weight staying the same but getting leaner?!

  1. Professional Member
    schwellington's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,813
    Rep Power
    8931
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    89.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    weight staying the same but getting leaner?!


    Hey my diet looks like this carbs 125-150 days 1-4 day 5 I recarb up-350-400 carbs and repeat on off days (once a week) I take in 100g's carbs. Lift weights hard then do a 15 minute session of HIIT on either elipticals or treadmill cardio 7 days a week.....I will be cutting back to 5 this week. I am on week 4 as of now... Protien is 225-250g's and fats 60-80g's (All clean). So I started at 224 now I am down to 219 or 220 and it is staying...historically for me in cuts I loose loose loose. But My weight is staying the same but I feel and look leaner.....wtf is going on?

  2. New Member
    Manko Oyaji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    409
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    36.35%

    How long have you been on the cut? I find it takes about a week to a couple of weeks to see results. Going from 7 days to 5 days sounds to me like a lot of cardio and HIIT as well. What does your bodyfat reading say? If you dont have some calipers I would just get some and measure one or two sites week to week to see if you are losing bodyfat and not muscle.
  3. Professional Member
    schwellington's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,813
    Rep Power
    8931
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    89.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    been on it for 3 full weeks now..... I do not know how to use calipers, but I do not my pants are fitting better! if you would explain how to use em that would be sweet.....but my strength is the same too. Yeah 7 days is TOO much cardio...just get obsessive with it, so I am cutting it back to five
    •   
       

  4. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,165
    Rep Power
    310840
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    62.67%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by schwellington View Post
    Hey my diet looks like this carbs 125-150 days 1-4 day 5 I recarb up-350-400 carbs and repeat on off days (once a week) I take in 100g's carbs. Lift weights hard then do a 15 minute session of HIIT on either elipticals or treadmill cardio 7 days a week.....I will be cutting back to 5 this week. I am on week 4 as of now... Protien is 225-250g's and fats 60-80g's (All clean). So I started at 224 now I am down to 219 or 220 and it is staying...historically for me in cuts I loose loose loose. But My weight is staying the same but I feel and look leaner.....wtf is going on?
    You're losing fat and gaining some lean mass - that's the only explanation for getting leaner without losing body mass.

    ~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. Senior Member
    sanchezgreg18's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,682
    Rep Power
    917
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    75.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    sounds like what most people try very hard to do; Recomp
  6. New Member
    kyoryoko's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    122
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    56.77%

    That's great man. Recomp.
    The cardio is helping I guess eh
  7. Professional Member
    schwellington's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,813
    Rep Power
    8931
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    89.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I guess....I didnt even set out for recomp....but hell if I gain some lean mass while loosing this gut I got from eating 5k calories on a prohormone cycle then I aint complaining. I guess that is the only explination since I am not getting any weaker, and I am looking leaner and leaner....SWEET
  8. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,165
    Rep Power
    310840
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    62.67%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by schwellington View Post
    I guess....I didnt even set out for recomp....but hell if I gain some lean mass while loosing this gut I got from eating 5k calories on a prohormone cycle then I aint complaining. I guess that is the only explination since I am not getting any weaker, and I am looking leaner and leaner....SWEET
    You're using hormonals - which could very well play a role in it; even if you're eating over Maintenance with hormonals, with some, you get a recomp effect more than a straight cut or bulk. Also the fact that you are calorie/carbohydrate cycling - which is the most effective method re nutrition for recomping.

    ~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  9. New Member
    kyoryoko's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    122
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    56.77%

    Ph plus carb cycling. Awesome nutrient partitioning. Good job dude
  10. New Member
    tbonesteakboy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    129
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    8.95%

    he said he was eating 5k calories and taking PH. I'm assuming that cycle is over and you're trying to lose the excess fat after your cycle, right?
  11. Professional Member
    SouthernCharm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,253
    Rep Power
    3299
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    17.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Good Job with tha Recomp!!!
  12. New Member
    FilipeBR's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    165
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.95%

    Darn I wish I could recomp like you...
  13. Professional Member
    schwellington's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,813
    Rep Power
    8931
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    89.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    yes the cycle is over and I am attempting to loose excesses. NOt on any hormonals now except ZMA which I dont even consider in the hormonal cat. even tough it is....slightly...
  14. Professional Member
    SouthernCharm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,253
    Rep Power
    3299
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    17.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by FilipeBR View Post
    Darn I wish I could recomp like you...
    ME TOO!!
  15. New Member
    tbonesteakboy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    129
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    8.95%

    if you're recomping without hormones... you could very well be genetically AWESOME lol
  16. Senior Member
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    876
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    21.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    It's awesome when you can do this isn't it bro? Haha.
  17. New Member
    Mindless's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    151
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    41.59%

    Wink BREAKING NEWS!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by schwellington View Post
    yes the cycle is over and I am attempting to loose excesses. NOt on any hormonals now except ZMA which I dont even consider in the hormonal cat. even tough it is....slightly...
    Everybody listen up!
    We have news for you: ZMA is a Prohormone!
  18. New Member
    FilipeBR's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    165
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.95%

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindless View Post
    Everybody listen up!
    We have news for you: ZMA is a Prohormone!
    YAY!!! lol
  19. New Member
    tbonesteakboy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    129
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    8.95%

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindless View Post
    Everybody listen up!
    We have news for you: ZMA is a Prohormone!
    Says otherwise on wikipedia... i've never heard raving reviews about it, honestly.

    Scientific studies

    A 1999 study was undertaken on NCAA Football players during an 8 week spring training program. The control group was told to cease taking any nutritional supplements. Those who took the ZMA tablets showed greater increases in muscle strength[citation needed]. This study was funded by SNAC Systems Inc. (the patent holders) and one of the study's authors (Victor Conte) has equity in this company.

    In 2004, a study funded by a research grant from Cytodyne (another supplement producing company) with 42 resistance trained males showed that ZMA supplementation had no significant effects on total and free testosterone, IGF-1, growth hormone, cortisol, the ratio of cortisol to testosterone, or muscle and liver enzymes in response to training. No significant effects were observed in changes in strength, upper or lower body muscle endurance, or anaerobic sprint capacity [3].

    In another study done in 2006, a team of German scientists conducted a study on the effect of ZMA and testosterone levels in the body[4]. The result showed an increase in zinc secretions in urine making it much darker like blood, but no effect on the level of testosterone in the body.
  20. New Member
    Mindless's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    151
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    41.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by tbonesteakboy View Post
    Says otherwise on wikipedia... i've never heard raving reviews about it, honestly.

    Scientific studies

    A 1999 study was undertaken on NCAA Football players during an 8 week spring training program. The control group was told to cease taking any nutritional supplements. Those who took the ZMA tablets showed greater increases in muscle strength[citation needed]. This study was funded by SNAC Systems Inc. (the patent holders) and one of the study's authors (Victor Conte) has equity in this company.

    In 2004, a study funded by a research grant from Cytodyne (another supplement producing company) with 42 resistance trained males showed that ZMA supplementation had no significant effects on total and free testosterone, IGF-1, growth hormone, cortisol, the ratio of cortisol to testosterone, or muscle and liver enzymes in response to training. No significant effects were observed in changes in strength, upper or lower body muscle endurance, or anaerobic sprint capacity [3].

    In another study done in 2006, a team of German scientists conducted a study on the effect of ZMA and testosterone levels in the body[4]. The result showed an increase in zinc secretions in urine making it much darker like blood, but no effect on the level of testosterone in the body.
    I was being sarcastic....
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Cant get any leaner!!
    By AllPro1284 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 05:45 PM
  2. Getting cut, staying stong, maintaining weight
    By natedogg151 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-26-2009, 11:06 AM
  3. Gaining weight, but staying in shape?
    By someguy1984 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 05:54 PM
  4. Low Dose ATD for staying in weight class?
    By beast69 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2006, 12:10 AM
  5. is my weight staying the same because im adding muscle?
    By iwinulose2981 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 11:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in