Which meat for lunch? - AnabolicMinds.com

Which meat for lunch?

1. New Member

Which meat for lunch?

Which meat would be best for lunch? I got thesse for choices: bologna, smoked ham, corn beef, smoked turkey. Id say smoked turkey? Are any of them high in sodium?

2. Banned

Anything lean and low in sodium. You can check the nutrition facts for both of those.
  3. New Member

Where?
    •   

4. Banned

My guess is on the package....
  5. New Member

id go with turkey
  6. New Member

turkey all the way baby!
  7. Elite Member

smoked turkey.. but like YJ said watch the sodium in it.

8. New Member

Originally posted by YellowJacket
    My guess is on the package....
    Alright. Yer a lippy little guy arnt ya.
  9. New Member

K thanks guys.
  10. Banned

Yea I agree the turkey.
  11. New Member

I'd say avoid pressed meat all together. High in salt and hardly any protein. Get some turkey and slice it yourself.
  12. New Member

I like lean turkey, I would stay away from the bologna it has lots of filler crap added.
  13. The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
    Stats
    5'7"  191 lbs.

Originally posted by DarCSA
    I like lean turkey, I would stay away from the bologna it has lots of filler crap added.

oscar meyer makes a good fat free balogna.......off the top of my head...i think its 25 cals per slice, and like at least 5 grams protien per slice..low sodium i think too......6 slices...150 cals...30 grams protien..also has like 0 g carbs per slice...

healthy choice ham and turkey are also pretty good....not sure about the sodium in them though, i forget. 

GO with the turkey all the way. 

h19
  14. New Member

Thanks hamper. Didn't know they made fat free bologna.
  15. Banned

Originally posted by Inzah Dude
    Which meat would be best for lunch? I got thesse for choices: bologna, smoked ham, corn beef, smoked turkey. Id say smoked turkey? Are any of them high in sodium?
    Inzah Dude, you are joking, right? Everything on your list reaks of sodium, and what's even worse, cancer causing preservatives and nitrites. Bologna and hot dogs are like a toxic waste dump, not hardly even digestable. Why can't you either buy oven roasted turkey, or bake your own turkey breast and slice it up?
  16. New Member

Re: Re: Which meat for lunch?

Originally posted by John Benz

Inzah Dude, you are joking, right? Everything on your list reaks of sodium, and what's even worse, cancer causing preservatives and nitrites. Bologna and hot dogs are like a toxic waste dump, not hardly even digestable. Why can't you either buy oven roasted turkey, or bake your own turkey breast and slice it up?
    No Im not joking. Im not an expert on all thsi stuff so thats why I asked the question. And all the stores were closed when my mom came home with these meats so thats all I had a choice of.
  17. New Member

What is alot of sodium? 1000 mg's/meal?
  18. Banned

What is alot of sodium? 1000 mg's/meal?
    1 gram of sodium a meal is a whole lot.....
  19. Elite Member

oh the joy of bologna.. now that should be something to eat then go sit in a class with.. the aromatic properties of it would be just great ;
  20. New Member

Originally posted by YellowJacket

1 gram of sodium a meal is a whole lot.....
    Damn, is there any sites you know of that would help me research all this nutrition stuff. Yer likely gonna get sick of all my questions.
  21. Elite Member

Nah not sick of the questions but here are some sites

http://www.calorieking.com/

http://www.mendosa.com/gilists.htm

http://www.ag.uiuc.edu/~food-lab/nat/ 

See if those will help you out.. if you need anything else feel free to ask.. someone will more than likely be able to help

22. New Member

K today, I had exams and had to go to the store next to the school to eat lunch and all they had was those packaged subs. It had salami, ham and all that so I'm sure it had lots of sodium right? But jweave I think it was, said to take extra potassium cuz it helps. And things like apples and bananas got potassium in them right, so would drinking apple juice be the same? Cuz i had a bottle of apple juice afterwards.
  23. Banned

K today, I had exams and had to go to the store next to the school to eat lunch and all they had was those packaged subs. It had salami, ham and all that so I'm sure it had lots of sodium right? But jweave I think it was, said to take extra potassium cuz it helps. And things like apples and bananas got potassium in them right, so would drinking apple juice be the same? Cuz i had a bottle of apple juice afterwards.
    Inzah Dude, I'not trying to bust your chops here, but for crying out loud, a packaged sub. Let's see now, the bun is made of white flour, which will not even keep a lab rat alive for more than a few days. and even the "whole wheat buns" at subway are white flour with just a trace of whole wheat thrown in so they can use the term. They're tan due to caramel coloring.

Next you have processed lunchmeat, (trust me here) even the ham and turkey is completely worthless pressed meat shavings with enough sodium and preservatives to kill a rhino.

Tomatoes are all picked green and chemically gassed to turn red. Note, I didn't say ripen. The American Indians would not touch a tomato that hadn't completely ripened on the vine; but hey what did they know?

Next you dress it up with lots of mayonaise. (saturated fat spelled sideways)

Well at least the 3 day old lettuce is okay.

Seriously Inzah, you have to read up on this stuff if your intent is to be nutritionally minded and build a good physique.
  24. Banned

They didnt have cans of tuna? And fresh vegetables?

And you cant compare apple juice to a real apple. Although they want you to think they're similiar, theyre not even close.
  25. New Member

Inzah Dude, I'not trying to bust your chops here, but for crying out loud, a packaged sub. Let's see now, the bun is made of white flour, which will not even keep a lab rat alive for more than a few days. and even the "whole wheat buns" at subway are white flour with just a trace of whole wheat thrown in so they can use the term. They're tan due to caramel coloring.

Next you have processed lunchmeat, (trust me here) even the ham and turkey is completely worthless pressed meat shavings with enough sodium and preservatives to kill a rhino.

Tomatoes are all picked green and chemically gassed to turn red. Note, I didn't say ripen. The American Indians would not touch a tomato that hadn't completely ripened on the vine; but hey what did they know?

Next you dress it up with lots of mayonaise. (saturated fat spelled sideways)

Well at least the 3 day old lettuce is okay.

Seriously Inzah, you have to read up on this stuff if your intent is to be nutritionally minded and build a good physique.
    Ya, there was no vegetables or mayonaise I dont think.

YJ - So the apple juice wouldn't help at all? And no they didn't have tuna. All they had was crab meat or somethin like that but Ive never had it so didn't wanna end up wasting a can or something.
  26. New Member

That store is mostly pop, cookies, other junk food, ice cream, all that ****.
  27. Banned

I would probably ditch that store brother.....sometimes though if you dont plan, **** like this happens, oh well, **** it, its over. Just be ready next time. You can brown bag it and add things like:

Fruits (apples, bananas, grapes, oranges, etc.)
    Cans of tuna (better yet those new tuna packs)
    Dry oats
    Fresh vegetables
    A couple sccops of peanut butter in the container
    Cup of cottage cheese

List goes on and on......
  28. New Member

Alright thanks. Ya I never had much of a choice I had to get something quick inbewteen exams and the cafeteria was closed. I planned on getting a roastbeef sandwhich or somethign from there but they ended up being closed so I had to go to this store.
  29. Banned

Learn to pack your own. Natural peanut butter with whole fruit spread(not jelly or jam) on 100% whole wheat bread is better than anything at the store. Add some peeled hard-boiled eggs and when you're in the store, grab a pint of skim milk or 2%. Great nutritious meal and your energy levels will be elevated all through the day.
  30. New Member

Learn to pack your own. Natural peanut butter with whole fruit spread(not jelly or jam) on 100% whole wheat bread is better than anything at the store. Add some peeled hard-boiled eggs and when you're in the store, grab a pint of skim milk or 2%. Great nutritious meal and your energy levels will be elevated all through the day.
    K sounds good. I usually pack a lunch but never had the stuff today. Just a bad day today as far as my nutrition goes I guess.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Which Prohormone for UD2? (For 2 day spurts)
    By ProductReview in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 11:12 AM
  2. Flax oil container for lunch
    By dsl in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 12:43 AM
  3. which methyl for cutting?
    By hamper19 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-14-2004, 04:04 PM
  4. Which methyl for MAX Size?