Starting a 4-week cut tomorrow. Menu Help please

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  217.0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.99%

Starting a 4-week cut tomorrow. Menu Help please

I'm aiming to lose 10 lbs in the next month. I lift Mon-Tu and Thu-Fr and play in an Amateur Basketball League on Saturdays.

Here's what I plan to eat for a month:

9:00 a.m. - Morning Shake (1 scoop of Whey 32g, 1 cup of Oatmeal, 2 cups of 1% Milk).

12:00 p.m. - 2 chicken/fish/beef patties with mixed veggies and 2 tsp. Olive Oil.

3:30 p.m. - 1 Peanut Butter Sandwich.

5:00 p.m. - (Pre-Workout) 1 Scoop of Whey 32g in Water, half of creatine serving, liquid aminoacids.

7:00 p.m. - (Post-Workout) 2 Scoops of Whey 64g, 1 cup of Oatmeal, 2 cups of 1% Milk; half of creatine serving.

8:00 p.m. - 1 can of White Tuna in Water with mixed veggies and a Tbsp. of Mayo.

----------------------------------------

I currently weigh about 223 lbs. I would like to get down to 180 eventually but don't want to lose muscle mass. For now, I hope to lose 10 lbs in these 4 weeks.

I appreciate any help/tweaks you guys can make to my diet. I'll be doing it for 4 weeks and switch it up then (either because of a plateau or because I get fvkin tired of the menu . . . or both).

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Good luck man. Im in a Losing weight stage. Trying to lose 30-40 by september 1st.
    Come check out my craziness!!!
    ShredFest2010-JNuTZ SummerBeatdown

RECOVERBRO

3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  217.0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.99%

Quote Originally Posted by JoHNnyNuTZ View Post
    Good luck man. Im in a Losing weight stage. Trying to lose 30-40 by september 1st.
    Come check out my craziness!!!
    ShredFest2010-JNuTZ SummerBeatdown
    Good luck to you as well. I'm subbing yours. My goal is also 40 lbs, although by my next birthday (February). Still, I'd like to lose 20 or more by the end of October.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Good **** man. Yeah I read one of your other logs a while back. You look like your headed in the right direction. Im going for straight weight loss. I know Ill lose some muscle in that short time frame, but thats ok. Im practicing for a half marathon in september. And doing a 5k in august. My body doesnt like running with all this weight. Oh well. But come winter Im going to do a bulk, but this time Im going to keep it clean and slow and steady. I know how to make musckle I just hate losing all the fat.

RECOVERBRO

5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  217.0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.99%

Quote Originally Posted by JoHNnyNuTZ View Post
    Good **** man. Yeah I read one of your other logs a while back. You look like your headed in the right direction. Im going for straight weight loss. I know Ill lose some muscle in that short time frame, but thats ok. Im practicing for a half marathon in september. And doing a 5k in august. My body doesnt like running with all this weight. Oh well. But come winter Im going to do a bulk, but this time Im going to keep it clean and slow and steady. I know how to make musckle I just hate losing all the fat.
    Nice, nice. Yeah, I did a CKD log about a year and a half ago. Lost a lot of weight and got some nice lean mass . . . but I ended up getting sick and having some heart issues (unrelated to the CKD) and had to stop exercising for 9 months, time during which I gained 50 fvkin lbs!!!

Anyways, I was cleared for exercise again and I'm physically and mentally pumped, which means this is about to happen!!!
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.2%

You may want to add 1/2 a cup of cilantro to remove the heavy metals from mercury which is high in tuna.

Considering you are playing basketball on Saturday, try and adjust an increase in carbs just on that day.

Remove the bread from your pb sandwich, and have the PB + fruit. I actually have a workout plan that includes a menu plan, very high level and leaves room to modify to your liking, just stick to the foundation i.e. portion of protein = size of palm, and eat a wack of veggies.

Throw in some Extra Virgin Coconut oil either at the start of your day (nice energy boost) or pre workout.. I have used that with great success, I use to weigh 220LBS, round face pizza gobbling machine, I started Judo, changing my diet and got down to a solid, and I mean solid 180pounds

I would consume 1 tablespoon of ExtraVirgin Coconut Oil day 1, day 2=2 tablespoons ExtraVirgin Coconut Oil, then have for my breakfast 1/2cup oatmeal+1cup frozen fruit either mixed or straight blueberries.

I was consuming the coconut oil+CLA, and It was noticeable no joke.

You may experience some low energy, in which case listen to your body and if you need to add some carbs, some juice will do the trick.

So yeah, those are my observations, and listen to your body. There are some formulas that include fat and carb intake, and I am drawing a blank on where I have that info, and will post tonight at home as I know its there but somewhere in my house

Hope this helps.
    MK9
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  217.0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.99%

Quote Originally Posted by MK9 View Post
    You may want to add 1/2 a cup of cilantro to remove the heavy metals from mercury which is high in tuna.

Considering you are playing basketball on Saturday, try and adjust an increase in carbs just on that day.

Remove the bread from your pb sandwich, and have the PB + fruit. I actually have a workout plan that includes a menu plan, very high level and leaves room to modify to your liking, just stick to the foundation i.e. portion of protein = size of palm, and eat a wack of veggies.

Throw in some Extra Virgin Coconut oil either at the start of your day (nice energy boost) or pre workout.. I have used that with great success, I use to weigh 220LBS, round face pizza gobbling machine, I started Judo, changing my diet and got down to a solid, and I mean solid 180pounds

I would consume 1 tablespoon of ExtraVirgin Coconut Oil day 1, day 2=2 tablespoons ExtraVirgin Coconut Oil, then have for my breakfast 1/2cup oatmeal+1cup frozen fruit either mixed or straight blueberries.

You may experience some low energy, in which case listen to your body and if you need to add some carbs, some juice will do the trick.

So yeah, those are my observations, and listen to your body. There are some formulas that include fat and carb intake, and I am drawing a blank on where I have that info, and will post tonight at home as I know its there but somewhere in my house

Hope this helps.
    MK9
    That's great help, thanks! I will be adding some coconut oil to my meal plan.

As for the PB sandwich, I wanted to keep the bread just to have some noticeable carbs around two hours before my workout. Fruits would do the trick as well, but being such a bread/rice/pasta lover, I'm afraid if I don't keep at least a slice of bread a day the diet will be hell to follow. I might cut to 1 slice instead of 2 and add half a banana or something.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.2%

I hear ya on loving bread and pasta long time LOL!! I have a weakness for cheese . If I dont see it I will not miss it.

Ive been on the straight and narrow for 2 weeks not indulging in that.

Thats a good idea on 1 slice+ a banana, and maybe 1/2 cup raisins right after you workout for the glycogen replacement.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.96%

I`ve been looking for coconut oil and can`t seem to find it. Can either of you guys point me in the right direction? Supermarket, GNC, health food store, etc. No luck.

Quote Originally Posted by MK9 View Post

Hope this helps.
    MK9
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.2%

Make sure its Extra Virgin Coconut oil, if you just get anything else that is not extra virgin, you will feel the wrath of the gag reflex, as its processed using hexane and tastes really bad and I dont think its that good for you.

As for the location, if at a grocery store check out the Ethnic food section, and\or health food aisle.

Check out some of the smaller health food stores, they cater to a more discerning client and will stock that up, and last but not least you can check it out online.

I found the following site directly to the product, its cold pressed which is good.
    Coconut oil

Its not cheap, but cheaper than what I am getting it at which is ~$25.00
    MK9
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.36%

SuppKnight do you do hill sprints? i will be starting these shortly as i've seen a fat mate transform himself with these and semi-sensible eating.

Morning fasted hill sprints seem to be the best fat-loss and conditioning cardio you could wish for
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  179 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.83%

Quote Originally Posted by SuppKnight View Post
    That's great help, thanks! I will be adding some coconut oil to my meal plan.

As for the PB sandwich, I wanted to keep the bread just to have some noticeable carbs around two hours before my workout. Fruits would do the trick as well, but being such a bread/rice/pasta lover, I'm afraid if I don't keep at least a slice of bread a day the diet will be hell to follow. I might cut to 1 slice instead of 2 and add half a banana or something.
    i def agree with the pb + fruit. I smother my bananas and apples with pb as a great snack

Similar Forum Threads

1. Starting PCT tomorrow..
    By Fatal Wisdom in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 06:52 AM
  2. Starting Tomorrow
    By EEmain in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 06:16 PM
  3. Starting tomorrow, flame away
    By DuiLee in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19