard about 4 months ago because I was really out of shape (not like I'm fit at this very moment.) and after working out for a few months I can see some improvement and I feel amazing, but it's time for me to kick it up a notch, push my body to its limits, and this is the exact reason why I am here.

Lets get the stats Out of the way.

Height:
    5' 10" (1 m 78 cm)
    Waist:
    36" (91.44 cm)
    Weight:
    181 lb (82.3 kg)
    Thighs:
    23.5" (59.69 cm)
    Bodyfat:
    22.2 %
    Calves:
    15" (38.10 cm)
    Chest:
    39.5" (100.33 cm)
    Forearms:
    11.5" (29.21 cm)
    Arms:
    15" (38.10 cm)
    Shoulders:
    48" (121.92 cm)
    Hips:
    39" (99.06 cm)
    Neck:
    16" (40.64 cm)

My 6 month goal is to drop 10% body fat, the final weight could be anywhere from 160-190 pounds. ( you guys are probably saying WTF good luck, but I'm saying determination will get me there.)

I'm fairly strong compared to a lot of people I see around, but I want to be better, and this is where you guys come in, I just need some help and advice, I want to focus on a cut diet/work out, but at the same time see myself getting bigger, and I know its possible, so if you guys could help me with a diet or something and a basic routine, I'd be more than grateful.

I'll be posting my journey from start to finish (measurements, weights, and other body stats.)

All opinions will be appreciated, even the ones saying your fat, quit now (because that will just make me work harder.)

Thanks guys, I appreciate it all.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4%

Can someone just send me a link to a basic diet plan, and a cutting work out.
  3. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by FlyMode View Post
    Hi Guys FlyMode here, new to the site and all, and I just started really working out hard about 4 months ago because I was really out of shape (not like I'm fit at this very moment.) and after working out for a few months I can see some improvement and I feel amazing, but it's time for me to kick it up a notch, push my body to its limits, and this is the exact reason why I am here.

Lets get the stats Out of the way.

Height:
    5' 10" (1 m 78 cm)
    Waist:
    36" (91.44 cm)
    Weight:
    181 lb (82.3 kg)
    Bodyfat:
    22.2 %

My 6 month goal is to drop 10% body fat, the final weight could be anywhere from 160-190 pounds. ( you guys are probably saying WTF good luck, but I'm saying determination will get me there.)

I'm fairly strong compared to a lot of people I see around, but I want to be better, and this is where you guys come in, I just need some help and advice, I want to focus on a cut diet/work out, but at the same time see myself getting bigger, and I know its possible, so if you guys could help me with a diet or something and a basic routine, I'd be more than grateful.
    First off, welcome to AM

Now down to business . . .

Kudos to you for getting off your arse and deciding to something. Having a goal and then making a plan to achieve it is the first step to getting there.

You can definitely lose 10% bodyfat in six months - at a loss of 0.5% bodyfat per week, that's ~20 weeks, so you should get there before six months is up. And actually, if you lost ONLY bodyfat and managed to maintain your current lean body mass, your final body mass at 10% bodyfat is ~156 pounds (unless you gained a little lean body mass over that period - then your body mass might not change or be in the range you mentioned).

If you "focus on a cut diet/work out" I can tell you now that you will NOT get bigger - and working harder will NOT change that fact. Cutting and gaining are on OPPOSITE ends of the diet spectrum.

RECOMPING is gaining muscle mass whilst losing fat or minimizing fat gains. Recomping is a long and slow process, and usually only successfully done by very experienced trainees, because they know how to manipulate their NUTRITION perfectly for it. NUTRITION is the KEY to your success - or lack of - in recomping. Some beginners CAN achieve this, but usually it is because they start exercising and that throws a new variable into the mix of their life.

Because you ARE a beginner, I would recommend that you lose the bodyfat first and get down to 10-15% bodyfat and then focus on making gains in lean body mass - 8-12% bodyfat is where males make the best gains re muscle mass.

Can someone just send me a link to a basic diet plan, and a cutting work out.
    There are so many articles and information out there on fat loss, etc. - seriously, do a SEARCH and don't just expect everyone to give you everything without your own effort. Educating yourself is the best way to learn and get results.

The 3 Keys to Fat Loss contains comprehensive advice and information re nutrition and training for effective and successful fat loss. There is nutrition information and a sample training programme for a beginner in that article. There's a few articles at the end of the page you should read as well.

In saying that, you need to have your nutrition and training tailored to YOU. If you can't be bothered doing the research and taking the effort and time to apply those principles and do this for yourself, then I recommend that you hire a professional who can and will individualize a nutrition plan and training programme specifically for YOU.

~Rosie~
    The Primordial Woman
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4%

Thanks Rosie [= Much Appreciated Help. I read that article you posted, and now I'm going to look for some diets/work outs, it seems that HIIT is a really good cutting workout. I know I cant be lazy, and this is my first step to victory, thanks.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4%

@Rosie Chee Scott Wow, your article is kick ass. I read the whole thing and It was pretty much everything I needed to know (:, Now it is time to stick to a well balance diet and a good excersize. Thanks Again.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.17%

80% of the work is going to be diet for sure. Mix up the workouts for the best results, IMO. If you only do cardio, you'll end up losing some muscle mass. If you only do weights, you won't burn as many calories as you could with cardio. I'd do weights with minimal to no breaks three times a week and 2-3 other days of HIIT style cardio or something similar. Don't overdo the workouts. 40-60 minutes is great. Beyond that isn't going to help, so when you work out, do it like you're running out of time, because you are.
  7. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Thanks Rosie [= Much Appreciated Help. I read that article you posted, and now I'm going to look for some diets/work outs, it seems that HIIT is a really good cutting workout. I know I cant be lazy, and this is my first step to victory, thanks.
    No worries

Yes, HIIT can help a great deal with fat loss, and if you're going to do cardio, then that is what you want to be doing.

@Rosie Chee Scott Wow, your article is kick ass. I read the whole thing and It was pretty much everything I needed to know (:, Now it is time to stick to a well balance diet and a good excersize. Thanks Again.
    Yeppers. Too many people think that there is some "secret" or "magic pill" that will get them results, and it's simply not the case. I wrote it because I see and get asked the same questions over and over, so now the answers are all in one article, and anyone can apply the principles there for effective ad successful fat loss.

~Rosie~
    The Primordial Woman
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4%

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Yeppers. Too many people think that there is some "secret" or "magic pill" that will get them results, and it's simply not the case. I wrote it because I see and get asked the same questions over and over, so now the answers are all in one article, and anyone can apply the principles there for effective ad successful fat loss.

~Rosie~
    The Primordial Woman
    Ahh I see, I always thought there was a magic way, but it just dawned on me that diet,a and hard work is the only way. haha

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRock View Post
    80% of the work is going to be diet for sure. Mix up the workouts for the best results, IMO. If you only do cardio, you'll end up losing some muscle mass. If you only do weights, you won't burn as many calories as you could with cardio. I'd do weights with minimal to no breaks three times a week and 2-3 other days of HIIT style cardio or something similar. Don't overdo the workouts. 40-60 minutes is great. Beyond that isn't going to help, so when you work out, do it like you're running out of time, because you are.
    Yeah for sure, on the average day my diet will be:

7:00am - 2 egg whites, 1 piece of whole wheat toast w/ peanut butter, 1 Mutli Vitamin, 2 Omega3 fish oils.

8:30am - 9:45am - Work Out, Than right after 2 scoop Myfosuion, w/ BCAA

12:00pm - 2 Chicken and Veggie Wraps

3:00pm - Vegie Green Shake

6:00pm - Chicken, W/Rice, and a salad.

(Umm anyone feel free to revise this, If there are mistakes.) This will be an every day eating plan for me, will switch foods around sometimes.

My work outs are always every morning for just over an hour, Monday - Friday: HIIT for 10 Mins, than Full Body, 4 Sets 10-12 or 6-8 depending on what Im working.

And weekends are just plain old down time for me.

Supps I Will be using:

Purple K Craetine
    Free-Access Glutamend
    Vegie Greens
    12,000 BCAA
    Myofusion
    Omega3 Fish Oils
    Multi Vitamins
    Vitamin C
    (Feel free to tell me If I should change these around, add or cut some.)

Thanks Everyone for the help. [=
    (Once this is all settle Im going to post a progress report.)