Whey comparrisons - AnabolicMinds.com

Whey comparrisons

1. Jag
    Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.

Whey comparrisons

i've bought a 20 kg bag of Whey Protein Isolate straight from the milk factory which has NO processing at all but a full amino acid profile similiar to commercial brands.

what (if any) is the differance in quality between this & commercial brands of whey that cost 4 times as much?

these companies must get their whey from somewhere so wouldn't it be milk factories like where i got mine from?

one thing i noticed was when i made pancakes with Optimums Whey it was very nice but this new one i got tasted VERY cheesey.
    actually i couldn't even eat it................and i'm NOT usually a fussy eater!!!

Jag

2. New Member

My guess regarding the difference between what you purchased and the more "commercial" whey proteins would be the degree of purity. In other words, "commercial" whey proteins are probably filtered or refined to a greater extent. You noticed a difference in taste, which is an indication that there is something in this product besides whey.
  3. New Member

Well it's cold filtered for that smooth taste...ops sorry. I thought this was about beer!

Go cheap by buying bulk from places like Black Star Labs, Kilo or Protein Factory. Like anything with brands you are paying for all that advertising when you buy "Commercial" although Biotest has just lower the price on a **** load of products. Grow! @ $23 isn't bad at all.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Bulk deal schmulk deal.

I just strap a dairy cow to my back. When I need my whey fix I simply look over my shoulder and nuzzle on an udder.

I'd imagine the increase in commercial price is due to the processing to make the whey more palatable, less clumpy and in a pretty and shiney package.
  5. New Member

LOL, must give you a hell of a leg workout!
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by phatbody
    Go cheap by buying bulk from places like Black Star Labs, Kilo or Protein Factory.
    I'd like to put All They Whey in that category, good price, great product, and tastes good even when I mix it with oats and water.
  7. Jag
    Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cogar
    My guess regarding the difference between what you purchased and the more "commercial" whey proteins would be the degree of purity. In other words, "commercial" whey proteins are probably filtered or refined to a greater extent. You noticed a difference in taste, which is an indication that there is something in this product besides whey.
    i don't think there's something IN it but rather something taken OUT of it.

whey is a by product of cheese so whatever processing they do it obviously gets rid of the cheesey taste.
    i don't notice the taste while i'm drinking it (in a shake) but the pancakes i made were disgusting.

Jag
  8. Elite Member

All the Whey is great in my opinion

Similar Forum Threads

1. Pro Rated vs. Optimum 100% Whey
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 10:36 AM
  2. Cooking with whey
    By JustMe in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-22-2003, 07:14 PM
  3. I just bought some EAS Simply Whey and love it!
    By windwords7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-04-2003, 07:18 PM
  4. Pro-Rated 100% Whey Protein
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-01-2003, 10:18 PM
  5. optimum whey + dextrose + strawberries
    By Sanosuke in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-27-2002, 03:12 PM