Cardio impedes weight loss??

  1. Registered User
    NYhomeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    395
    Rep Power
    301
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    7.47%

    Cardio impedes weight loss??


    Can someone PLEASE respond to this guy? He is a user in a forum that I read and is frequently telling people that cardio impedes weight loss and that people can eat as much of fat and protein as they want in order to lose weight. The guy weighs a buck 10, and though I am a paleo proponent myself, I'm seriously worried that someone will take his advice seriously.

    If I am looking to build muscle and burn fat, is it better to run before or after exercising with weights? - Quora

  2. Elite Member
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,473
    Rep Power
    1251927
    Level
    61
    Lv. Percent
    22.62%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    he has a great point actually,

    when i was 23 i hit my leanest by eliminating all cardio and just focusing on weights and diet. i would eat only fat and protein and cut my carbs to under 20grams a day.

    the lack of cardio probably helped support my hormone levels and allowed me to lift and recover better. the additional muscle gains helped increase my resting metabolism.

    i never was so lean in my life, and i did ZERO cardio but i lifted like a madman (but only about 5-6 hours a week total) and did not eat like a normal human.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  3. Banned
    gamer2be08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,988
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by NYhomeboy View Post
    Can someone PLEASE respond to this guy? He is a user in a forum that I read and is frequently telling people that cardio impedes weight loss and that people can eat as much of fat and protein as they want in order to lose weight. The guy weighs a buck 10, and though I am a paleo proponent myself, I'm seriously worried that someone will take his advice seriously.

    If I am looking to build muscle and burn fat, is it better to run before or after exercising with weights? - Quora
    Cutting carbs and increasing fats/proteins can do wonders..
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    pilip99's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    28
    Posts
    352
    Rep Power
    266
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    86.76%

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer2be08 View Post
    Cutting carbs and increasing fats/proteins can do wonders..
    agreed start eating up that peanut butter, olive oil, and whole eggs!
  5. New Member
    lartinos's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    222
    Rep Power
    7163
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    21.31%

    I disagree with this guy. As much as they want? That's a ridiculous statement.
    There is a difference between high intensity cardio and low intensity cardio as well.
  6. New Member
    BlondBombshel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  153 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    86
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    65.85%

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer2be08 View Post
    Cutting carbs and increasing fats/proteins can do wonders..
    As long as you dont do it for too long, too many fats can wreck havoc on cholesterol. Even if you are not doing cardio for fat loss, you should not cut it out completely, how is everyone forgetting cardiovascular health?
  7. Banned
    ZamaMan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    938
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    87.59%

    Cardio at low intensities definetly has it's place in dieting. I wouldn't do I on a really strict 1500 calorie diet but if your eating 1800 cals I think it can help.
  8. Board Supporter
    Nitrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,303
    Rep Power
    804
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    12.05%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pilip99 View Post
    agreed start eating up that peanut butter, olive oil, and whole eggs!
    So eating 1500 calories/day over maintenance levels as long as they are fat and protein will lead to fat loss?
  9. Elite Member
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,473
    Rep Power
    1251927
    Level
    61
    Lv. Percent
    22.62%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by BlondBombshel View Post
    As long as you dont do it for too long, too many fats can wreck havoc on cholesterol. Even if you are not doing cardio for fat loss, you should not cut it out completely, how is everyone forgetting cardiovascular health?
    Myth alert!

    dont forget, your getting more than enough cardiovascular work if you are REALLY weightlifting.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. HIIT weight loss cardio
    By CrazyChemist in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 05:21 PM
  2. weight or cardio? while on eca
    By snyper2k2 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-18-2009, 05:39 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 10:37 PM
  4. cardio for weight loss/ muscle maintanence
    By Marcinator in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 08:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in