Nausea after fasted cardio? - AnabolicMinds.com

Nausea after fasted cardio?

1. Registered User

Nausea after fasted cardio?

So I've begun doing a little bit of fasted cardio to expedite fat loss (20 min at 140bpm). Today was the first day (usually I do some similarly low intensity cardio after a workout), and everything went well until I came home and had breakfast. About 15 minutes after eating, an unbelievable wave of nausea came over me. I've done some fasted cardio before (only 3 or 4 sessions over the past few years) but have never kept up with it because of this feeling afterwards. However, I really want early morning cardio to become a regular part of my regiment, so the questions stands: any way to mitigate the nausea? I was thinking of trying to have a scoop of BCAA's upon waking before cardio, any thoughts?

Thanks

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  186 lbs.

Feels like some OJ always makes me feel better after workouts that make me a little sick. Might have something to do with the low insulin levels post-workout? I'm pretty sure your body needs insulin to digest food and your body might be rejecting it to use the little insulin you have elsewhere. Try it out and let me know...
    EatTrainSleepEatTrainSleepEatT rainSleepEatTrainSleepEatTrain SleepEatTrainSleepEatTrainSlee pEatTrainSleepEatTrainSleepEat TrainSleepEatTrainSleepEatTrai nSleepEatTrainSleep
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Bcaa with glutamine is not a bad idea at all.
    Also make sure the night before you have a decent amount of protein, like 2 scoops casein.
    First time I did fasted cardio i puked all over the side walk. After having bcaa before heading out and some good protein the night before it never happened again.
    •   

4. Registered User

Alright, today was a lot better. Took a scoop of xtend before cardio, and two 500mg vitamin C tablets (in a dextrose base) after. No nausea to speak of once I ate my breakfast later. However, I did go tanning after the morning workout, delaying breakfast by 40min, so maybe it was just that additional time interval that helped out. I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Thanks for the suggestions so far
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Try starting some watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe etc
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Try starting some watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe etc
    Im curious is this before or after working out? I ask only cause if before then thats not truly a fasted cardio right? Or is it?
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mmacrazy View Post
    Im curious is this before or after working out? I ask only cause if before then thats not truly a fasted cardio right? Or is it?
    Staying with a truly fasted cardio you wouldn't eat it before, just after. Watermelon etc is easy on the stomach, helps refill your glycogen stores after the cardio and bides time until one can stomach a real meal. However, I personally almost always eat some fruit before running in the AM. Watermelon especially helps quench my thirst, hydrate me, gives me a good source of fuel for my hard or long runs, and is still light on cals, carbs etc. Of course if your going keto or something that through that out of wack. Some watermelon has sustained me for long runs up to 10 miles in the AM without fatiguing or other sources of energy. These are all my experiences and opinions anyways.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  58 lbs.

I agree that staying with a truly fasted cardio you wouldn't eat it before, just after. Watermelon etc is easy on the stomach, helps refill your glycogen stores after the cardio and bides time until one can stomach a real meal.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Question about fasted cardio
    By drvinnybombat in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 10:38 AM
  2. Fasted Cardio + ECA & BCAA
    By rdj6107 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-29-2010, 08:07 PM
  3. When to eat after fasted cardio.
    By jumpshot903 in forum Training Forum