GW1516...any first hand user experience?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    reptone's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  206 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    745
    Answers
    0

    GW1516...any first hand user experience?


    I`m looking for people that have actually used or knows someone and has seen results.

  2. Registered User
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Answers
    0


    Hey bro - got your PM. Never used this compound personally and dont know much more than what i read on wikipedia but it looks awesome. I requested some literature through my research lab (I run a chemical engineering group) from GalaxoSmithKline so I'll let you know what's what after I read up on this. Hell, maybe I can coerce a free sample from them.
    Back.... for real this time
  3. Registered User
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Answers
    0


    O and the literature I found was for GW 501516 not GW 1516. Is that what you wanted?
    Back.... for real this time
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    reptone's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  206 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    745
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    O and the literature I found was for GW 501516 not GW 1516. Is that what you wanted?
    It`s the same thing. I don`t know why it`s listed with 2 different names. Maybe like some steroids, you can write it 2 different ways and it`s the same compound. But yes, that`s it.
  5. Board Supporter
    Mr.50's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,219
    Answers
    0


    Im very interested in this too guys....I am actually considering buying some and giving it a try

    Mr.50
  6. Registered User
    reptone's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  206 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    745
    Answers
    0


    Bump...any info?
  7. Registered User
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Answers
    0


    Hey I PM-ed you but for the forum I only read thru the abstracts but basically it looks like a promising compound and id love to give it a run. All the studies im seeing are 6 mos. or less so the long term sides arent well known. I need to read in detail the mechanism of action before i post more and unfortunately im working my ass off lately. When I get a sec i'll read them and post again.
    Back.... for real this time
  8. Registered User
    reptone's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  206 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    745
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    Hey I PM-ed you but for the forum I only read thru the abstracts but basically it looks like a promising compound and id love to give it a run. All the studies im seeing are 6 mos. or less so the long term sides arent well known. I need to read in detail the mechanism of action before i post more and unfortunately im working my ass off lately. When I get a sec i'll read them and post again.
    Thanks, much appreciated.
  9. Registered User
    Ol'Dirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    52
    Answers
    0


    If you fellas don't mind I'm interested in learning about it as well
  10. Registered User
    Gak2356's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7
    Answers
    0


    where can you get it form?
  11. Registered User
    reptone's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  206 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    745
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Gak2356 View Post
    where can you get it form?
    Can`t ask for or name sources here. Anyplace you get your SERM/Research Chemicals should be able to help you out but it`s VERY expensive.
  12. Board Supporter
    Mr.50's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,219
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by reptone View Post
    Can`t ask for or name sources here. Anyplace you get your SERM/Research Chemicals should be able to help you out but it`s VERY expensive.
    One place is reasonable and they just had a sale over the weekend....also it was not clear if it was Buy 1 get 1.....so at that price I was going to buy some but again I would like to learn more....like how long of a run might be needed to see some favorable changes in body comp and fat utilization? and is there any long term risk from a 1-3 month run with it? (I know no one has long term info but even speculation would be something to think about at least)

    Mr.50
  13. Registered User
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Answers
    0


    Ok guys. Based on what I've read, GW1516 functions synergistically with AICAR and taking these two together is highly recommended. A 4 week cycle is what I would recommend but it may be the case that you can be on this drug indefinitely. I wouldn't suggest it until more studies come out.

    The mechanism of action is actually quite outstanding. It appears that the compounds affect certain signaling pathways in the cell, activating exercise-related genes. Essentially, GW1516 might enable the user to expand the genetic matrix. Studies in rats indicated fat loss and muscle growth despite confining the rats to a space too small for adequate exercise.

    The study touts the drug as "exercise in pill form". If I could get my hands on it id probly run a month course. Haven't found adequate infcormation on dosing but ill come back after more research.
    Back.... for real this time
  14. Board Supporter
    Mr.50's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,219
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    Ok guys. Based on what I've read, GW1516 functions synergistically with AICAR and taking these two together is highly recommended. A 4 week cycle is what I would recommend but it may be the case that you can be on this drug indefinitely. I wouldn't suggest it until more studies come out.

    The mechanism of action is actually quite outstanding. It appears that the compounds affect certain signaling pathways in the cell, activating exercise-related genes. Essentially, GW1516 might enable the user to expand the genetic matrix. Studies in rats indicated fat loss and muscle growth despite confining the rats to a space too small for adequate exercise.

    The study touts the drug as "exercise in pill form". If I could get my hands on it id probly run a month course. Haven't found adequate infcormation on dosing but ill come back after more research.
    Problem with the AICAR is that it is very expensive and hard ot come by. The GW1516 is expense but it is available and not totally cost prohibative. There are studies that show the GW1516 works without the AICAR but only with exercise.

    The real risk I am worried about it what effect does it have on muscle we dont really want to effect like cardiac tissue?

    Mr.50
  15. Board Supporter
    Mr.50's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,219
    Answers
    0


    Also anyone have any idea what a normal does of GW1516 would be for a human per day? All at once or split up? I am thinking about giving it a run but I need to get an idea on dosages so I can figure out how much I need to get and if I can afford it?

    Mr.50
  16. Registered User
    Bionic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,685
    Answers
    0


    “Drugs that improve health are not only going to be used by people who have medical problems. They may also be used by people who are healthy - or by athletes who want an edge,” said Evans. He noted that the sports world has long been aware of his lab's work demonstrating a link between PPAR-delta and endurance. What's more, GW1516 has a relatively simple chemical structure and can be synthesized easily. Evans anticipates that athletes will seek their own sources of the drug - if they haven't already.
    You'd think this would have a lot more buzz and that there'd be a plethora of logs by now.
  17. Registered User
    gogojuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7
    Answers
    0


    interesting
  18. Registered User
    athrasherf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2
    Answers
    0


    Anyone ever figure anything out?
  19. Registered User
    Rjr3412's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    110
    Answers
    0


    Any new word on this? Heard from a distributor that they might start carrying it, but without some logs, stuff like dosing, timing, length of cycle, etc. are pretty tough to tell.

    Would we even want to use something that shifts muscle focus to endurance? Or is it all good?

    Sounded interesting regardless.
  20. Registered User
    krogers58's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3
    Answers
    0

    I ran it for a month


    Quote Originally Posted by reptone View Post
    I`m looking for people that have actually used or knows someone and has seen results.

    I ran a log on another site, but can't post a link, due to being a new guy on here. At any rate, my resting heart rate went from 62 to 48, my cardio output went from about 27 calories per minute to 32 calories per minute. I was able to increase my cardio heart rate from 152 to 176 for a sustained 60 minutes. Not such a high cardio rate, I know, but I am 50, so its decent. My body fat went from 12% to 7% (measured by impedence and calipers)and my weight lifting went up about 20% both in weight used and reps. My timed mile, before was sub 5 minutes, but I got down as low as 4:20, and and during the last couple of weeks, I was able to consistently put in sub 4:30 miles.

    The downsides I had, were some issues related to sexual arousal, kind of like what letro does to me. A little cialis and all was well. I also noticed a fluttering in my heart sometimes. I have had that happen years ago, but it returned several times while on GW1516. Overall, my impression is that its like a concentrated winstrol. Maybe 5 times as potent. I liked it, and intend to run it again, if I find myself slipping off of my numbers. The only point I'd make is to start really slow, and work your dosage up, SLOWLY so as not to harm yourself. Who knows, maybe this stuff will make your dick fall off in 5 years.
  21. Board Supporter
    ripped218's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    772
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by krogers58 View Post
    I ran a log on another site, but can't post a link, due to being a new guy on here. At any rate, my resting heart rate went from 62 to 48, my cardio output went from about 27 calories per minute to 32 calories per minute. I was able to increase my cardio heart rate from 152 to 176 for a sustained 60 minutes. Not such a high cardio rate, I know, but I am 50, so its decent. My body fat went from 12% to 7% (measured by impedence and calipers)and my weight lifting went up about 20% both in weight used and reps. My timed mile, before was sub 5 minutes, but I got down as low as 4:20, and and during the last couple of weeks, I was able to consistently put in sub 4:30 miles.

    The downsides I had, were some issues related to sexual arousal, kind of like what letro does to me. A little cialis and all was well. I also noticed a fluttering in my heart sometimes. I have had that happen years ago, but it returned several times while on GW1516. Overall, my impression is that its like a concentrated winstrol. Maybe 5 times as potent. I liked it, and intend to run it again, if I find myself slipping off of my numbers. The only point I'd make is to start really slow, and work your dosage up, SLOWLY so as not to harm yourself. Who knows, maybe this stuff will make your dick fall off in 5 years.
    What was your dosing scheme?
  22. Registered User
    jamesm11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,568
    Answers
    0


    Bump for dosing
  23. Registered User
    Board Sponsor
    mich29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,519
    Answers
    0


    I'd say search around(google) I have seen a few logs on this stuff and they are very positive.def have high hopes for this stuff and so far its delivering
  24. Registered User
    CarpeD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    29
    Answers
    0


    Any new info on this stuff? Anyone else test it out? sounds very promising... well except the whole dick falling off part and all...
  25. Registered User
    crawfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3
    Answers
    0


    Krogers58, thanks for the only user-experience I've seen on this stuff. Any chance you can post your log (even without the link)? I'd love to see the numbers. Or at least share you dosage schedule. Thanks!
  26. Registered User
    808shredded's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    541
    Answers
    0


    There is a log by manbeast who used gw501516. It's in the cycle info. Good info there. Also logs on ostarine also. )
  27. Registered User
    ISU152's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    524
    Answers
    0


    This seems extremely enticing. BF down 5% in 4 weeks while increasing strength? Count me in!
  28. Registered User
    jaydollars's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,436
    Answers
    0


    This stuff injected?
  29. Registered User
    ISU152's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    524
    Answers
    0


    They have tested it orally at 5mg ED for 4 weeks
  30. Registered User
    jaydollars's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,436
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ISU152
    They have tested it orally at 5mg ED for 4 weeks
    On humans?
  31. Registered User
    ISU152's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    524
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jaydollars View Post
    On humans?
    yes
  32. Registered User
    jaydollars's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,436
    Answers
    0


    I read the log at ironmag, l want to see more, I am running a serious cut soon with albuterol, would love to add this if really legit
  33. Registered User
    flame's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by krogers58 View Post
    I ran a log on another site, but can't post a link, due to being a new guy on here. At any rate, my resting heart rate went from 62 to 48, my cardio output went from about 27 calories per minute to 32 calories per minute. I was able to increase my cardio heart rate from 152 to 176 for a sustained 60 minutes. Not such a high cardio rate, I know, but I am 50, so its decent. My body fat went from 12% to 7% (measured by impedence and calipers)and my weight lifting went up about 20% both in weight used and reps. My timed mile, before was sub 5 minutes, but I got down as low as 4:20, and and during the last couple of weeks, I was able to consistently put in sub 4:30 miles.

    The downsides I had, were some issues related to sexual arousal, kind of like what letro does to me. A little cialis and all was well. I also noticed a fluttering in my heart sometimes. I have had that happen years ago, but it returned several times while on GW1516. Overall, my impression is that its like a concentrated winstrol. Maybe 5 times as potent. I liked it, and intend to run it again, if I find myself slipping off of my numbers. The only point I'd make is to start really slow, and work your dosage up, SLOWLY so as not to harm yourself. Who knows, maybe this stuff will make your dick fall off in 5 years.
    Nice
    What was the dosage ? and how maytimes a day/week ? did you use?
  34. Registered User
    TheEigthDwarf's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    49
    Answers
    0


    Kroger I read your post. On ironmagazineforums.com, then research-chemicals, then 143600-gw1516-log.html. very informative. Has me seriously considering it.
  35. Registered User
    BaDgErFaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    426
    Answers
    0


    This sounds very impressive! Anyone else have some firsthand experiences they can share?
  36. Registered User
    IRONPOPE's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    214
    Answers
    0


    i am into week 2 of GW... and I am down 1.1% bodyfat. i have had to tighten my belt a lil more to keep my pants up... it looks like its working so far... mroe to come.
    I am the Father of CLENviscerate
  37. Registered User
    BaDgErFaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    426
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by IRONPOPE View Post
    i am into week 2 of GW... and I am down 1.1% bodyfat. i have had to tighten my belt a lil more to keep my pants up... it looks like its working so far... mroe to come.
    Nice! Sounds good man!
  38. Registered User
    TheEigthDwarf's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    49
    Answers
    0


    Just reread this thread, will be looking for that article in the cycles section. Just ordered some gw1516 and aicar for my pet rat. Hoping to keep a log of his progress as well. I hope it will be of some value and not just a didn't work thread. Won't be till next end of next week I believe that he'll start his protocol.
  39. Registered User
    jamesm11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,568
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by TheEigthDwarf
    Just reread this thread, will be looking for that article in the cycles section. Just ordered some gw1516 and aicar for my pet rat. Hoping to keep a log of his progress as well. I hope it will be of some value and not just a didn't work thread. Won't be till next end of next week I believe that he'll start his protocol.
    Post a link if you log it.
  40. Registered User
    TheEigthDwarf's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    49
    Answers
    0


    I'll probably just post the updates here unless you've got a specific site members tend to view.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. AICAR and GW1516 Who has used this
    By edwitt in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-12-2011, 12:29 AM
  2. User experience with saturated fat.
    By kingdong in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2011, 03:31 PM
  3. Mental Health And Vitamin B12 Go Hand In Hand
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 06:48 PM
  4. Do strength/muscle size go hand in hand ?
    By ReaperX in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-14-2007, 12:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in