Help with pooch belly

Homey

Awards
Help with belly fat

Hey guys/gals,

I need some motivation or reinforcement. I am late 30's, 6 foot tall, and 163 pounds. I have been what you call skinny fat for the past 10 years. I used to be up to 190 pounds, but had lots of fat on me. I don't know my body fat percentage then, but my body fat percentage is now down to 11%.

I have tried to lose fat, while holding on to as much muscle as possible. Even though I only way 163 pounds, I am as lean and ripped as I have ever been.

My problem is that I still have a pudge around the middle. Most of my body fat measurements are around the 9-10mm range. But my abdominal measurement is like 23mm. So that is the last place that my fat is stored.

I have been eating pretty good for the last 18 months. But eating VERY STRICT for the last six months.

Will my belly fat eventually come off? If so, how long will it take?

Here is my current schedule in condensed version.

Weight lifting 2-3 times a week. (no ab workout)
Road Bicycling 4 times a week, for about an hour each time.
Tennis 2-3 times a week, for about an hour and a half each time.

I eat 5-6 small meals a day. I eat lean protein(turkey, chicken breast, natty pb), lots of fruits, and some vegetables. I eat small amounts of nuts also. I need to eat more vegetables, but I just don't like the way most of them taste.

I only eat whole grain bread every few days. I eat oatmeal for breakfast most of the time.

I try to limit the sugar when possible.

No white potatoes, no white bread, no white rice, etc. No cokes. I only drink water.

I feel like my fat loss has stalled. Does anybody see anything I should change? I don't know if my fat loss has stalled, or if it just takes a long time to lose that last bit of body fat around the middle?

Do I need to add abs to my workout? I was always told that abs were made in the kitchen, not in the gym.
Will my belly fat eventually come off? If so, how long will it take?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Homey

Jimbo15

Jimbo15

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • Established
whats your workout look like? you don't have to add abs, but increasing cardio (HIIT), maybe doing squats if you aren't already, will help. Both are good ways to burn fat.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keep the diet going strong. You will get to your goals. What qwerty stated is true, and it will allow you to target your abdomonial area.

The only additional recommendation I would make would be to include a CLA product, I will actually be making an order for this to add to my current cut. CLA is a transfatty acid that is shown in studies to increase the reduction of body fat and prevent fat storage as well.

If you are going to order the Dermatherm, you mine as well add in a bag of CLA from primordial as well:

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
Green tea extract works well too, cheap and effective, alot of guys stack it with dermatherm and cla.

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
for helping lessin muscle loss,
I would rec pp's IBCAA's in yoru water for during your workout and ASGT for preWO kick, pp's green tea caps for extra help with fatloss and hunger and grab a good whey protein and take in 3-4 50g shakes a day to help keep your protein up, this should help put on and keep mucle, also creapure creatine could help also.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
for helping lessin muscle loss,
I would rec pp's IBCAA's in yoru water for during your workout and ASGT for preWO kick, pp's green tea caps for extra help with fatloss and hunger and grab a good whey protein and take in 3-4 50g shakes a day to help keep your protein up, this should help put on and keep mucle, also creapure creatine could help also.
great info. ibcaas so prevent muscle loss when on a calorie deficit

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I doubt your BF% is 11 percent or lower... It is true people hold fat in different places, but if you have a "pooch", im pretty sure you are in the 14-16% range. You got a calliper test right? Those things aren't that accurate. But ya, get dermatherm target. Maybe some DNP, clen, T3 with an anabolic..

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im hoping your not recommending all 3 lol.
That is actually a common stack. Though I would never touch clen, instead I would change for albuterol.

DNP and T3 (I would use T4) should be stacked together.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is actually a common stack. Though I would never touch clen, instead I would change for albuterol.

DNP and T3 (I would use T4) should be stacked together.
Oh, and let me disclaim... I am not advocating using these for anyone here.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Dadams...any reason why you recommend T4 over T3? I have always read T3 is better, but I do have some T4 lying around that I can use.

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
How about this answer. No supps. HIIT. More super sets perhaps. A little more macro adjusting. If no cheats, add one in everyday 10 days. How is water intake? Etc.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, and let me disclaim... I am not advocating using these for anyone here.
I am glad you added that. As I am sure the stack would work for many, someone at 6 feet at 163lbs, probably doesnt have much experiences with running compounds like that, and it should be reserved for someone who is much more experienced.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dadams...any reason why you recommend T4 over T3? I have always read T3 is better, but I do have some T4 lying around that I can use.
Same results, less lethargy. T4 is just over gentler than T3.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I think before you add in supplements, focus a little more time on diet and playing with macros. find your real base metabolism rate and start with a 200-300 calorie deficit, and lift HEAVY with HIGH INTENSITY.

Cheat days are a MUST. Don't eat 1500 calories in one sitting, but allow the cheat meal to "SHOCK" your body because your body will adapt to any diet you put it on.

Then and only when you start seeing progress again, you may add some supplements. Lord knows I tried green tea, but all it did for me was aid as a diuretic. For my cutting cycle in a couple of months, I will be using t3 which kicks your thyroid into high gear. Is it prescribed to obese patients to stimulate and kickstart fatloss. It can be run for long periods at a time in moderation and from everything I have read across boards there is little to no side effects. Clen can only be used for 2 weeks at a time, and can give you the shakes, and ECA stacks will constrict your blood vessels temporarily.

Look at supplements as playing a 3-7% role in your progress. if you give us a more detailed description of your training routine, we may be able to give you some better advice.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
If you lift heavy and do some interval cardio you will lose it as long as your diet is in check. Being late 30's if you wanted to add something hormonal I think androhard would work great in your situation, I believe it is on sale as well right now.