Timber's One Month Massacre

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Alright fellas... good to be back.

The plan here is to do a one month lean down. Right now I'm about 190 @ 8-9% BF. Last tested BF about 4 weeks ago with 4 point calipers on the triceps, thigh, hip, and stomach (which was 8%). Will look to get that test run again on or around June 1st (we'll do the lean down during the June calendar month).

I have a specific goal in mind - not weight or BF% wise per say, but visual. Would like to lean up the abdominals a little more... tighten up the lower back / chest - we'll see how things go.

Last few months I've just been eating at maintenance or perhaps a little above. Steady recomp effect over that time period, with some pretty good strength increases. I'd still like to gain 15 more pounds of muscle long term, and I'm really not fully committed to losing muscle in June - but I figure it will be a short little lean down, and I shouldn't have too many ill effects. I intend on doing the leaning with a slight increase in cardio (see below), slightly modified diet (see below), and possibly a bit of supplementation (also see below).

Would obviously love some suggestions... but just keep a few things in mind (most of you know these things already).
  1. No interest in anything hormonal (possible exception of G-Money's Pre-WO suggestion)
  2. Diet must stay relatively low fat (my pancreas is not DTF)
  3. As a result of #2, intensely low carbohydrate diets are not feasible
Resistance Training
TimberSplit has been discontinued. :gives:
Anyway, I parse out the week like this:
  • Monday (Alternates Chest or Shoulders from week to week)
  • Tuesday: Back
  • Wednesday: Whatever I didn't do Monday
  • Thursday: Leg Day
  • Friday: Same as Monday
  • Saturday: Core Day
  • Sunday: Day of Rest, or just an ad-hoc workout
We'll see how the intensity will vary on strength training. I'm fortunate enough to have a training partner / spotter during the week, and we push each other. We're both dieting down here, so we'll see how adjustments may need to be made (particularly on back and especially leg day).

Cardio Training
Cardio is done about 5 of those days (post weights), and consists of incline treadmill work.. alternating between 3.8MPH and 7.0MPH on a 10% incline. Also some boxing / kickboxing. 20 minutes in the norm for treadmill... sometimes 25. Thinking of experimenting with some hot yoga / increasing intensity of some of this if need be...

Supplementation
Here's where I would need some assistance... my main goals here would be the following (in order of importance):
  • Strength Maintenance
  • Accelerated Fat Loss
  • Hunger Suppression
  • Pre-WO Energy (from reduced calories)
  • Vascularity
Caveats here would be that I do NOT want to take any more than 2 or 3 items. I'm thinking of the AT2+OEP stack, and perhaps the LG ASGT (Money's suggestion)... Again, would love to hear some feedback on this. I'll already be taking Creatine (5mg wake + 5mg PostWO), and of course protein. 2 or 3 supplements is a big step up for me, considering I've been taking nothing for the past 9 months.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Intake

Diet:
The bulk of my calories are taken in PostWO - as you'll see below. Workouts happen around 7:00, right after the PreWO meal.

Breakfast ~ 8:00AM
Shake consisting of:
  • 1 cup Brown Rice Milk
  • 30g vanilla whey protein
  • 1/2 Banana
  • 1/2 cup Assorted Frozen Fruit (Blueberries, Strawberries, Pineapple)
  • 1 T. Frozen OJ Concentrate
  • 5g creatine
30P / 60C / 0F = 360 kcal

Lunch ~ 12:00PM
  • Salad
50P / 60C /10F = 530 kcal

Snack ~ 3:00PM
  • CLIF Builder Bar
20P / 31C / 8F = 270 kcal

PreWO ~ 6:00PM
  • Shake as per breakfast (minus creatine)
  • 2 slices of whole wheat bread w/ half a banana and natural peanut butter
50P / 110C / 15F = 775 kcal

PostWO ~ 9:00PM
  • Shake as per breakfast (minus creatine)
30P / 60C / 0F = 360 kcal

Dinner ~ 10:00PM
  • About 50g worth of lean meat (chicken or turkey)
  • Some sort of salsa / little bit of green vegetable
  • Occasionally some quinoa - perhaps a little cheese (I try to vary dinner a bit)
50P / 50C / 2F = 418 kcal

Snack ~ 11:30PM
  • Banana with peanut butter OR
  • 1 cup Greek Yogurt w/ 20 raisins w/ 1/4 cup or so of Naked (or similar) granola
35P / 45C / 10F = 410 kcal (yogurt snack)

Macros:
Protein: 265 grams (34%)
Carbohydrate: 416 grams (53%)
Fat: 45 grams (13%)
Calories: 3129

Probably have some extra in there from the milk in my coffees over the course of the day... but usually do not vary much. Intention here is to cut out about 400 to 500 calories a day - here's the ideas I have:

• Kill the PreWO PBnB Sandwich
  • Kill the nighttime snack
  • Kill the Builder Bar snack
Open for suggestions!!

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subbed to SEE this!!!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Whoo wee homie. You're fukkin hyuge too.

Let's start this on a dope note.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isumZjs3dKA&feature=related"]YouTube- Wu Tang-Triumph[/nomedia]

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
You realize what is gonna happen when word gets out you have another log going right? Welcome to the soon to be most popular thread on AM.

BTW, you left for 6-8 months and you still have more rep points than me a-hole.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
This motha f*cka... Welcome back. Which planet were u populating?

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
looking lean and swole homey! glad to see you back

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
What's up guys. Good to see you up in here.

Top two posts are updated to reflect the plan. Interested to hear all of your feedback.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Ok, on the first two posts my advice/opinion would be:

If you use the OEP/AT2 stack... the ASGT has a very strong stimulant effect as well. Neither you or I are scared of that... but it may not be beneficial to fat loss to take in that much stims. I'd go for it myself, but that's just because I have no regard for my obvious OTC stimulant addiction. lol.

An AI will help you dry out and will promote some form of anabolism through raised testosterone. The AI in the ASGT is best used, IMO, alongside something like Formadrol, in which case the effect of the Formadrol will be exaggerated by the ASGT. Formadrol being a natural or plant derived AI, rather than a sterodial AI, like 6-bromo or ATD.

So, I suggest that you use an AI to help you reach your goal of sub 6% bodyfat, it will more than likely make you appear dryer at ANY bodyfat compared to not being on it.

As far as diet goes... I am a firm believer that you can eat carbs as long as you do cardio. Carbless diets are for those who are too lazy to go run or need to be in straight contest condition. They aren't for athelets or the layperson bodybuilder... I just don't think that it is healthy. You don't have to eat 4 bowls of oatmeal a day either. But you get my drift... you can have carbs, just balance it with your cardio. I've personally never been below about where you are right now... I probably could have been with my dedication lately, except my dedication has been to gaining weight and size, not to staying lean. So, it's probably time for me to start the trimming process, however I'm gonna do it slowly until November, and hopefully be close to shredded when I hit that test.

We gotsta figure out what kinda test we wanna pin. I'm amped for November bro!!! :twisted:

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
So you're suggesting OEP+AT2 stack, ASGT (yeah, I don't give a f*ck about over-stim :lol:), + Form?

What Form brands to you recommend? Would you then run a test booster as a simple PCT? Or is that mild enough to go sans?

Amen on the pin.. I need to find a girlfriend in the medical field (that isn't uptight)... :lol:

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
So you're suggesting OEP+AT2 stack, ASGT (yeah, I don't give a f*ck about over-stim :lol:), + Form?

What Form brands to you recommend? Would you then run a test booster as a simple PCT? Or is that mild enough to go sans?

Amen on the pin.. I need to find a girlfriend in the medical field (that isn't uptight)... :lol:
No, Formadrol is an AI made by LG. It isn't formestane.

You could use Formestane though, I would use CEL's topical formestane, it seems to be the most effective.

You don't need a PCT from Formestane or Formadrol. Just don't bathe in the stuff.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
No, Formadrol is an AI made by LG. It isn't formestane.

You could use Formestane though, I would use CEL's topical formestane, it seems to be the most effective.

You don't need a PCT from Formestane or Formadrol. Just don't bathe in the stuff.
Dios mio... I think maybe I'd need an LG sponsorship...

:thinking:

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Honestly formestane + nutrient repartitioner + Ephedrine will do the job.

Carbless diets leave you flat and small. Bodybuilders actually load up big time before a show.

All that stuff G said is good but getting to the bf u want u shouldn't need all those supps. Not to mention the bill. I would focus on a diet you would be comfortable with and THEN plan to supplement it. You'll only get as far as your diet. You do cardio enough so it isn't really a problem but to maintain you don't need a crazy amount.

Might wanna switch up workout plan too, shock + intensity = LBM gain and fat loss.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established

Carbless diets leave you flat and small. Bodybuilders actually load up big time before a show.

All that stuff G said is good but getting to the bf u want u shouldn't need all those supps. Not to mention the bill. I would focus on a diet you would be comfortable with and THEN plan to supplement it. You'll only get as far as your diet. You do cardio enough so it isn't really a problem but to maintain you don't need a crazy amount.

Might wanna switch up workout plan too, shock + intensity = LBM gain and fat loss.
The workout will be varied. I have some cool sh*t that I'm going to integrate including some bar workouts (pullup bar).

I'd never go carbless... totally pointless. I'm just going for a calorie reduction, keeping similar macros. Just looking for some input on when would be a good time to reduce intake (snacks vs. pre-wo vs. late night)... or food substitutions w/ rationale.

I'm not sold on the nutrient repartitioners. I've had no noticeable effects from Bulk P-Slin, or that diarrhea / gas intensification medication you loved from AppNut. My body deals with carbohydrates pretty well, its the damn fat that kills me. I like the idea of the Pre-WO sup + Form... I also like the ephedrine idea, but the Bronkaid (sulfate) doesn't do it for me. What do you get these days?

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
G is talking about formadrol which is a test booster.

I never took anything I loves from Appnut, too expensive.

Try primatene, it's HCL ephed which is stronger. It's all in the aspirin enhancing effects along with the caffeine. Even if u don't "feel" it you will get lean.

Caveman/anabolic/carb cycling is what i'm doing these days. Stimmed up like a mF*Cker on low carb days. Oep is ok at best, effects diminished quick on me to the point of exceeding recommended doses. Needs to be stacked IMO.

T-2 is the new fat burner. 35% as powerful as T3 but isn't as dangerous. Little science behind it (publicly) but it works. Check out the stack we have running right now with the alpha t-2 and anadraulic state preworkout.? You might be able to get sponsored by LG...a welcome back/take timber to the next level?

In the time u were gone bunch of stuff went down. Bannings,vagina growing, year round steroid cycling. Haven't seen buster around either.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
G is talking about formadrol which is a test booster.

I never took anything I loves from Appnut, too expensive.

Try primatene, it's HCL ephed which is stronger. It's all in the aspirin enhancing effects along with the caffeine. Even if u don't "feel" it you will get lean.

Caveman/anabolic/carb cycling is what i'm doing these days. Stimmed up like a mF*Cker on low carb days. Oep is ok at best, effects diminished quick on me to the point of exceeding recommended doses. Needs to be stacked IMO.

T-2 is the new fat burner. 35% as powerful as T3 but isn't as dangerous. Little science behind it (publicly) but it works. Check out the stack we have running right now with the alpha t-2 and anadraulic state preworkout.? You might be able to get sponsored by LG...a welcome back/take timber to the next level?

In the time u were gone bunch of stuff went down. Bannings,vagina growing, year round steroid cycling. Haven't seen buster around either.
So we're lookin at ASGT + Formadrol Extreme... both by LG.

As well as AT2. This AT2 is getting good reviews?

Will look into Primatene. Sulfate is good for medicinal purposes (congestion) but not so much on the supplementation side.

I see an AT2 + OEP, and an AT2 + Jacked Stack, AT2 + Lxtreme... nothing with ASGT. Link?

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Found the Primatene... Not bad on the price.

AT2 vs Ephedrine... Probably no sense in running both?

kyoryoko

Awards
I need to follow this. I start my cut soon too. (Saturday most likely)

SUBBED

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
The only thing that jumps out to me that hasn't been mentioned is the late snack. I would not have the banana then. Greek yogurt or cottage cheese or just some casein protein with PB.

Also as mentioned before, try garb cycling. If you normally eat 300-400g of carbs, you can cycle that down to 150-200 and create enough shock to the system. If you just cycle carbs in and out without changing anything else, going down from 400 to 200 for a couple days creates another 800 calorie deficit.

Example:
Days 1 and 2, have 400 carbs.
Days 3-4, do 300.
Days 5-7 have 150-200. Rinse and repeat. 200 carbs aren't low carb so you should see some good results.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I'm not opposed to carb cycling. I can try to vary a bit from day to day - but I do find some solace in eating the same thing day after day... :lol:

So much easier to take control of... I guess thats an easy fix though, by skipping the PreWO sandwhich a couple times a week, and either adding or subtracting quinoa from my dinner...

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established

All those supps? I recommended a Pre-workout and an fairly mild AI.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
someone's lookn a little manorexic :nutkick:

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
U recommended 4 brah
Well brojackson, I thought I suggested that he try those, he suggested that he wanted to use the OEPAT2 combo. Either way, diet and cardio are the keys to getting cut, not supplements, to which I know we both agree.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Honestly just eat double downs, 1 per day and some ice cubes for when u get thirsty.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
double downs?

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
LOL... they have a gram and a half of salt each. yikes.
That was your first problem with it? :toofunny:

By the way... the diet I posted here is my maintenence diet... not my diet meant for the lean down.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Ya and the secret sauce. Funny how noone knows WTF it is.

Sh*ts funny bro, I was at lunch and a group of semi chubby peeps I work with sit around me with their double Downs. They swore their diet was awesome.. No bread and ToNS of protein. I just kept eating my chicken,spinach and sunflower seeds...lmao inside.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established

Sh*ts funny bro, I was at lunch and a group of semi chubby peeps I work with sit around me with their double Downs. They swore their diet was awesome.. No bread and ToNS of protein. I just kept eating my chicken,spinach and sunflower seeds...lmao inside.
easy... I'm one of those semi chubby peeps... :nono:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

money

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Baseline Leg Workout

If I lose these numbers next month... I'll be heartbroken.

Plate Load Leg Press (#s denote per side)
8*3 plates
8*5 plates
3*8*7 plates

Walking Lunges
2 55 pound Kettlebells
4 passes on the floor encompassing 12 lunges (6 ea side)
(hands down, this is the hardest exercise I do)

Squats
8*135
7*225
6*225
(we used to squat first... now its near the end... brutal when your legs are already screaming)

Prone Hammy Curls
10*115
12*130
10*145
7*160

Cardio
25 Min /10% grade / 3.8MPH

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Diet Ideas

Casein Shake: At night instead of my greek parfait... one of the better trainers mentioned a brand he gets at vitamin shoppe... Some kinda chocolate flavor that doesn't taste like farts. I'll try this with water or rice milk.

Cleaning up mid-day snack: Builder Bar has 20 grams of low-GI sugar... but its still sugar. Thinking of packing a snack - maybe tuna... Would prefer something non-perishable (that doesn't smell like ass)... Still thinking on this.

I'm thinking dinner will be pretty close to carb free. May try to weigh my chicken for awhile (need a food scale) to maintain a 50g portion. Spinach and salsa will accompany.

Lunch I'm thinking of bringing chicken + spinach + quinoa w/ salsa or low sugar BBQ sauce. I'd love this as compared to the sh*t food I'm subjected to at the cafeteria downstairs. Just need to make the time on Sunday to cook.

Supplementation... Looks like were going with the LG lineup - ASGT + Form - with ephedrine HCl kickers in the morning and late afternoon. Should be sufficient, but still worth hearing opinions.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Timber is back and even more hardcore than before! You got the training and diet down to the T. Looking forward to seeing some real dedicated progress man :clap2:

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Timber is back and even more hardcore than before! You got the training and diet down to the T. Looking forward to seeing some real dedicated progress man :clap2:
More importantly... good to BE back. I'm stoked for this little slim down month, even though it will be torture at times I'm sure... I've gotten really used to my 3600 calories... :lol: and I really look forward to that granola and yogurt at night.

Last night I got 4-60 tab boxes of Primatene, baby aspirin, and a box of caffeine. If any of you are looking for a cheap caffeine fix - check out drugstore(.)com. They have a brand called Jet, that is the same as NoDoz for like a quarter of the price.

Copped some Brownie Dymatize just now at VS. Going to sub that in at the start of the slim for the month instead of my snack. Much better profile obviously, and should keep me satiated longer.

Ordered my LG Dankness yesterday. Slim Down will commence pretty much the day I receive it. Will continue with my baseline workouts until then - so will report on Chest later this evening and give you a rundown of my new core routine tomorrow morning after I train my clients.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
By the way Met, you have any current pics up? I need to make sure you're not starving yourself... Its been awhile since I last checked in on you. (you know, since that one time when I saved your life)

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I met an amateur photographer at the gym a couple months back.. she took some photos (on the house) at the dungeon. She said she's all about taking some new ones after the slim down as well, which would be sweet.

Here's a couple from last month.

Attachments

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
HI-YAAA!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
By the way Met, you have any current pics up? I need to make sure you're not starving yourself... Its been awhile since I last checked in on you. (you know, since that one time when I saved your life)
those pics look sick man!

No, I dont have any current ones up right now but I'm prob gonna do a transformation thread in the near future. Just been really busy with work. I havent had any time to log.

In your absence, I went from 160 to 190. I'd say about half of it was fat. I have since cut down to about 175ish. I am stronger than I was at 190 and look way leaner. Still a work in progress ;)

Thanks for saving my Brad Pitt ass bra :cheers:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking good already can't wait to see the cut down. Diet looks solid. Rip it up man.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
looks great and welcome back!!!