Too Few Calories???

1. Too Few Calories???

I'm 6'2 and 220 - 31 years old. Already in pretty good shape (in the 4-pk range). I have been experimenting with my diet forever and even gone so far as to keep a log breaking it down by every single cal and gram of pro/carb/fat for the last month. Extremely clean diet, including all the vits, good fats, etc.

I am at a desk 5 days a week (pretty low cal burning stuff), hit the weights hard three times a week for about 45 mins - hour. Stationary bike 2-3 times on off days for 40 minutes in the fat burning heart rate range.

1 other thing. I use 4 tabs of Xenadrine NRG (2 - twice a day) every week day to keep myself humming. I really like this stuff by the way, but I am pretty sensitive to stimulants so it is just right for me.

Without telling you how many calories I am currently using as a benchmark (since I don't want to bias the answers), how many calories do you think someone my size should be eating to be in a maintain/lose a pound or two phase? My goal weight is 215.

I think I am undereating and it is and putting my body into survival mode (slow bmr).

Let me know.

2. Quote Originally Posted by cyberseano
    I'm currently 6' 1" 217lbs - 30 years old.

My BMR is right around 3400 calories.
    For about 8 months I was taking in roughly 1400 calories a day or lower. Very low carbs. WAS 260lbs @ about 30% BF. I KNOW I HAD to of lost muscle durring that time but I was hell bent on losing the weight fast. Just got a divorce and was looking at being out in the market again!

I didn't really know I was so low until I started logging it on fitday.com

As soon as I found out it was that low, I started adjusting my diet to be more within the 2500 calorie range (1000 below BMR) for roughly 2 pound per week lose of fat.

I noticed that even on Stacker 2 and Guggulbolic Extreme I wasn't losing very much fat.
    My metabolism seems to be asleep most of the time.

I dropped down to 1800-2000 calorie range and finally started losing BF again. Some people say I'm too low on calories but anything MORE then that and I start putting on weight. We're all different.

Right now I've been on Methyl-D, Swole, Nitrous for the past 3 weeks and S1+ for the past 2 weeks.
    I'm retaining a lot of water. I went up to 217lbs from about 206lbs 3 weeks ago and that's on 1800-2000 calories /ed !

I can't wait to start cutting and get this water out of me.
    I want to see my abs again damnit!!
    --- I almost think with me it is that I've starved myself to the point that when I do have a blow out cal day I actually feel better. I am starting to think that since I use therms a lot that is why I am not hungrier than I am.

How is the M-D working for you. Seems to be a lot of mixed reviews. I haven't tried any PH yet, but was thinking maybe 1-T/4AD.

3. Quote Originally Posted by cyberseano
    Been @ 6mg /ed for 3 weeks and 1 day now. Roughly @ the 2 week mark I started feeling extreme pain in my Prostate. After sex I would feel shooting pains through it. Also it felt like I was pissing razor-blades plus when I did piss it was just tiny little trickle. I have to sit on the toilet for 30 minutes (no joke) before I felt comfortable to get up.

I was drinking 3 gallons of water each day. At first I thought it was a bladder infection but with all the water I was drinking I just couldn't believe that. After the 3rd time having sex and it feeling that way, I stopped the sex completely. I mean Hell, sex just isn't worth pure torture like that.

Now granted I wasn't taking anything for my prostate so I'm totally to blame but at the same time I never had a problem in the past so I didn't think twice about it.

I picked up some Saw Palmetto and started taking 300mg with each meal. After the second day of Saw Palmetto the pain completely went away. THANK GOD. I thought was gonna die from the pain.
    Now I'm simply taking 150mg with each meal and it's keeping things under control.

Now, with that said, I'm not 100% sure it was only the M-D causing this because I also started 200mg of 1-T and 300mg of 4AD Transdermals /ed about 1 week into my 4 week cycle of M-D.

Again, I've been on 1-T/4AD oral cycles before and never had this type of pain in my prostate EVER. This was crazy pain, like someone was shoving a red hot poker up my ass!!!

So far, within 3 weeks of M-D my strength has gone through the roof. All my weights are up to insane number for me.
    For example:

Triceps Push-down:
    Before M-D, 50lbs 3 sets of 10.
    3 weeks into M-D, 110lbs 3 sets of 8.

Alternating dumbbell curls:
    Before M-D, 30lbs, 3 set of 10.
    3 weeks into M-D, 60lbs, 3 sets of 10.

Bench press
    Before M-D, 225lbs, 3 sets of 10.
    3 weeks into M-D, 275lbs, 3 sets of 10.

Only 1 minor problem now....
    My tendons can't keep up with my new strength. My shoulders and elbows are in extreme pain 90% of the day. I have to ice them about 3-4 times a day just so I can move around.

I've been keeping on my cutting diet but NOT taking any thermos.
    I'm up about 10lbs but I think it's mostly water from the 4AD.
    I'm also using Lipoderm Ultra 2x a day 8pumps each time.
    Not sure if it's helping with the water weight but if it IS, I hate to see what I would look like without the Lipoderm Ultra!

I've noticed a big difference in body composition but I'm not sure if it's the 2 weeks of being on 1T/4AD Trans or the MD.
    I'm curious, what type of results did you get on the 1-T/4AD? Seems to me if they were good, there might not be a whole lot of benefit to MD 20/20 (my new name for MD after reading your message).

Let me know your thoughts. I'm actually thinking maybe going even more conservative at first and doing a 19-Nor/1,4 Andro cycle. (side note, any idea of +/- of 1,4 andro over 1,4 androdiol?. I know the conversion science, but I mean real world experience).

Tell me what your thoughts are on this, you obviously have a lot more first hand experience with this stuff than I do. Just trying to benefit from your experience brother.
    •   

4. Quote Originally Posted by kraftkid
    I'm curious, what type of results did you get on the 1-T/4AD? Seems to me if they were good, there might not be a whole lot of benefit to MD 20/20 (my new name for MD after reading your message).

Let me know your thoughts. I'm actually thinking maybe going even more conservative at first and doing a 19-Nor/1,4 Andro cycle. (side note, any idea of +/- of 1,4 andro over 1,4 androdiol?. I know the conversion science, but I mean real world experience).

Tell me what your thoughts are on this, you obviously have a lot more first hand experience with this stuff than I do. Just trying to benefit from your experience brother.
    PS - Those are crazy strengths gains by the way. I just went back over them to make sure I didn't read it wrong. In the immortal words of Bill Murray from Caddyshack - "So MD's got that going for it".

Similar Forum Threads

1. Too mamy calories
    By itzbubble in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-14-2012, 05:08 PM
  2. how many calories is too much?
    By hugry4more in forum Bulking
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-18-2012, 04:41 PM
  3. How Few Calories is too few?
    By skidalybop50 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 07:07 PM
  4. Too many calories?
    By FlawedGrunt in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-06-2009, 11:02 AM
  5. Hairylarry35's DCP log (and a few more goodies, too!)
    By HairyLarry35 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 02-15-2007, 01:23 PM