Using T3 to decrease thyroid...

hulky10

Awards
Long story short, I would love to slow my thyroid down. (I eat 6,000 calories a day and dont gain weight... I also weigh only 170 lbs.... I know). And I know that overdosing on T3 can cause downregulation of your thyroids natural excretion of thyroid hormones.

So.... my question is, how would I go about "safely" doing this.

(Side note, im on a decent amount of androgens so losing muscle doesnt really concern me atm.

ANY HELPS APPRECIATED, thanks in advance.

greaser

Awards
Long story short, I would love to slow my thyroid down. (I eat 6,000 calories a day and dont gain weight... I also weigh only 170 lbs.... I know). And I know that overdosing on T3 can cause downregulation of your thyroids natural excretion of thyroid hormones.

So.... my question is, how would I go about "safely" doing this.

(Side note, im on a decent amount of androgens so losing muscle doesnt really concern me atm.

ANY HELPS APPRECIATED, thanks in advance.

Jesus man, I would STRONGLY suggest that you get a blood test and get your thyroid levels measured. If you have hyperthyroidism then you and your doctor can figure out what to do. Your insurance will even pay for it because it's a legit medical condition. What you're talking about doing is intentionally messing up your endocrine system to lower your T3, which is a pretty drastic step, IMO. The thyroid will eventually shut down from taking T3 the way the testes eventually shut down from taking AAS. Then you'd probably wind up with a LOW thyroid.

But whatever you end up doing, a simple blood test will tell you if your T3 levels are high or not. You might have some other medical problem that's keeping you from gaining weight that the blood test might shed light on.

hulky10

Awards
Ive gotten a blood test before. My thyroid was high, but not high enough to indicate hyperthyroidism. Also my test was like low thousands and my estrogen was aprox 35, so from what I recall, theres nothing that would keep me from gaining weight... And my uncle has krones (unsure of spelling) but he has symptoms like severe stomach pain, and dhiarea, unlike me. The only symptoms I have are being an ectomorph and being able to eat like a horse (almost literally...)

.............any docters in the house? lol

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Jesus man, I would STRONGLY suggest that you get a blood test and get your thyroid levels measured. If you have hyperthyroidism then you and your doctor can figure out what to do. Your insurance will even pay for it because it's a legit medical condition. What you're talking about doing is intentionally messing up your endocrine system to lower your T3, which is a pretty drastic step, IMO. The thyroid will eventually shut down from taking T3 the way the testes eventually shut down from taking AAS. Then you'd probably wind up with a LOW thyroid.

But whatever you end up doing, a simple blood test will tell you if your T3 levels are high or not. You might have some other medical problem that's keeping you from gaining weight that the blood test might shed light on.
the thyroid doesn't shut down the same as Testosterone/estrogen does. The thyroid shuts down the same as if you were on t3 4 days or 4 weeks. The same is not true for Test. Test shutdown is dependent on length and volume of a cycle.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Ive gotten a blood test before. My thyroid was high, but not high enough to indicate hyperthyroidism. Also my test was like low thousands and my estrogen was aprox 35, so from what I recall, theres nothing that would keep me from gaining weight... And my uncle has krones (unsure of spelling) but he has symptoms like severe stomach pain, and dhiarea, unlike me. The only symptoms I have are being an ectomorph and being able to eat like a horse (almost literally...)

.............any docters in the house? lol
i would do terrible, terrible things to have that problem. then again, i love MJ and i love food.