Too little Carbs

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.66%

Too little Carbs

I'm in the process of trying to diet off a lot of the weight that I put on last year. I can normally lose weight pretty quickly, by just lowering the amount of carbs that I consume later in the day with my normal workouts. recently I decided to completly remove starches from my diet in an effort to speed up this process and all of my weight loss has stopped. I was just wondering is it possible to be consuming too little carbs when dieting?

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.74%

Quote Originally Posted by M15 View Post
    I'm in the process of trying to diet off a lot of the weight that I put on last year. I can normally lose weight pretty quickly, by just lowering the amount of carbs that I consume later in the day with my normal workouts. recently I decided to completly remove starches from my diet in an effort to speed up this process and all of my weight loss has stopped. I was just wondering is it possible to be consuming too little carbs when dieting?
    It's hard to gauge since we don't know what you're consuming. Chances are you've just hit a bit of a plateau. Keep in mind you have to re-adjust your calories when you lose, so you may have to drop them a bit, but be careful not to drop them too far. Maybe also throw in a bit more cardio, possibly some higher intensity stuff. When I stall out, I usually throw in some hill training, or something similar that really gets my heart flying. Works every time.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.96%

yeah, hiit is some serious plateau breaking cardio. I do 7 mins sprint/jog on a treadmill in between my superset workout for a total of 21 mins (3 sessions). By the time I am done, I am drenched in sweat and my calves feel like they are about to explode...watch your body transform with this...
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.06%

Quote Originally Posted by M15 View Post
    Up your fats and turn it into a keto diet since your carbs are really low.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by risktaker View Post
    x2.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.62%

Quote Originally Posted by risktaker View Post
    I agree but would try alternating a carb (low, of course) with a keto, depending on if its cardio day or lifting. Our bodies adapt very quickly and changing the diet constantly is something that works for me.

OEP, early morning cardio, and a breakfast of cottage cheese, walnuts, and olive oil, has helped me with weight loss.

Eat morning carbs only on lifting days.

That's just me, of course.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Complex carbs supps vs simple carbs after workout ?
    By Markusrulezzz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 07-30-2012, 09:52 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 01:50 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 06:39 PM
  4. Refined Carbs Leads to Fat not total carbs
    By ironviking in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 10:08 AM